STrib: Penn State points to victory over Gophers as season's turning point

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Jason:

The Gophers might have pondered Saturday after the Big Ten championship game “What could have been?”

Penn State rallied to upset Wisconsin and win the conference title and its ninth consecutive game. This winning streak began Oct. 1 against the Gophers in a game that was one minute away from becoming Penn State's third loss in five games.

Instead, the comeback victory jump started a run that would lead the Nittany Lions to a Big Ten championship and Penn State coach James Franklin reminded Gophers fans of that Saturday night.

"I would probably say Minnesota,” Franklin answered the Fox Sports crew’s question about a turning point in his team’s season. “They're good team and they were playing people tough all year long.”

http://www.startribune.com/penn-sta...-gophers-as-season-s-turning-point/404783696/

Go Gophers!!

I know going into that game I don't know that any of us were looking at them as a potential Big Ten Champion. They had lost a close one to a solid Pitt squad and been beaten soundly by Michigan. They absolutely took off after our game with them.

They should send us a fruit basket or something. Our inability to close out games is a big reason why they are playing in the Rose Bowl.

Jason Gonzalez must have run this story by Sid first to get an idea of how hot this scoop was. Sid told him, "Run with it kid. This scoop is hot. What are you waiting for kid this story won't print itself. You're going to go far in this business mark my words."

Top Bottom