Holiday FB conflict with MSU

Agreed. Someone brought up the IU game, but that worked perfectly because their football game is really late. Ours is at 6, so the only way to remove the conflict is to move the basketball game to 4 or 9:30, neither one of which seems to be a tenable solution.

There's also no guarantee that the football game is done in 3 and a half hours anyway.

My Plan:

5:30PM-Halftime of Holiday Bowl: Watch football game at Sally's or Stub & Herb's
8:00PM: Go to basketball game and follow along on phone

DVR the FB game so I can replay as needed.

Can't wait!

The Holiday Bowl is the closest venue you'll get to the Rose Bowl. They've a parade, huge area attractions, pre -game day activities , etc. I love Gopher Basketball, but at my age, the Holiday Bowl maybe the closest I'll get to Pasadena.

Agreed. Someone brought up the IU game, but that worked perfectly because their football game is really late. Ours is at 6, so the only way to remove the conflict is to move the basketball game to 4 or 9:30, neither one of which seems to be a tenable solution.

I believe we played MSU in the opener in Tubby's last season on a weekday at 1:00 PM and it was a sellout or close to it. However, it was New Year's Eve, so probably not as big of an issue for people to take off in the middle of the work day.

That happened a few years ago, too, on a New Year's eve. The Alumni band played at the bb game on ESPN.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

No game will be bigger for the psyche of this team than the B1G opener. Conference openers can set a tone for the rest of the season. Lose this, and the Gophers are staring 0

From looking at what tix are available on the Gophers website 10,000-11,000 seems to be what is sold. At $40 a pop for upper deck/bench I think even getting to 12,000 will be a tall order but hope I am wrong.

I believe we played MSU in the opener in Tubby's last season on a weekday at 1:00 PM and it was a sellout or close to it. However, it was New Year's Eve, so probably not as big of an issue for people to take off in the middle of the work day.

Taking off work for #9 Gophers vs. #18 Mich State in a game that was scheduled in September is different than a team drawing like crap and switching a game time 19 days out. Holy crap, I forgot how amazing that game was...18-2 run to end the game, win by 13.

No game will be bigger for the psyche of this team than the B1G opener. Conference openers can set a tone for the rest of the season. Lose this, and the Gophers are staring 0

From looking at what tix are available on the Gophers website 10,000-11,000 seems to be what is sold. At $40 a pop for upper deck/bench I think even getting to 12,000 will be a tall order but hope I am wrong.

Wow! I expected them to be half of that. (No secret I'm a grad student at MSU) I can get MSU upper deck tickets for $15 to nearly any game that's not sold out (Mich, OSU, IND) in advance. The most expensive available ticket to MSU basketball (that are available) are $32...

And we wonder why the Gophers don't sell out...

Taking off work for #9 Gophers vs. #18 Mich State in a game that was scheduled in September is different than a team drawing like crap and switching a game time 19 days out. Holy crap, I forgot how amazing that game was...18-2 run to end the game, win by 13.

Agreed. Switching the time would probably make the 7,000 who attend happy, while the other 7,000 dress as empty seats.

when will you know when the gophers michigan state college basketball game is moving to a different time or different day when will we know

What about even starting the game at 8:30? Wouldnt be a huge difference but might allow people to watch whole first half of football game then be at the barn by tip off.

What about even starting the game at 8:30? Wouldnt be a huge difference but might allow people to watch whole first half of football game then be at the barn by tip off.
Most people are more interested in the second half of a game. It makes no sense to move the BB game - it would only disrupt attendance for a huge game.
The bigger deal is that there's a bowl game in a desirable location so some BB ticket holders will go, and hopefully give their tickets for an excellent game to some potential fans as a Christmas present.

It seems as if this conflict of game times may have solved itself. In the spirit of making lemonade from lemons (just add sugar), if you're in town, get a ticket and put your seat in the Barn. Let's fill 'er up to capacity for the home opener. :clap:

SET THE TONE

It seems as if this conflict of game times may have solved itself. In the spirit of making lemonade from lemons (just add sugar), if you're in town, get a ticket and put your seat in the Barn. Let's fill 'er up to capacity for the home opener. :clap:

Absolutely. Whatever crowd is there needs to be engaged from the opening tap.

This is easily the biggest game at The Barn in 2-3 years. The B1G opener/Sparty game for better or worse will be the tone-setter. Can not go 12-1 in the non-conference, get people reasonably excited about the team, then follow it by losing to a young, undersized, banged up (though talented) team in your first home game, especially with a roadie @ Purdue to follow.

Set the tone. Get it done. Continue to make us believe. Beat State.

Top Bottom