HELP! Pop-ups on Gopherhole

tjgopher

Reaction score
Ok, quick question....and if someone has some advice, please let me know. Administrators, if you have guidance, please let me know.

Over the past month or so, when I log onto Gopherhole, the amount of popup ads, videos, etc. has been crazy annoying and gets to the point where it takes minutes at a time to load a thread. I have a laptop where this isn't the case on any other site I frequent. It never used to do this on Gopherhole. It is to the point where I simply quit browsing the site out of frustration.

Sorry for the intrusion on the webpage.

I have this issue when using my phone. It always takes me away from the page to download some app...

My iPad drops the site frequently to go to something else and I have to set everything back up to search the site
This only happens on that device not my phone or others.

Firefox has an add-on called uBlock is a great ad block feature. Just need to turn it on.

Also you can go into your privacy options and for history select 'Use custom settings for history' and check 'Always use private browsing window'. You lose your history when you exit Firefox though.

Ok, quick question....and if someone has some advice, please let me know. Administrators, if you have guidance, please let me know.

Over the past month or so, when I log onto Gopherhole, the amount of popup ads, videos, etc. has been crazy annoying and gets to the point where it takes minutes at a time to load a thread. I have a laptop where this isn't the case on any other site I frequent. It never used to do this on Gopherhole. It is to the point where I simply quit browsing the site out of frustration.

Sorry for the intrusion on the webpage.

There shouldn't be popups, we will look into this. We recommend clearing your cache as wel.

The WatchESPN ad at the bottom of my screen is continually crashing my 12 month old computer today.
I will say one more time, this is the only website I ever encounter that sometimes crashes my browser and occasionally attempts to give it viruses.

The WatchESPN ad at the bottom of my screen is continually crashing my 12 month old computer today.
I will say one more time, this is the only website I ever encounter that sometimes crashes my browser and occasionally attempts to give it viruses.

We got this shut down a few days ago.

Top Bottom