Doogie: Still believe that the 2017 starting QB isn't currently on the roster.

When you're trying to extract how well a guy will play against D1, upper-tier competition, you absolutely can be skeptical about a few games against teams that may lose by 60 to Indiana State, who gave up 4 TDs to Mitch.

Yes, he's playing with lesser talent on his side than he will if he bumps up a level, but I'm concerned if he's around 50% against decent JC competition.

Yep, tried to make the same point. Some seem to have missed the premise of the thread...that the starter is not yet on the roster. Don't have any problem bringing him in, he seems very average playing for the equivalent of Anoka-Ramsey against pretty lousy competition, as has been stated in earlier posts. Nothing about him screams Gophs next starting QB.

Why would you have this theory without doing any research? Just a hunch?

So are you asking who, besides the the top rated JuCo QBs have led P5 teams to wins over the last few years?

Jack Hubenak played quite a bit at A&M last year.
Troy Williams had a really nice year at Utah
Jacob Park at Iowa State
Stephen Johnson had a really nice year at Kentucky
Richard Lagow was decent at Indiana

Those are just from the last couple of years.

Because it's easier to make an unsubstantiated claim and rely on the passion of other Gopherholers to prove me right or wrong.

First year starter, guys.

I'm not making an argument that he's going to set the world on fire but if you're looking solely at completion percentage that's a mistake IMO. His YPA and TD to int #s per drop back are just fine. Some of the things he did on his hudl, to me, are signs of good instincts.

Both Green and Croft had worse stats coming out of high school, if memory serves. Green in particular was rated on potential and he never lived up to it at that level, so Oregon backed off. Streveler, Perra, and Rhoda are gone or going. So here we are, talking about Ta'amu.

Green as JR QB at East Ridge:

55% passing, AVG per game: 160 yards passing (20 TD), 50 yards rushing (5.1 YPC, 5 TD)

Aaron Rodgers had little to no interest even as a JUCO. Obviously there are other guys like Newton that were more heavily recruited out of high school rather than being a late bloomer.

Rodgers was small out of high school, so it makes sense nobody recruited him.

Breaking: Malik Zaire expected to get release Wednesday; four schools running out front for the grad transfer

Article says Wisconsin and Michigan State in the mix. Pittsburgh and Florida other two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Breaking: Malik Zaire expected to get release Wednesday; four schools running out front for the grad transfer

Doogie says Wisconsin and Michigan State in the mix.

plz

Article says Wisconsin and Michigan State in the mix. Pittsburgh and Florida other two.

wouldn't Thomas Sirk be a little more likely? just got his extra year. unclear if Duke would want him as a starter or backup

Where is Luther Darville when you need him.

Need a bagman with cash. Bet Wisconsin and Michigan State already have their offers in place. Cash in a bag that is not traceable. This is mostly tongue and cheek after reading the cheating article. Seems like a lot of programs are cheating these days.

NOOOOOOOOOO

Outside of the top rated Juco qb, can anyone name one Juco qb that led a P5 school to big wins? An under recruited Juco does nothing for me at this position.

Also, they better go find a WR as well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Jake Waters K-State

Need a bagman with cash. Bet Wisconsin and Michigan State already have their offers in place. Cash in a bag that is not traceable. This is mostly tongue and cheek after reading the cheating article. Seems like a lot of programs are cheating these days.

Venmo. Much easier. Never even have to be face to face.

Outside of the top rated Juco qb, can anyone name one Juco qb that led a P5 school to big wins? An under recruited Juco does nothing for me at this position.

Aaron Rogers, Josh Heupel and Cam Newton

and although not a qb, a murderous running back named OJ was a JUCO

Aaron Rogers, Josh Heupel and Cam Newton

and although not a qb, a murderous running back named OJ was a JUCO

Virginia Tech has a 1st year JC who led them to 9-3 this year and division title
Memphis is 8-4 with JC
Auburn has a JC who did not win the job
Indiana is bowl eligible with a JC
Iowa State used a So JC transfer this year with the new coach
Utah is 8-4 with JC QB this year
Kentucky is 7-5 with JC QB this year

Those were 2016 top JC QB's. Some went to lesser schools

So here is my question: If this guy is wide open to the field recruiting wise with limited offers and he is the number one rated JC QB, and we are telling our #2 guy we don't need him because he can't run, and our next two guys in line are questionable in the eyes of the coaches, and our waterbug 5th guy is little and can't pass, so coaches are saying he's a wide receiver if he can catch... WHY, would we slow play this guy and not offer him a scholarship? We obviously need another guy to compete for the job. Why let other schools get the inside track? Anybody wants to feel wanted...don't tell him, show him! It's December! You should have a dang decision made before this what you are doing with your quarterback situation. You can't enter the spring season with just two viable candidates. Makes no sense to me how they are handling the QB situation.

We should be in the mix. How many times has Wisconsin does this?

So here is my question: If this guy is wide open to the field recruiting wise with limited offers and he is the number one rated JC QB, and we are telling our #2 guy we don't need him because he can't run, and our next two guys in line are questionable in the eyes of the coaches, and our waterbug 5th guy is little and can't pass, so coaches are saying he's a wide receiver if he can catch... WHY, would we slow play this guy and not offer him a scholarship? We obviously need another guy to compete for the job. Why let other schools get the inside track? Anybody wants to feel wanted...don't tell him, show him! It's December! You should have a dang decision made before this what you are doing with your quarterback situation. You can't enter the spring season with just two viable candidates. Makes no sense to me how they are handling the QB situation.

Perhaps unlike some schools, we're not big on revoking scholarships late if we see someone else we like at another position and want to use that?

I mean I like to think we wouldn't do that....

Also, they better go find a WR as well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Michael Bishop was a runner-up for the Heisman as a dual-threat QB at Kansas State in late '90s, when Bill Snyder went big-time into JC ranks. Was 22-3 as starter at KSU (11-1, 11-2 seasons).

Not gaining weight is a big part of it supposedly. They want a runner that can get tough yards and Croft @ 200 lbs soaking wet with rocks in his pockets isn't ideal. They think Green is the future but needs another year, so they're trying to get an upgrade over Demry for 2017. This is all from a reliable source but I'm 4th or so on the information chain, so take it all with a big grain of salt.

Don't care what his weight is, I want the guy who can throw the most accurate passes as our QB. It'd be nice to have someone who can toss it for once instead of some stiff who can't throw for $hit but can rumble for 4-5 yards.

Doogie: Still believe that the 2017 starting QB isn't currently on the roster.

Why should we care what Rashad Still thinks about the quarterback situation.

Don't care what his weight is, I want the guy who can throw the most accurate passes as our QB. It'd be nice to have someone who can toss it for once instead of some stiff who can't throw for $hit but can rumble for 4-5 yards.

Amazingly, that "stiff" who "can't throw for $hit" has somehow managed to complete 56.4% of his passes this year.

Amazingly, that "stiff" who "can't throw for $hit" has somehow managed to complete 56.4% of his passes this year.

The line between horse **** qb and great seems to be razor thin at times.

Top Bottom