Gopher Volleyball 2016: NCAA Tournament

My guess is they will start it on ESPN3 if a game goes late.

I wouldn't call myself a big volleyball fan but have really enjoyed watching this team play.

I grew up watching my older sisters play so I was burned out at the time. I have started to enjoy watching it again though, it's one sport that doesn't seem drastically different from men's to women's as far as strategy goes. It doesn't hurt that some of these women are drop dead gorgeous too.

In the first B1G/Pac 12 battle, Nebraska made short work of Washington 16, 10, 21. Next up: Stanford at Wisconsin.

In the first B1G/Pac 12 battle, Nebraska made short work of Washington 16, 10, 21. Next up: Stanford at Wisconsin.

Cardinal force a 4th set 25-21. Wisconsin won the first two 25-18, 26-24.

Side note from DII: Concordia hammered Alaska-Anchorage 19, 12, 12 for their 8th title.

Stanford wins the last 3 to upset Wisconsin in Madison.

18-25, 24-26, 25-21, 25-21, 15-9.

Was hoping Badgers would win set 5, don't want to face Stanford again if the Gophers win tonight.

Ummmm I must be bad luck again ugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone got a stream? I don't get ESPNU

Nerve racking 1st set. Now the Gophers are awake- Go Gophers !!. I would rather face Stanford than TX/ NB. In the end it does not matter they need to get by UCLA and then play their best matches in Columbus.

Cruising so far in set 2. Up 16-9 UCLA takes a TO. Gophers out blocking UCLA 8-1.

Not so sure I'd want to be on the defensive side of some of those spikes...that ball is streaking!

A long determined comeback in set one is a great way to get the crowd into the match. Back to back great seasons at the Pav.

I missed the end of Badger/Stanford since we were headed to the Gopher match; but if Wisconsin can take two off the Cardinal then the Gophers can take three (forget about last August I say).

Not so sure I'd want to be on the defensive side of some of those spikes...that ball is streaking!
The kill that ended the match hit one of the UCLA players square in the face. I hope she didn't get a broken nose out of the deal.

Most fun team to watch in town right now in my opinion. Next weekend will be fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huge congratulations to coach McCutcheon and the rest of the ladies! Didn't get a chance to see the match vs. UCLA, but I had complete confidence in the team to get it done. Good luck in Columbus next week! :clap::clap::clap:

Top Bottom