STrib: Gophers walk-on Blake Cashman confident entering Saturday's border battle

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Joe:

Blake Cashman has a quote on his Twitter page that says, “Don’t tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon.”

It’s an old country music lyric that Cashman found when researching NBA star Paul George. The words resonate for Cashman, a sophomore from Eden Prairie who just went from obscure walk-on to Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week.

“I feel like I’m someone who always grinds through tough times and understands that hard work pays off,” Cashman said.

If he needed a reminder, he got it last month from Ryan Connelly, another walk-on linebacker from Eden Prairie who earned his own Big Ten Player of the Week honor for Wisconsin.

On Saturday, these two dreamers will be at Camp Randall Stadium, battling for Paul Bunyan’s Axe. The Gophers are 15-point underdogs who’ve lost a dozen straight games to Wisconsin and haven’t won in Madison since 1994, two years before Cashman was born.

http://www.startribune.com/former-g...-entering-saturday-s-border-battle/403070796/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom