ESPN Bowl Projections (Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl: Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

The latest projections:

College Football Playoff: Ohio State

Rose Bowl Game presented by Northwestern Mutual: Wisconsin

Capital One Orange Bowl: Michigan

Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic: Penn State

Outback Bowl: Nebraska

Holiday Bowl: Iowa

Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl: Minnesota

New Era Pinstripe Bowl: Northwestern

Foster Farms Bowl: Indiana

Quick Lane Bowl: Maryland

Zaxby’s Heart of Dallas Bowl: Not filled

http://www.espn.com/blog/bigten/pos...ns-make-or-break-week-arrrives-for-contenders

Go Gophers!!

If I had to guess right now I'd say 70% chance of Nashville, 20% chance of San Diego, 10% chance of New York, just given who's around us in the standings.

If I had to guess right now I'd say 70% chance of Nashville, 20% chance of San Diego, 10% chance of New York, just given who's around us in the standings.

I think Nebraska has to beat Iowa for us to play in San Diego.

The Pinstripe Bowl has felt like a lower-rung bowl to me since its inception, maybe because of the weather and playing in a baseball stadium. But I wouldn't mind playing a team like Miami there.

I love bowl projections, but there are so many moving parts still. The biggest is how many B1G teams make the playoff, followed by how many get into NY6 bowls, followed by Iowa's result against Neb. Gonna be fun to follow again this year!

Where might the Gophers go bowling this year? - Twin cities.com

"While bowl matchups won’t be decided and announced until Dec. 4, the prevailing view is that Minnesota will be headed to the Holiday Bowl on Dec. 27 at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego. Their most-mentioned opponent is Washington State, according to what FOX, CBS, ESPN and SB Nation have prognosticated.

The 23rd-ranked Cougars are an intriguing foe, with unfiltered coach Mike Leach calling the shots for a high-octane offense. Washington State is second in the nation with 380 passing yards per game and 10th in the country with 42.5 points a game — the antithesis of the smash-mouth Badgers...

Here’s a look at other possible bowl scenarios for Minnesota:

Sports Illustrated: Foster Farms Bowl vs. Washington State on Dec. 28 at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, Calif.

ESPN (another look): Pinstripe Bowl vs. Miami (Fla.) on Dec. 28 at Yankee Stadium in New York.

Athlon: Music City Bowl vs. Arkansas on Dec. 30 at Nissan Stadium in Nashville, Tenn.

The Sporting News: Holiday Bowl vs. Utah.

The Gophers played in the Music City Bowl in 2002, 2004 and 2005. Any other of these game would be new for Minnesota fans.

beat wisky go to San Diego..really nice bowl, lose, Nashville...bleeeeaaachhhhhh

I guarantee if both OSU and PSU win, two BT teams will go on to the CFP. The only possibility the BT champ isn't in is if MN wins this weekend and the west team wins in Indy.

Top Bottom