Recap: Gophers Basketball Press Conference on December 2

Eli Sherman

Reaction score
This morning Coach Pitino, Reggie Lynch, and Akeem Springs met with members of the media for a brief press event.

Coach talked a lot about how the Florida State game was a big learning experience for the team. "At this level those are the teams you have to beat." He also compared the physicality to which they were up against in the match-up to Purdue. Saying that FSU provided a good benchmark for where the physical aspect of the Gophers game is. Mentioning foul trouble as being a hurdle to teaching the young core of players. For example, touching on how Amir Coffey's foul trouble was mostly because of getting caught out of position a few times. Coach is not at all worried at the lack of TV coverage the Gophers are getting. Much more focused on the game against Vanderbilt in Sioux Falls where he expects an energetic environment and interesting neutral site test.

Reggie Lynch said his ankle is on the right path to recovery and that he won't blame the FSU loss on it. He felt like there was more that could have went better in the game than just being healthy. When asked about what the strongest aspect of his game was right now he responded "most would say my shot blocking. I think I'm still leading the Big Ten, but I think I have also been very efficient"

Akeem Springs said he enjoys being a spark of the bench for the team and has transitioned into a leadership role. Mentoring the younger guys down the stretch in tough games and environments. Akeem also said he doesn't think he takes too many threes and is just taking what the game gives him. If shots are open he is going to take them especially having a hot hand as of late.

Thanks Eli. I hope the last two games are out of our guys' system. We need to find our rhythm tomorrow night and come out with a W.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom