ESPN: Ranking the Big Ten bowl matchups (#9. Minnesota vs. Washington State)

BleedGopher

Reaction score

I can't argue too much with this. But I look at Nebraska vs. Tennessee at #5 on the last and wonder how the rankings would've looked if Minnesota and Nebraska switched bowls/opponents, since we could've gone to Nashville. Something tells me we still would've been #9 and Nebraska #5.

The one that doesn't belong: Wisconsin vs. Western Michigan at #3. I don't even know if Wisconsin is looking forward to that one.

The one that doesn't belong: Wisconsin vs. Western Michigan at #3. I don't even know if Wisconsin is looking forward to that one.

This Wisconsin fan agrees with you. The one benefit of this matchup is that it will finally answer the question, "If you held the Motor City Bowl in a 110,000 seat stadium, how many people would come?"

Becky won't draw 5,000 fans against WMU. And they are right. Dallas is a sh-t hole. When we went to the Menike Carcare Bowl against Texas Tech it was the worst Bowl experience we've ever had.

Becky won't draw 5,000 fans against WMU. And they are right. Dallas is a sh-t hole. When we went to the Menike Carcare Bowl against Texas Tech it was the worst Bowl experience we've ever had.

You are joking, right? Texas bowl is Houston. This is in Cowboys stadium. Trust me they will travel.

per ESPN:

9. National Funding Holiday Bowl: Minnesota vs. Washington State

Mike Leach is involved so the potential for some fun is there. Leach’s latest quarterback protégé Luke Falk gives the Cougars a pretty significant advantage, though, and could make this a lopsided affair on the field.

http://www.espn.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/139694/ranking-the-big-ten-bowl-matchups

Go Gophers!!
Hopefully, the Gophers will finally open up on offense and throw everything but the kitchen sink at WSU, which is 28th against the run (we are 20th). So we can't assume the usual three yards and a cloud of dust will do it. If we open up, it will be a fun game, down to the wire.

Top Bottom