Hello Gophers I come in peace

wsufan99

Reaction score
Will be interesting. WSU was a tale of 3 seasons.

They went through major adversity the first 2 weeks(would not have lost those games now) then won 8 straigt and had some some key injuries at the time of of the CU game. Really hurt on defense and inside WR. They dropped 3td passes, game was closer than the final.

I am a season ticket holder and UW is legit, they have it all, but Bama still gonna launch them.

WSU fans are fun, OMG you have no clue. Google Cougs drink plane and bar out it was epic at auburn in 2013. This is a big bowl for us as 15,000 WSU alums live within 5 hours of San Diego. WSU will sell a crapload of tickets. Plus most of WSUs commits are from LA and San Diego. WSU did not play in LA this year so this will be a defecto recruiting trip.

Anything you want to know just pick my brain.

only thing I have to say is WSU's backs are really good, very under valued. They have rushed for 1600 yards and have almost 1000 yards receiving. The short pass game is extension of the The run game.

They went through major adversity the first 2 weeks(would not have lost those games now) then won 8 straigt and had some some key injuries at the time of of the CU game. Really hurt on defense and inside WR. They dropped 3td passes, game was closer than the final.

I am a season ticket holder and UW is legit, they have it all, but Bama still gonna launch them.

WSU fans are fun, OMG you have no clue. Google Cougs drink plane and bar out it was epic at auburn in 2013. This is a big bowl for us as 15,000 WSU alums live within 5 hours of San Diego. WSU will sell a crapload of tickets. Plus most of WSUs commits are from LA and San Diego. WSU did not play in LA this year so this will be a defecto recruiting trip.

only thing I have to say is WSU's backs are really good, very under valued. They have rushed for 1600 yards and have almost 1000 yards receiving. The short pass game is extension of the The run game.

Welcome WSU fan. I am really looking forward to this matchup and the weather should be great.

It sounds like the Cougars run a west coast offense with short passes to the backs and some deeper routes to the receivers?

Is it a veteran team?

Off topic question: do you get the sense that Oregon State will be a solid team next year?

Welcome WSU fan. I am really looking forward to this matchup and the weather should be great.

It sounds like the Cougars run a west coast offense with short passes to the backs and some deeper routes to the receivers?

Is it a veteran team?

Off topic question: do you get the sense that Oregon State will be a solid team next year?

nope wsu does not run a west coast offense, they take what you give. Leach 's offense is fun to watch.

Wsu still young team, we were so down when leach arrived that he is still building depth. They will have 17 of 22 starters back next year on both sides, next year wsu will be crazy good I can't begin to tell you how bad wsu was. We won 35 games from 2005-2014, if we win the bowl will have win 18 games in 2 years and 13-5 in the PAC 12 since last season.

Honestly not sure on the Beavers. We stunk for a half vs them. Team woke up and went from down 24-6 to 35-24. They are really down, Reilly really screwed them wSU fans are beaver fans as we share the same values. Small town schools and total college towns.

Here are the wsu highlights from our common opponent OSU. I turned the gsme off as I was drunk and we were down 24-6 at half then wsu went nuts

http://youtu.be/qCd4q0-S_c4

Again wsu fans are gold, we have it tough.

wsufan99

Welcome to GH and looking forward to learning more about your cougs. If I'm not mistaken, it sounds like you guys had some off the field incidents. Can you shed some light on that and whether it had any impact on the program this season?

Don't take this the wrong way but it seems like it would be a challenge to recruit kids to a place like Pullman. In state you obviously have another big time D1 and conference rival sitting in Seattle. California is a hotbed but it has to be hard to convince kids to give up the beach in southern cali or the Bay Area up north. I can't imagine there is a ton of talent in eastern Washington. Any thoughts?

Watching Washington State for the most part shut down Stanford really has me concerned about this game. Wash St is going to score their fair share of points, but I fear our offense might not be able to keep up.

Leach runs his own brand of the Air Raid.

Here is an excellent primer on the evolution of the Air Raid and Leach's tweaks we will see in 3 weeks. Really looking forward to this game!

http://smartfootball.com/tag/mike-leach#sthash.E97IsY50.SeMjzgfO.dpbs

Mike Leach’s success at Texas Tech needs no introduction. His teams blitzkrieged the previously conservative Big 12 conference, frequently leading the nation in passing yards and total offense, and not only did he have success with his own team but he had an outsized effect on the rest of football in the southwest, on his own conference and high schools across Texas.
But his teams weren’t an instant success at Tech. They threw the ball successfully and went to bowl games, but it wasn’t until the 2002 season, when his quarterback Kliff Kingsbury was a senior, that the offense truly exploded. Leach himself told his story in his book, and I trace some of the schematic evolutions at play in mine. At that point, first with Kingsbury but then during an incredible run of four straight fifth-year senior quarterbacks, and then finally with Graham Harrell and Michael Crabtree in 2008, the “pure” Air Raid turned into one of the best attacks in football history, shredding defenses and record books at an alarming rate.
The changes Leach made were not major, but they were important. While he kept the basic structure of the offense basically the same as what he and Mumme had used at Kentucky, he did make some changes, many of them necessitated by his increased use of a four-wide receiver set, rather than the two-back look they had used at Kentucky. These changes were: (1) wide linemen splits, (2) running some concepts through the left “inside receiver”, the “H” receiver, as well as through the “Y” receiver, and (3) the increased focus and adaptation of four verticals.
Linemen splits. It was impossible to flip over to a Texas Tech game and not be shocked at the enormous amount of space between the offensive linemen, at least as compared with other teams. The trend across football had been a tightening and homogenization of line splits as every team seemed to go to a basic inside zone/outside zone running game, and on the outside zone in particular teams used relatively small splits. But then there was Leach’s Red Raider offense. It was weird stuff, but there was method to the madness.
- See more at: http://smartfootball.com/tag/mike-leach#sthash.E97IsY50.dpuf

I recall Glen Mason telling a story after the infamous collapse about their defensive game plan. He said his defensive staff devised a way to stop Leach's air raid offense using a certain defensive alignment. Mason asked his staff what would happen if Leach figured it out to which they replied, we're toast. Unfortunately Leach did figure it out and made the adjustments at halftime and the rest is history.

Looking back, I think Mason might not have been fired if people had been more familiar with Leach's air raid offense and what was to come. The U was just one of many casualties as it turned out. Glen just had terrible timing.

wsufan99

Welcome to GH and looking forward to learning more about your cougs. If I'm not mistaken, it sounds like you guys had some off the field incidents. Can you shed some light on that and whether it had any impact on the program this season?

Don't take this the wrong way but it seems like it would be a challenge to recruit kids to a place like Pullman. In state you obviously have another big time D1 and conference rival sitting in Seattle. California is a hotbed but it has to be hard to convince kids to give up the beach in southern cali or the Bay Area up north. I can't imagine there is a ton of talent in eastern Washington. Any thoughts?

Oh man the off the field stuff was nuts. It would take to long to describe it other than the Pullman Cops and the schools student review board ran with a narrative and cost our starting All PAC 12 safety a start in the first game, it really hurt bad. We lost our starting DT for 3 games and our starting Buck LB for 7 games. All of them kids from Samoa with limited English skills. They were all tossed from school by a bunch of white students and nasty professors before their cases were even heard before the courts. The state of Washington got involved and overturned their cases 1 by 1 and all will be playing in the bowl. Plus WSU's starting center had his dad die at the Sun Bowl, his mom died of cancer 3 months later and get this he was diagnosed with testicular cancer in may and barley made it to the season.

The first 2 games if they played them again would not be close and it just sucks, WSU really should have been 10-2. They were just not ready to play yet. It clicked after that and they smoked everyone but Oregon State, came out flat and were down 24-6 and score 31 straight to win.

WSU's selling point for LA kids and their moms is Safety and family, plus now WSU has some of the most ridiculous football facilities in the nation. The football building, and stadium itself are very unique to Pullman. It only holds 35,000, but it is a big time facility. Recruiting against UW sucks has since the dawn of time. Every kid in western wa will go to UW if they are offered, nothing can change that.

Leach is a good recruiter and finds the kids who fit his system. He works the living hell out of them, watched from practices, they are nasty. A 5 star primadona is not coming to play for him no way.

I knew nothing about leach before he was hired less the pirate stuff, so I bought his book. it was an amazing read looking back on it as everything he did at Texas Tech as described in the book he did at WSU. If you don't work in the classroom or at practice you do not play. Education to him is number 1, WSU now has the highest GPA in schools history and 3rd best APR rate behind Stanford and Utah.

I have spoken with him at football fundraisers more than once and he remembers everyone, guys brain never stops. He really is a genuine guy. What your see is what your get and the kids love it as he will just tell em to their face. The more I have seen him the more I respect him. The best thing your will see this year is Leach walking to work, he does it every day 3.5 miles

it is actually from last season, but gives your the gist of how tiny and cool Pullman is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwSvfeFG2W8

Do you have some secret society of people who organize online to bring a WSU flag to every college gameday?

I never gave WSU much thought. wsufan99 is making me a big fan of the town, school, and coach (I already was that). Thanks for sharing your perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recall Glen Mason telling a story after the infamous collapse about their defensive game plan. He said his defensive staff devised a way to stop Leach's air raid offense using a certain defensive alignment. Mason asked his staff what would happen if Leach figured it out to which they replied, we're toast. Unfortunately Leach did figure it out and made the adjustments at halftime and the rest is history.

Looking back, I think Mason might not have been fired if people had been more familiar with Leach's air raid offense and what was to come. The U was just one of many casualties as it turned out. Glen just had terrible timing.

We were up 38-7 midway through the third, no? It took more than just a defensive collapse to lose. We could have almost taken a knee for the rest of the game and won.

What is the story about the ESPN Gameday flag? there is a WSU flag every week for years. I don't think you have missed a week. Is it one flag? Do you guys just mail it to whatever alumni live in the area?

We were up 38-7 midway through the third, no? It took more than just a defensive collapse to lose. We could have almost taken a knee for the rest of the game and won.

Yes, it was not just a defensive collapse but rather a total team effort. We should have been able to hold by leaving the band on the field after halftime. Oh well, one for the record books.

[/B]

Yes, it was not just a defensive collapse but rather a total team effort. We should have been able to hold by leaving the band on the field after halftime. Oh well, one for the record books.

Relive the horror with the 2nd-half and OT drive chart:

2nd Half
Minnesota: Field Goal, 16 plays, 78 yards, TOP 7:13, TT 7 - MINN 38
Texas Tech: Touchdown, 6 plays, 76 yards, TOP 2:49, TT 14 - MINN 38
Minnesota: Punt, 6 plays, 4 yards, TOP 2:48
Texas Tech: Touchdown, 11 plays, 61 yards, TOP 2:14, TT 21 - MINN 38
Minnesota: Turnover on Downs, 10 plays, 35 yards, TOP 5:35
Texas Tech: Touchdown, 7 plays, 63 yards, TOP 1:31, TT 28 - MINN 38
Minnesota: Punt, 3 plays, 6 yards, TOP 2:15
Texas Tech: Touchdown, 9 plays, 56 yards, TOP 2:55, TT 35 - MINN 38
Minnesota: Punt, 3 plays, -5 yards, TOP 1:33
Texas Tech: Field Goal, 8 plays, 53 yards, TOP 1:06

OT
Minnesota: Field Goal, 6 plays, 10 yards
Texas Tech: Touchdown, 5 plays, 25 yards

Outside of the first drive of the 2nd half:
Minnesota: 0 points, 28 plays, 50 yards (1.8 yards per play), TOP 12:11 (26 seconds per play)
Texas Tech: 37 points, 46 plays, 334 yards (7.3 yards per play), TOP 10:35 (14 seconds per play)

Good for those that still long for Mase to remember this. GHers complained like mad this year when TC called a TO too soon. This coaching debacle should help put that in context. It rightfully so was the end of Mason's entire coaching career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing I remember about watching that Insight bowl debacle unfold is sitting there thinking, "what a stupid f'ing rule it is for the clock to stop after every first down." I still hate that rule and can't believe that college football hasn't changed it yet. If you look at the drive chart, that rule is really what made the ridiculous comeback (any ridiculous comeback) like that possible...it's not like we gave up that many huge plays.

Our defense now is a far cry from those days, and actually is built to stop exactly this sort of offense. Unless we have (another) key injury in the secondary, I think this was about as favorable a matchup as we could've hoped for -- one that should be entertaining and one we should win.

The thing I remember about watching that Insight bowl debacle unfold is sitting there thinking, "what a stupid f'ing rule it is for the clock to stop after every first down." I still hate that rule and can't believe that college0 football hasn't changed it yet. If you look at the drive chart, that rule is really what made the ridiculous comeback (any ridiculous comeback) like that possible...it's not like we gave up that many huge plays.

Our defense now is a far cry from those days, and actually is built to stop exactly this sort of offense. Unless we have (another) key injury in the secondary, I think this was about as favorable a matchup as we could've hoped for -- one that should be entertaining and one we should win.

I like that rule myself. Keeps a drive going a bit, makes things exciting.

Personally I think we should go further and adopt the CFL rule where the game can't end outside of a play.

So when the clock hits 00:00 and there has to be a play to end it. An exception for say taking a knee could be implemented.

What is the story about the ESPN Gameday flag? there is a WSU flag every week for years. I don't think you have missed a week. Is it one flag? Do you guys just mail it to whatever alumni live in the area?

It is just awesome how it started, literally between guys on our message board in 2003, I remember when it happened. A guy took a flag for fun from Albuquerque to Austin on a dare basically to see if he could get it on gameday in 2003, we were good then and were hoping they could come to Pullman that was the pitch. Well he was on and we thought it was over. On the message board a WSU grad a week later asked if his daughter could fly the flag at Bowling Green in honor of her grandfather who was a legend at WSU in the 30's(this guy was one of the actual people The Great Escape Movie was based about the German POW Camp, he was there". So the guy in New Mex, shipped the flag to his daughter and she drove the flag from Detroit and flew it, this is where it started to roll. Within 3 days a foundation was set up and money started to pour in to fly it week to week.

It was hard to find people at first, one guy worked for an airline and would fly to a city on a last minute basis if no one could be found, he did it like 14 times. Now it is to the point where there are hundreds of people in the database across the country waiting to do it. The guy who has season tickets in front of me is actually in charge of the website now. UPS now does not charge us to send it anywhere anymore either, they just give us free shipping labels and it is off the next stop.

New flags are made every year as they are signed by the ESPN staff and the flag waivers. A few of them are in the Alumni Center after being retired and since gameday was in Seattle for the UW SC game they brought them to Pullman for the night game vs Cal and they lead the team onto the field, first time that ever happened.

The AD Bill Moos really made this a priority for the school, the previous AD did not even seem to care. Now on homecoming the entire team comes out with flags, the last town your drive through to get to Pullman, Colfax has a flag on every pole as the highway is their main street. One game a year a student is stationed on the highway every mile from Spokane to Pullman waving one, it has become an incredible tradition. Here is one video, they have others but are only about 35 seconds long from this year and last. This will shows you how in the middle of freaking no where WSU is, biggest town between there and Spokane has 2880 residents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsBFBwYmQII

nope wsu does not run a west coast offense, they take what you give. Leach 's offense is fun to watch.

Wsu still young team, we were so down when leach arrived that he is still building depth. They will have 17 of 22 starters back next year on both sides, next year wsu will be crazy good I can't begin to tell you how bad wsu was. We won 35 games from 2005-2014, if we win the bowl will have win 18 games in 2 years and 13-5 in the PAC 12 since last season.

Honestly not sure on the Beavers. We stunk for a half vs them. Team woke up and went from down 24-6 to 35-24. They are really down, Reilly really screwed them wSU fans are beaver fans as we share the same values. Small town schools and total college towns.

Here are the wsu highlights from our common opponent OSU. I turned the gsme off as I was drunk and we were down 24-6 at half then wsu went nuts

http://youtu.be/qCd4q0-S_c4

Again wsu fans are gold, we have it tough.

Being ranked 114 in rushing offense, guess WSU wasn't given many rushing opportunities to take?

Tell us about the passing defense. Looks to be one of the lowest ranked Gophs will face this season...

Watching Washington State for the most part shut down Stanford really has me concerned about this game. Wash St is going to score their fair share of points, but I fear our offense might not be able to keep up.

As was answered in the other thread...not a lot of teams rushed or needed to do so. They have a pass defense that ranked near the bottom in FBS.

It is just awesome how it started, literally between guys on our message board in 2003, I remember when it happened. A guy took a flag for fun from Albuquerque to Austin on a dare basically to see if he could get it on gameday in 2003, we were good then and were hoping they could come to Pullman that was the pitch. Well he was on and we thought it was over. On the message board a WSU grad a week later asked if his daughter could fly the flag at Bowling Green in honor of her grandfather who was a legend at WSU in the 30's(this guy was one of the actual people The Great Escape Movie was based about the German POW Camp, he was there". So the guy in New Mex, shipped the flag to his daughter and she drove the flag from Detroit and flew it, this is where it started to roll. Within 3 days a foundation was set up and money started to pour in to fly it week to week.

It was hard to find people at first, one guy worked for an airline and would fly to a city on a last minute basis if no one could be found, he did it like 14 times. Now it is to the point where there are hundreds of people in the database across the country waiting to do it. The guy who has season tickets in front of me is actually in charge of the website now. UPS now does not charge us to send it anywhere anymore either, they just give us free shipping labels and it is off the next stop.

New flags are made every year as they are signed by the ESPN staff and the flag waivers. A few of them are in the Alumni Center after being retired and since gameday was in Seattle for the UW SC game they brought them to Pullman for the night game vs Cal and they lead the team onto the field, first time that ever happened.

The AD Bill Moos really made this a priority for the school, the previous AD did not even seem to care. Now on homecoming the entire team comes out with flags, the last town your drive through to get to Pullman, Colfax has a flag on every pole as the highway is their main street. One game a year a student is stationed on the highway every mile from Spokane to Pullman waving one, it has become an incredible tradition. Here is one video, they have others but are only about 35 seconds long from this year and last. This will shows you how in the middle of freaking no where WSU is, biggest town between there and Spokane has 2880 residents.

That's so awesome

Being ranked 114 in rushing offense, guess WSU wasn't given many rushing opportunities to take?

Tell us about the passing defense. Looks to be one of the lowest ranked Gophs will face this season...

People just absolutely wing in the PAC 12 and our corner play this year has just stunk, we can't figure it out. Both kids that start have played a ton and just never seem to get better. We just don't have the depth there we need yet I guess. Plus we had to start a True frosh at Safety, that killed us the 1st two weeks, good lord he was so lost it was nuts. Our front 7 really took a hit with all the suspension related stuff from the fight at a frat in the summer(such a cluster) and injuries after the ASU game, the defense really struggled the rest of the year starting with the Oregon State game. We lost the NT, MLB, and both OLB who technically play on the line and the drop of was major in talent and experience. Could not rush the passer anymore and the run stopping went to hell, thank god for the offense. Good thing Cal and Arizona were so bad as those were 2 easy wins.

When WSU was totally healthy early in the season they played their best games vs Stanford and Oregon they absolutely beat the living hell out of both of them in back to back weeks, then played UCLA and were up 27-7 late before 2 garbage time TDs. Problem with WSU probably like you guys unlike the big boys there is just never enough depth no matter how your recruit, its not like Bama or Michigan where the back up is well just like the starter most times.

WSU should have everyone back for the bowl less the WR River Cracraft, ugh what a loss just a stud, he and Marks were the only WR combo ever in PAC 12 to have over 200 career receptions each. We were up big vs Cal he caught a simple pass over the middle not much contact and never got up, tore his ACL. He is a major, major loss and he was missed dearly in the Colorado game. Did not matter in the UW game as they just kicked our faces in.

The rushing ranking is misleading I guess as it is due to Leach's offense. The three backs have rushed for 1584 yards and average 6.1, 8, and 5.7 yards per carry. They had three games this year where they just deiced to run it and had over 200 in each. Add in another 957 in passing, which are technically runs no pass less maybe 3 all year are more than 2 or 3 yards down field, most are swing passes, screens and shovel passes. They account for over half the touches in every game and that gets lost in the Leach tosses it 45 times a game stuff. RB is a huge aspect of his offense and no one realizes it unless you look at the box score.

When leach arrived the o-line was trash and the RB were worse. WSU had 6, seriously 6 scholarship lineman, we were one jump ahead of SMU after the death penalty. Now the starting left guard is one of the 3 Outland trophy finalists and the 3 backs who play each have a skill set that allows them to thrive in the system. One is a power back with speed, the other could play WR his hands are so good and the third is a freshman that if he had not blown his knee out as a senior in HS, we never would have snagged him. Guy is a freak, can do it all. Would be a feature type back in another offense, but Leach rotates them continually to keep each fresh.

Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Go Gophers!!

Relive the horror with the 2nd-half and OT drive chart:

2nd Half
Minnesota: Field Goal, 16 plays, 78 yards, TOP 7:13, TT 7 - MINN 38
Texas Tech: Touchdown, 6 plays, 76 yards, TOP 2:49, TT 14 - MINN 38
Minnesota: Punt, 6 plays, 4 yards, TOP 2:48
Texas Tech: Touchdown, 11 plays, 61 yards, TOP 2:14, TT 21 - MINN 38
Minnesota: Turnover on Downs, 10 plays, 35 yards, TOP 5:35
Texas Tech: Touchdown, 7 plays, 63 yards, TOP 1:31, TT 28 - MINN 38
Minnesota: Punt, 3 plays, 6 yards, TOP 2:15
Texas Tech: Touchdown, 9 plays, 56 yards, TOP 2:55, TT 35 - MINN 38
Minnesota: Punt, 3 plays, -5 yards, TOP 1:33
Texas Tech: Field Goal, 8 plays, 53 yards, TOP 1:06

OT
Minnesota: Field Goal, 6 plays, 10 yards
Texas Tech: Touchdown, 5 plays, 25 yards

Outside of the first drive of the 2nd half:
Minnesota: 0 points, 28 plays, 50 yards (1.8 yards per play), TOP 12:11 (26 seconds per play)
Texas Tech: 37 points, 46 plays, 334 yards (7.3 yards per play), TOP 10:35 (14 seconds per play)

1. I attended this game. The bold series is where we lost the game (in my arrogant opinion). We had made a first down running the ball, and I'm thinking "brilliant, keep doing that and we win the game, no problem." Then we throw that stupid fade pass, incomplete, and stop the clock. Stupidly, we tried to pass again and Cupito got sacked, or he was almost sacked and threw a pass that could have easily been picked. Then, stupidly we passed again, a young Decker caught the ball (well short of a first down - going 100 mph out of bounds to stop the clock again). So we gave them 2 or 3 free TO's and did not get a first down. We then punted and the momentum had swung and it was over. We did not have anyone who was good enough to make a play and win it for us (we just needed someone to make one play and we win. We should never have been in that position, but our coaches stupidly put us there. Yes, the only way we could have lost that game was by being stupid and we obliged. In case you are wondering my recollection of that game brings to mind only one word, "stupid!"

2. As far as I can tell our WSU guest appears to be a fine gent. However, WSU played at UNLV a couple of years ago and several of the Cougar fans were drunkenly obnoxious (sitting in an elderly woman’s seat and refusing to leave until security intervened; hollering obscenities which I appreciated sitting with my 9 year old daughter, etc.) I must say that I also met some very friendly WSU fans too. Not unlike many fan bases I suppose, but there were some jerks at that game. Anyway let’s have a good game.

2. As far as I can tell our WSU guest appears to be a fine gent. However, WSU played at UNLV a couple of years ago and several of the Cougar fans were drunkenly obnoxious (sitting in an elderly woman’s seat and refusing to leave until security intervened; hollering obscenities which I appreciated sitting with my 9 year old daughter, etc.) I must say that I also met some very friendly WSU fans too. Not unlike many fan bases I suppose, but there were some jerks at that game. Anyway let’s have a good game.

I don't doubt what you say and this is not an attempt to defend our new friend wsufan99 as you are right, all fan bases have good and bad ones. It is just some have more good fans (e.g., Nebraska) and others have more bad ones (can you say drunk skunks?). Anyway, I wonder if you might have ran into some atypical fans at that UNLV game? A lot of people who might not normally travel to an away game might do so if it is Vegas. Vegas in general seems to attract the more rowdy types and I wonder if that is maybe what happened when you went there? Just pure speculation on my part.

1. I attended this game. The bold series is where we lost the game (in my arrogant opinion). We had made a first down running the ball, and I'm thinking "brilliant, keep doing that and we win the game, no problem." Then we throw that stupid fade pass, incomplete, and stop the clock. Stupidly, we tried to pass again and Cupito got sacked, or he was almost sacked and threw a pass that could have easily been picked. Then, stupidly we passed again, a young Decker caught the ball (well short of a first down

Oh dear lord the UNLV game. That game and the Auburn Trip the next year there no words, no words about stupid and out of control those trips became.

The UNLV game, please don't remind me. That was really an embarrassment to WSU fans as a whole, I was so glad to come home. It was basically WSU's first defacto fake bowl game in minds of pretty much everyone that went in 9 years and it brought the idiot fan base that everyone has. WSU took something like 12,000 people to the game. Every flight down from Seattle and Spokane was a damn circus for 2 straight days. The plane I was on ran out of beer and the flight attendants were just about ready to lose their minds. Most other planes ran out of everything, they really did on a 2 and 40 minute flight. No one I knew brought their kids and just went absolutely nuts, thought it was relive the bowl and spring break trip you never had at the same time.

This will be a wayyyyy different WSU crowd as families will be in tow, but WSU fans drink a lot. We fit in well with the folks at Wisconsin when we went there in 2007 lets just say that. It is just the culture of the school being in the middle of no where, its a party school.

WSU is selling tickets faster than they can put them out I guess per the AD on his radio show today. They went on sale to season ticket holders yesterday at 1pm and they had already sold 5000 of the 7000 allotment by 10am today. They don't even go on sale to the general public until tomorrow. They will easily sell 10 or 12,000 I am sure, maybe as many as they can get. 3500 alums live in San Diego alone.

Oh yeah and speaking of the plane issues here it is. The next we drank a bar dry at Auburn out of beer and they had to close at 10pm, I was there it really happened.

http://www.cougcenter.com/2012/9/14/3333232/wsu-vs-unlv-alcohol-flights

http://www.cougcenter.com/2013/8/30/4678272/wsu-coug-cougs-fans-auburn-football-bar-runs-out-of-beer

Oh and one last thing fireball guy from dad's weekend 2012. Was 14 degrees and UCLA was killing us. This video in slow motion is awesome was live on ESPN when they came back from a commercial break.

http://deadspin.com/5959805/the-was...hiskey-at-saturdays-game-deserves-our-acclaim

1. I attended this game. The bold series is where we lost the game (in my arrogant opinion). We had made a first down running the ball, and I'm thinking "brilliant, keep doing that and we win the game, no problem." Then we throw that stupid fade pass, incomplete, and stop the clock. Stupidly, we tried to pass again and Cupito got sacked, or he was almost sacked and threw a pass that could have easily been picked. Then, stupidly we passed again, a young Decker caught the ball (well short of a first down

Oh dear lord the UNLV game. That game and the Auburn Trip the next year there no words, no words about stupid and out of control those trips became.

The UNLV game, please don't remind me. That was really an embarrassment to WSU fans as a whole, I was so glad to come home.

Oh yeah and speaking of the plane issues here it is. The next we drank a bar dry at Auburn out of beer and they had to close at 10pm, I was there it really happened.

http://www.cougcenter.com/2012/9/14/3333232/wsu-vs-unlv-alcohol-flights

http://www.cougcenter.com/2013/8/30/4678272/wsu-coug-cougs-fans-auburn-football-bar-runs-out-of-beer

Oh and one last thing fireball guy from dad's weekend 2012. Was 14 degrees and UCLA was killing us. This video in slow motion is awesome was live on ESPN when they came back from a commercial break.

http://deadspin.com/5959805/the-was...hiskey-at-saturdays-game-deserves-our-acclaim

WSUfan99 - it looks like we saw the same things I did, and thank you for not becoming defensive. My wife, daughter and I have had UNLV season tix since 2001 and for the most part all fan bases have friendly at the games. My unscientific observation is that the WSU, Hawaii and UNR fans have been the most obnoxious.That being said, most fans of those teams have been wonderful guests and fun to sit near at the games. Its usually just a few individuals that can spoil the fun. I hate to say it but Wisconsin has come out here 3 times and I recall no problems at those games. I would certainly drive down to SD for the game if I were not going to be back in Minnesota visiting family.

Top Bottom