Looking at 2017 schedule

TC goes for and gets two pointer. Dagger. As pointed out earlier...but for that over the top performance from Armstrong in the preceding series. Arguably his best overall game performance of the year.

You can't extrapolate if's when judging the season and the program. Just judge what occurred.

Well, since TC is a 1st year HC, and Riley has been one for what...15 years, I would hope he's won a lot more games. What a stupid ass statement.

Oh and grammar and punctuation must be really overrated for you.

Again, Stating Nebraska has more talented players than the Gophs just confirms you have a firm grasp of the obvious.
The point was trying to be made that we are close to Nebraska because the game was close. I am saying we are not that close to Nebraska.

I never compared Riley's win total to Claeys' that was you twisting my words. I was stating Riley has proven he has won a lot of games. TC has not.

Then you went the punctuation and grammar. The argument used when the other guy is right.

This kind of thread is what sets us up for disappointment. We do this every season. We look at the schedule and presume we'll end up better than we do. Heck, even this current season a lot of individuals thought we would do better than we did. As a Gopher fan I seldom try and figure out a win/loss record prior to the season because it gets your hopes/expectations up and then as the season progresses you discover the team never does as well as you thought they would.

You can't extrapolate if's when judging the season and the program. Just judge what occurred.

Gotcha, the troll makes the rules. Hey everybody, troll says no more speculating or Monday morning quarterbacking here on the team. Carry on.

Well I think we have better talent than Oregon State but that was a tied game with less than 2 minutes. Didn't we need a last second fg to be the sh-ttest team in the B1G? So we played Nebraska close doesn't disprove that they have more talent and better coaching. We are much better than orst and rutgers but those game were very close.

We went punt punt punt int in the second half against Nebraska. Put up less than 100 yards of total offense in the half. I am going to go with thier defense was having thier way with us.

Fact Nebraska has more talent than us. Do you want to debate that?
Mike Riley has won a lot more game than Tracy Claeys and at a school where it is more difficult to win than Minnesota. Any issues with this?

I twisted these words...? Hmmm.

Gotcha, the troll makes the rules. Hey everybody, troll says no more speculating or Monday morning quarterbacking here on the team. Carry on.
Speculate all you want but thinking for some reason we are going to be better than Nebraska next year is pure silliness.

No. We will not start 8-0.

Speculate all you want but thinking for some reason we are going to be better than Nebraska next year is pure silliness.

Just like it would've been silly to think that Indiana or Maryland would be better than Michigan St. this year, right?

What are tomorrow's Powerball numbers, since you can see the future?

Guess that's why they play the games there sport. Let's see, Gophs beat them 2 out the last 4 years, and were in a position to make it 3 of 4 in this year's game. Giving you the obvious point that they recruit higher level talent, it mus be the coaching.

And by "we" you mean Wisconsin.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk.

The point was trying to be made that we are close to Nebraska because the game was close. I am saying we are not that close to Nebraska.

I never compared Riley's win total to Claeys' that was you twisting my words. I was stating Riley has proven he has won a lot of games. TC has not.

Then you went the punctuation and grammar. The argument used when the other guy is right.

The biggest issue with your argument is this, for you close wins = losses and close losses = losses.

It's idiotic.

Not my work but makes my point. I mean the top 7 teams in recruiting finished in the top 7 in the standings on average.

So lets take a look at B1G recruiting rankings and compare them to the B1G standings since 2011. I did not include Rutgers or Maryland since they have only been in the B1G half of this time period.

B1G Recruiting Rank 2011-2016 (Rivals) - Average

Ohio St 1.00
Michigan 3.50
Nebraska 3.67
Michigan St.3.83
Penn St. 4.33
Wisconsin 6.67
Iowa 7.33
Illinois 8.83
Indiana 9.33
Northwestern9.50
Minnesota 9.83
Purdue 10.17

B1G Standings - 2011-2016

Ohio St 2.83
Michigan St.3.83
Wisconsin 4.00
Michigan 5.00
Nebraska 5.17
Penn St. 5.17
Iowa 5.50
Northwestern7.50
Minnesota 7.83
Indiana 10.00
Illinois 10.17
Purdue 10.50

As always there is a very good correlation between the recruiting ranking and average B1G finish. This staff has coached up these players firmly above the Illinois, Indiana, Purdue level, but that's about it.

The biggest issue with your argument is this, for you close wins = losses and close losses = losses.

It's idiotic.
No my argument is: A close lost to Nebraska doesn't mean we are close to program wise. Just like close loses by Oregon State and Rutgers to us does NOT mean they are close to us on a program level.

Top Bottom