Sid: Some observers say Leidner might play as an athlete and not as a QB in NFL.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sid:

• The word from people involved in the NFL draft is that two Gophers have a good chance to be drafted in April in cornerback Jaylen Myrick and safety Damarius Travis. Quarterback Mitch Leidner has had an up-and-down draft stock. Tackle Jonah Pirsig also is a possibility. Leidner didn’t help his draft prospects with his four second-half interceptions at Wisconsin. Some observers say Leidner might play as an athlete and not as a quarterback in the NFL.

• Former Gophers quarterback Philip Nelson had a big year for Eastern Carolina, completing 237 passes for 2,621 yards and 16 touchdowns. He has been invited to the NFL Players Association Collegiate Bowl that will be held Jan. 21 in Dominguez Hills, Calif.

http://www.startribune.com/chad-greenway-says-vikings-must-learn-to-close-out-games/404675266/

Go Gophers!!

And by some observers he means Sid Hartman. Leidner has a slim chance of making a roster as a QB he has zero chance of making a roster at any other position.

And by some observers he means Sid Hartman. Leidner has a slim chance of making a roster as a QB he has zero chance of making a roster at any other position.

He'll be a great nfl tight end....

I agree, but his chances of making an NFL roster as QB are 0. He is an awful passer, and a lumbering runner. That won't work in the NFL.

ML7 will never play a down in the NFL, but he may be valuable on a practice squad for various reasons. Drafted? No. Play? No. Earn a check? Maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leidner has the body of a TE or LB, the transition to TE would be easier, off the top of my head, both Mike Tice and Marquise Gray successfully made the transition.

Leidner has the body of a TE or LB, the transition to TE would be easier, off the top of my head, both Mike Tice and Marquise Gray successfully made the transition.

No way...the kid is a terrible athlete along with a bad QB. He got so many TDs because he weighs 230 at the goal line.

Slow hip and foot speed. He will never play a down in the NFL.

No way...the kid is a terrible athlete along with a bad QB. He got so many TDs because he weighs 230 at the goal line.

He's not the athlete Gray is, but I haven't seen many terrible athletes run for nearly 1500 yards over their college career. And they should have ran him more this year.

I look forward to when Mitch is no longer in football and we get to argue about if he is or is not watching the games on TV or something like that.

Terrible athletes play close to 50 football games at the high major Division I level all the time. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Others will fixate on the terrible athlete point but you are correct about speed. He is too slow to play any other position in college or the NFL. I'm glad his Gopher career has come to a close and hope he finds success in whatever line of work he chooses to pursue outside playing football.

Did Sid just Rickroll us?
I'm afraid to click on that link...

Please mate. We're all well aware of the bowl game. You understood what was meant.

Still hope the kid finds happiness with his career.

But that doesn't matter here. What matters is literal reading of what is written so people can display their supposed superiority.

Top Bottom