Vote with your feet

With all due respect, there is a hint of arrogance for people to come on a Gopher Fan board and announce they are dropping their tickets and won't support the program anymore.

yes, the program is going through a difficult time. one could argue that this current situation is precisely when (for lack of a better phrase) "real fans" need to continue to support the program. Tough times don't last. I will continue to root for the Gophers. If I was truly fed up with the program, I would just stop posting here. I don't feel the need to demonstrate my moral superiority.

With all due respect, there is a hint of arrogance for people to come on a Gopher Fan board and announce they are dropping their tickets and won't support the program anymore.

yes, the program is going through a difficult time. one could argue that this current situation is precisely when (for lack of a better phrase) "real fans" need to continue to support the program. Tough times don't last. I will continue to root for the Gophers. If I was truly fed up with the program, I would just stop posting here. I don't feel the need to demonstrate my moral superiority.
Never said I'd stop supporting the program.
Never said I don't care about the program.

I am doing the only thing I can possibly do to try to initiate change that I think will be good for the program.
I am broadcasting my effort to make things change in hopes others might do the same.

The market is what may drive the BOR and or the administration to make changes necessary to give the program a chance at success.

Because it is really odd and silly to come to a Gopher FB message board to tell people how you are not going to support the team. I don't go to Walmart to tell them I prefer to shop at target, I just don't go to Walmart. Logical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Me dropping my tickets is probably better for the program

This is really a ridiculous analogy. I hate Wisconsin.
I hate Iowa. I am indifferent to the rest of the big ten.

I love football and I love the u of m. What can I do as a fan to try to make the program better? In my opinion the best way I can promote positive change is by sending a message with my investment and with my attendance.

I have been to 26 games the past 4 seasons. I've been to 158 since 1992.

Maybe my lack of support isn't why gopher football loses?

Me dropping my tickets is probably better for the program

I wouldn't say that. I get your point, but the program isn't better off or worse off. It really doesn't matter.

Never said I'd stop supporting the program.
Never said I don't care about the program.

I am doing the only thing I can possibly do to try to initiate change that I think will be good for the program.
I am broadcasting my effort to make things change in hopes others might do the same.

The market is what may drive the BOR and or the administration to make changes necessary to give the program a chance at success.

No you are not.
No you are not.

Hardly.
Doubt it.

BoR will take action, just not that way. Go look at the quote from the BoR Chair. Not a real supportive comment for Kaler or the Student Conduct process. He did give the team a shout out for raising their hands though.

No you are not.
No you are not.

Hardly.
Doubt it.

BoR will take action, just not that way. Go look at the quote from the BoR Chair. Not a real supportive comment for Kaler or the Student Conduct process. He did give the team a shout out for raising their hands though.

I'll still support the team. Will not attend another game with TC as the coach.

I wouldn't say that. I get your point, but the program isn't better off or worse off. It really doesn't matter.

Well, if it matters it matters. And if it doesn't it doesn't.

Me not supporting a mediocre coach doesn't make me less of a fan than someone who supports that same mediocre coach.

Me not supporting a mediocre coach doesn't make me less of a fan than someone who supports that same mediocre coach.

Agreed. There are a whole bunch of things that make you less of a fan and we should focus on those. Just don't go to Walmart.

That's exactly what it makes you, actually.

And how is he "mediocre"? Because you say so?

That's not true. Claeys is a dud and not supporting him is not equivalent to not supporting the program. It's ok to disagree with decisions made regarding personnel and still be full-fledged.

Claeys is less than mediocre because of his multiple in-game fundamental gaffes, his poor recruiting, his weak resume, his lack of significant fan and media support, and his complete dearth of charisma and presence.

That's not true. Claeys is a dud and not supporting him is not equivalent to not supporting the program. It's ok to disagree with decisions made regarding personnel and still be full-fledged.

Claeys is less than mediocre because of his multiple in-game fundamental gaffes, <b>his poor recruiting, </b>his weak resume, his lack of significant fan and media support, and his complete dearth of charisma and presence.

TC has only had 1 recruiting class sign so far and by all accounts it was our best in many years.

Claeys is less than mediocre because of his multiple in-game fundamental gaffes, his poor recruiting, his weak resume, his lack of significant fan and media support, and his complete dearth of charisma and presence.

Almost none of these things matter to any thinking person, unless of course they have an agenda. The only one that matters is the alleged "poor recruiting", and he hasn't even put a full recruiting class on the field yet in order to make that assessment.

Almost none of these things matter to any thinking person, unless of course they have an agenda. The only one that matters is the alleged "poor recruiting", and he hasn't even put a full recruiting class on the field yet in order to make that assessment.

Of course they matter. But even if you disagree there's no need to be dismissive. Take recruiting out of the equation and there is still enough material for people to have cogent arguments about why they prefer a change.

Of course they matter. But even if you disagree there's no need to be dismissive. Take recruiting out of the equation and there is still enough material for people to have cogent arguments about why they prefer a change.

Yes, a "cogent argument" of unimportant, immaterial nonsense.

Yes, a "cogent argument" of unimportant, immaterial nonsense.

Without stooping, I'll just say I disagree about what is unimportant when evaluating whether to make a coaching change. The boneheaded in-game decisions matter. The lack of preparation and in-game adjustments matter. The lack of support from general fans and media matters. The dearth of passion from MN residents matters. Unfortunately, and though it's not his fault, the current circumstances surrounding the team matter.

Many of us support the Gophers fully but would prefer to see the team move in a different direction after having a few season sample of Claeys and considering the existing situation.

Go Gophers.

Without stooping, I'll just say I disagree about what is unimportant when evaluating whether to make a coaching change. The boneheaded in-game decisions matter. The lack of preparation and in-game adjustments matter. The lack of support from general fans and media matters. The dearth of passion from MN residents matters. Unfortunately, and though it's not his fault, the current circumstances surrounding the team matter.

Many of us support the Gophers fully but would prefer to see the team move in a different direction after having a few season sample of Claeys and considering the existing situation.

Go Gophers.

One full season is not a "few season sample". And what is the "existing situation"? A winning Big Ten record? How many of those have we had in the last 49 years?

One full season is not a "few season sample". And what is the "existing situation"? A winning Big Ten record? How many of those have we had in the last 49 years?

One full and one partial and plenty of time to get to know the man in the years prior. Nobody was going to make Claeys a head coach of we didn't, and if he were released today the market for his skill set would be bare from a head coaching perspective.

The existing situation is the spectrum of reasons questioning his ability is valid combined with the state of a program plagued by a scandal.

It's fine to enjoy the season but you're reaching if you feel confident about our ability to win meaningful games in the future. We won none this year and basically played chalk all season.

He is mediocre because I think he is mediocre. So I no longer am attending games until there is a new coach.

Why do I need to keep typing this? Can you read?

You are entitled to disageee with my analysis of the coach. Just as I am entitled to think he is a bad game manager and mediocre coach.

Not very many. How many big ten seasons has beating Illinois, Purdue, Northwestern, Rutgers, and Maryland been enough to have a winning big ten record?

Not all thing are created equal.

I'd love to be wrong about TC. But I'm done with going to games until he is no longer the coach. I'd probably change my mind if he gave me a reason to.

Top Bottom