Vote with your feet

That again brings up the age-old question: Would you rather go to TCF to see the Gophers win (most likely against a lesser opponent), or go to see good teams (who will most likely beat us)? I would rather see a win. Therefore seeing Illinois, Rutgers, Purdue at TCF doesn't bother me.

Yeah it is always a balance. I get the "oh woe is our schedule" but those same folks don't give you any credit / come to the games if you lose those games....

As per usual I will be draped in my maroon and gold standing and cheering. I just hope we have more weather games. Love the rain and snow. Would love to pummel the skunk fans with snowballs.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have seats in the higher increase area and I am conflicted. I enjoy most aspects of college football but have been going to games since I was a kid and want to win. I am less interested in moral victories and mediocre seasons.

We have seats in the higher increase area and I am conflicted. I enjoy most aspects of college football but have been going to games since I was a kid and want to win. I am less interested in moral victories and mediocre seasons.

I prefer moral victories and mediocre seasons to game wins and championships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that the student attendance has been pretty fair the last 3 years, but would like to see their sections consistently / completely full.

I have a daughter who is currently a senior, and she has had a season ticket for 4 years, and it is a pretty good value. But with what it does cost to attend the U full time, I'm sure it may still be a reach at times for some.

With the desire to increase student involvement, would it be a HUGE deal to make student tickets free for the first 5000 that show up at the gate on game day? Heck, throw in a hot dog and pop too.

So, people are quitting after an 8 win season? Makes sense.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

I think that the student attendance has been pretty fair the last 3 years, but would like to see their sections consistently / completely full.

I have a daughter who is currently a senior, and she has had a season ticket for 4 years, and it is a pretty good value. But with what it does cost to attend the U full time, I'm sure it may still be a reach at times for some.

With the desire to increase student involvement, would it be a HUGE deal to make student tickets free for the first 5000 that show up at the gate on game day? Heck, throw in a hot dog and pop too.

I think they should sell a set number of seats for about half the student section for a minimal amount ($5/game for season tix). They are guaranteed to get into the game and are able to get 1.5 hours before game time. All other student seats are open to all UofM or high school students free charge first come as tickets are available

I think they should sell a set number of seats for about half the student section for a minimal amount ($5/game for season tix). They are guaranteed to get into the game and are able to get 1.5 hours before game time. All other student seats are open to all UofM or high school students free charge first come as tickets are available

I remember when I was a Junior at the U ( 96-97 abouts) there was a buy 1 Student Season ticket for $25 and get one free. The problem was all my friends already had tickets and everyone lese wanted stay around campus and party instead of taking a bus to the Dome.

I remember when I was a Junior at the U ( 96-97 abouts) there was a buy 1 Student Season ticket for $25 and get one free. The problem was all my friends already had tickets and everyone lese wanted stay around campus and party instead of taking a bus to the Dome.

Yeah I think even with the stadium on campus... $ isn't the issue. Entertainment value (Ws) is.

I think all non-conference games should be free for students and then they can decide whether to buy student season tickets for the B1G slate. I'd make student season tickets dirt cheap. This would be a good way to encourage students, especially freshmen, to experience Gopher football who might not otherwise plus it would be a great way to get butts into what would otherwise be a lot of empty seats.

People value things based on their price. Things given away are deemed worthless.

People value things based on their price. Things given away are deemed worthless.

That's a legit problem that some sports teams have hit. They drop prices to hopefully fill the stands (by the way it doesn't usually work as easily as folks think it will) but then when the team improves they raise the prices, folks then don't want to go because the perceived value of the tickets is now lower....

By dropping prices you can actually walk your way backwards into the same price increase issues we already saw with the gophers.

So, people are quitting after an 8 win season? Makes sense.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

A mediocre 8 win season.

Well I am not sure if they care about the product anymore. Hence them dropping the tickets.
My group has fluctuated between 4-up to 14 at the high water year. A few dropped out due to moving over the years. The five that dropped had already told me they had been thinking of it during the season. They just happened to tell me in the last 24 hours.

