Dumb, but serious, question

#93fanclub

Reaction score
I have been a crazed Gopher fan for over 40 years. When I say crazed, I mean it can be like floating above my body looking down at that old guy spewing a stream of expletives at targeting-obsessed referees crazed. So, I spent the Nebraska game at the "sports theater" that is closest to my near-campus summer home. I don't have BTN, so I have been frequenting this venue out of convenience. I don't drink anymore so I spend money on food to justify me being there for 3 hours. I don't like the fact that they have other games on the screens and that more than half the folks there don't seem to know my squad is even playing. So it was as the Gophers were driving the field late in the game for what should have been the game-tying TD. I must have had one of my out of body experiences as when I came to after yelling Go!!!! at the top of my lungs, half the bar was staring at me in disbelief. So, to my question.

Is there currently a true Gopher bar at or near campus? Yes, I know, I'm asking you to do my research for me. I'd like to go to one where, if a wandering Michigan fan, for example, comes in and asks the bartender to switch one of the screens to the Michigan game he would be told to eff off and get the hell out. I'd like to spend $25 bucks or so for the privilege of watching the Gophers with a crowd that really cares whether they win or lose. I don't want to be interrupted by servers offering me a free beer because I'm at the bar during a Wild game. I only care about the Gophers and I don't want to be the only one yelling when Shannon Brooks breaks a defender's ankles. Sally's is ok, but on more than one occasion I have sweat bullets as kickoff approaches wondering if they were going to switch off the underwater rhythmic gymnastics. Thank you for your consideration.

Sally's and Stub's are always fantastic on campus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom