GOPHERS VOLLEYBALL NCAA TOURNAMENT THREAD

Hollinsanity

Reaction score
Tomorrow evening the Gophers Volleyball team kicks off their NCAA Tournament quest for back-to-back Final Four appearances as the # 2 overall seed. They play North Dakota at 7 PM at the Pav and if they win will play the winner of USC and Hawaii on Saturday night.

I know this is the football forum, but this team is so darn good they deserve there own thread here during a semi-quiet break before bowl season. Plus I'd love to hear analysis from everyone, as only 2-3 people seem to post in the Other Sports forum. I know some of the football posters out there are secretly die-hard volleyball fans, and probably have some elite volleyball takes.

CC to the moderators: Please let this thread stay as I think it will be a success! Those who are not interested can simply ignore.

I will be there Saturday night. Was fun to watch their last 2 matches on TV.

I have enjoyed this program over the past few years. Hugh is a quality coach and I have heard him talk about how important it is that his players have an excellent competitive experience. He has taken his teams internationally to promote their skills, bonding and fun. I was really impressed with his balanced approach to coaching. This years team is senior laden and have the ability to win the Natty. The big ten was by far the best conference so they are battle tested. Go Gophers !

Top Bottom