People aren't going to continue buying a product they don't like for the money though

Sad folks you guys. Sad.

They should be really proud of their support of the program. Starving an entity of money and interest is how you help it to get better.
Many economists would argue that the market is exactly what makes companies better.

If Tracy Claeys is the football coach I have decided to not attend any more gophers football games. He is a mediocre coach on the field and he is leading a program that is falling apart.

I support the U of M Golden Gophers. I always have. That support is deeper than who is the current coach or AD or Pres. sometimes it's hard, for sure. But to all those fans saying they will boycott / not support the U or the team, fcuk off.

I support the U. I spend a lot on hockey, and am interested to see what the basketball team does this year even though I'm unlikely to ever pay to watch any basketball game that isn't a final or something.

I don't support the current state of the football program. I won't be giving them any money. Doesn't make me any less of a Gopher.

I support the U. I spend a lot on hockey, and am interested to see what the basketball team does this year even though I'm unlikely to ever pay to watch any basketball game that isn't a final or something.

I don't support the current state of the football program. I won't be giving them any money. Doesn't make me any less of a Gopher.
I'd argue it makes you a better gopher

Many economists would argue that the market is exactly what makes companies better.

If Tracy Claeys is the football coach I have decided to not attend any more gophers football games. He is a mediocre coach on the field and he is leading a program that is falling apart.

Good for you. Don't come. We don't need you. Here's your cookie and feel free to stop posting here as well.

The more ya'll leave, the better the ticket prices and seating options will become. Thanks for providing me more options.
SKI-U-MAH

The more ya'll leave, the better the ticket prices and seating options will become. Thanks for providing me more options.
SKI-U-MAH

that is not correct- - ticket prices are not based on demand-- the demand has gone down but the prices haven't. If the U of M athletic department pricing was based on supply and demand like a private business you would see it. The secondary market on the other hand dictates actual pricing

Why would I stop posting here?

Where is my cookie?

Because it is really odd and silly to come to a Gopher FB message board to tell people how you are not going to support the team. I don't go to Walmart to tell them I prefer to shop at target, I just don't go to Walmart. Logical.

If everyone agreed on everything message boards would be, for lack of better words, a massive circle j**k. It's good to be able to discuss the play on the field and argue now and then.

Unfortunately, not much to talk about on the field with this program, and it's good to have voices that represent how a chunk of the fanbase (those that probably buy lots of tickets but don't take the time to post on here) feels.

that is not correct- - ticket prices are not based on demand-- the demand has gone down but the prices haven't. If the U of M athletic department pricing was based on supply and demand like a private business you would see it. The secondary market on the other hand dictates actual pricing
They go down as the loss of revenue drops. Plus scalped tickets will go for cheap.
But perhaps you are correct and the athletic department just doesn't want any revenue.

I support the U of M Golden Gophers. I always have. That support is deeper than who is the current coach or AD or Pres. sometimes it's hard, for sure. But to all those fans saying they will boycott / not support the U or the team, fcuk off.

Is the support also deeper than the players? The same players who were threatening to not play a game just days ago until all their teammates were reinstated for sexual misconduct and/or lying. However, the fans are suppose to blindly show up and donate funds? These guys wanted to take their ball and go home. Strange how they changed their opinion once they saw what their so called teammates did, which was not information that they were entitled to per their agreement with the U.

Unlike religion, this is not a one way street.

Is the support also deeper than the players? The same players who were threatening to not play a game just days ago until all their teammates were reinstated for sexual misconduct and/or lying. :confused:

Rewriting history is more successful once people's memories start to fade.

Sadly for you, it's only been a week.

Good for you. Don't come. We don't need you. Here's your cookie and feel free to stop posting here as well.

There is that "we" thing again. And the dolly driving fans away cuz he disagrees with them.

Classy dolly.

Who is we?

Top Bottom