Streveler Named MVFC Newcomer of Year

mkAz

Reaction score
"University of South Dakota junior quarterback Chris Streveler (Crystal Lake, Ill.) has been named Missouri Valley Football Conference Newcomer of the Year as voted on by conference coaches, media and sports information directors. It is the first time a Coyote has received the honor in five seasons in the Valley.

Streveler started and competed in 10 games for South Dakota, less than a year after completing his degree in kinesiology at University of Minnesota. He completed 164 of 273 passes for 1,947 yards, and ran 161 times for 823 yards. He passed for 22 touchdowns and ran for nine more, ranking him sixth nationally in points responsible for. His five 100-yard rushing efforts are one more than what USD totaled at the position in the prior 10 seasons combined.

Streveler finished the regular season as the Valley's third-leading rusher and sixth-leading passer in terms of yards per game. Twice he threw four touchdown passes in a single game. He accounted for six touchdowns in South Dakota's double-overtime win against Weber State during non-conference play early in the season. He threw two touchdown passes in all six MVFC games he completed."

http://www.goyotes.com/news/2016/11/23/football-streveler-named-mvfc-newcomer-of-the-year.aspx

He completed 60% at 7.13 ypa, ran at 5.23 ypc. Not bad for a QB that most posters here thought had no ability through the air. Not eye-popping numbers but fair to say he does not have power 5 level receivers either. I had a bit of a man-crush on Strev, wished he would have stuck around but really happy for his success at USD.

Very cool. Great for him but wish he was still here. He could have provided a change of pace or spark this season

He completed 60% at 7.13 ypa, ran at 5.23 ypc. Not bad for a QB that most posters here thought had no ability through the air. Not eye-popping numbers but fair to say he does not have power 5 level receivers either. I had a bit of a man-crush on Strev, wished he would have stuck around but really happy for his success at USD.

I was able to watch a few USD games this year and he's a good QB at that level. His arm strength is still weak, and thrived when he threw quick, short passes. I think he would still struggle as a FBS QB.

Top Bottom