***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS VANDY IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
Gophers vs an SEC on a neutral floor. We are going to have to play better than we did the last two games to win this. Reggie has to stay out of foul trouble and we need to find a few guys to hit some outside jumpers. I imagine that the majority of the crowd will be pro-Gopher. Let's get them going early.

GET 'ER DONE PITINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO GOPHERS

Filling in for Dr.Don today is Station19

Where is this game on TV (if any)?

Nothing like going down 10 within 5 minutes...

We're awful at finishing near the basket this season.

1 for 10. 4 turnovers. Gonna be tough to overcome this start...

Just turned the game on and it was 14-2 with almost 8 minutes gone in the half and Bakary was in the game...talk about a flashback to last year. This is a very important game for the Gophers/Coach Pitino...he better find a way to win this.

Lynch has looked horrific the last two games. He needs to figure out his role is to pick, rebound, block shots and dunk. Nothing else. The team has been better with him off the court this game.

I really like Curry in the PF position he really can show off a lot more of his game.

Down 25-24 at half. Not bad considering Mason and Coffey have combined for 0-5 from the field and 2 points. Need these two to establish their offense in the 2nd half if we want to have a chance.

Coffey trying to do too much when it isn't there.

What nursing home did they pull Mac Macausland out of? He is a certified relic.

Grim first ten minutes, but stayed with game plan and are back in it with good D.

Figured out how to get ESPN 3 but I am not a fan.

I have no idea how we convinced Curry to come to Minnesota. We aren't supposed to be able to recruit uber versatile big guys like him, particularly when they are from out of state.

Down 25-24 at half. Not bad considering Mason and Coffey have combined for 0-5 from the field and 2 points. Need these two to establish their offense in the 2nd half if we want to have a chance.

Continued lack of team passing and general teamwork / team play really hurting the offense. The D has played reasonably well so far, at least.

The Gophers inability to finish in the paint in this game is what is keeping them from having a comfortable lead (started watching when they were down 14-2, so I am sure there had to be other reasons they got behind to begin with). There was an especially bad play late in the half where Murphy was given the ball wide open on the baseline about 15 feet from the hoop. He had the option to take the wide open jumper or drive and dish to Lynch who's man would have to pick up the drive. Instead Murphy drove to the other side of the basket and attempted a reverse which was unsuccessful. The lack of court awareness from Murphy this year is something I wasn't prepared for. If he gets the ball, it's still just head down to the rim and try to score...every time.

I'd be very concerned about the rest of the season if the Gophers can't win this game. Lets hope for a good start to the second half and a stress free final five minutes or so.

The lack of court awareness from Murphy this year is something I wasn't prepared for.

Agreed. I was expecting a lot more out of Murphy than what I have seen this season thus far.

The Gophers inability to finish in the paint in this game is what is keeping them from having a comfortable lead (started watching when they were down 14-2, so I am sure there had to be other reasons they got behind to begin with). There was an especially bad play late in the half where Murphy was given the ball wide open on the baseline about 15 feet from the hoop. He had the option to take the wide open jumper or drive and dish to Lynch who's man would have to pick up the drive. Instead Murphy drove to the other side of the basket and attempted a reverse which was unsuccessful. The lack of court awareness from Murphy this year is something I wasn't prepared for. If he gets the ball, it's still just head down to the rim and try to score...every time.

I'd be very concerned about the rest of the season if the Gophers can't win this game. Lets hope for a good start to the second half and a stress free final five minutes or so.

Let's not overstate the case here. Vandy is not a great team, but I'm not willing to write off the season with one loss and I am not willing to declare them NCAA worthy with a win, either. Agreed that they need to finish and Murph is struggling on offense. He doesn't need to score 15 a game for us to compete like he did last year. He seems to be forcing a lot.

Good points about Murphy - he acts like a pup going for the bird - sometimes he doesn't see the D in front of him. Very curious as he should know by now not to force it.

Top Bottom