Coach Tracy Claeys says Gophers defense needs to hold Badgers to about 14 points

Claeys has my support and I hope he succeeds, but he's strangely specific with the media at times. (e.g. we should win 8-10 games this year, we need to hold skunks to 14).

If we hold them to 14 and still lose, I will demand TC be fired for saying this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, that, and how he stands on the sideline. And his weight.

hold the Badgers to fourteen points?

Do I:
a) drink the Kool-aid?
b) say "good luck with all that then?"

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I think Claeys gets a pass from most on his physical and personal attributes if he beats one of PSU or Iowa. If he's a master of X's and O'S, has the team playing well nobody cares if he's a bit rotund. If he beats Wisconsin, well, he'll be a hero. Fail to over perform, or lose to Wisky (particularly in a listless or sloppy performance) and some people will point out his negative qualities (for a coach).

How many people have pointed out Mase's attitude issues, or Brewster's slime? People key in on personal attributes as it bolsters their opinion of job performance. There's always a bit of truth, and he wouldn't need a defense if he were over-performing.

hold the Badgers to fourteen points?

Do I:
a) drink the Kool-aid?
b) say "good luck with all that then?"

Their defense has given up 14 or few points in 7 of 11 games this season.

Their defense has given up 14 or few points in 7 of 11 games this season.
So it's "good luck with all that then." When bad Mitch shows up we could have a pick six and then the defense has to hold them to one TD. Good luck with all that.

Top Bottom