NCAA Orders Notre Dame To Forfeit Wins

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18113811/ncaa-orders-notre-dame-fighting-irish-vacate-wins-2012-2013-seasons

Two guys? plus immediate school correction and North Carolina rolls on with hundreds involved?

""We believe the penalty they have imposed is not justified," Jenkins said in a statement. "We are disappointed in the actions of students who engaged in dishonesty, but we are gratified that the NCAA investigation confirmed the conclusions of our own internal investigation: Notre Dame acted honorably throughout. As soon as professional staff suspected academic dishonesty on the part of a student, the matter was reported promptly, investigated aggressively and thoroughly, and adjudicated in accord with our Academic Code of Honor procedures and norms. ......."

"HEY! We cooperated! You don't do that stuff to a Helmet School!!" :eek:

I hate ND and am glad this happened to them but at the same time, F' the NCAA. The NCAA is a complete joke. It is time for the P4 conferences to jettison the NCAA and form their organization with their own rules which would get the NCAA hand's out of everyone's pockets. The smaller conferences will follow and create their own leagues. We can still have a 64-team field for basketball and, once and for all, create a logical playoff system for football.

The NCAA had better order North Carolina to burn their athletics facilities to the ground if they want to maintain any credibility.

This along with their record this year, is Coach Kelly under fire?

Kelly probably offered to vacate this season's results and is pissed off that the NCAA wouldn't package that in.

This along with their record this year, is Coach Kelly under fire?

He just signed a long extension before this season. But most fans want him gone. Like normal, he is taking no responsibility for anything wrong happening to his program.

He just signed a long extension before this season. But most fans want him gone. Like normal, he is taking no responsibility for anything wrong happening to his program.

So they might be paying like four HCs next season?

I hate ND and am glad this happened to them but at the same time, F' the NCAA. The NCAA is a complete joke. It is time for the P4 conferences to jettison the NCAA and form their organization with their own rules which would get the NCAA hand's out of everyone's pockets. The smaller conferences will follow and create their own leagues. We can still have a 64-team field for basketball and, once and for all, create a logical playoff system for football.

So you mean...basically recreate the NCAA?

well somebodies gonna do it evenutally - the ncaa is corrupt and incompetent and there is too much money to be made

I mean, probably, but how will they convince people to join them? How would people know we wouldn't just end up with ncaa mk II?

I mean, probably, but how will they convince people to join them? How would people know we wouldn't just end up with ncaa mk II?

The Commissioners from each P conference will likely organize it. One possibility is that the new board would comprised of some or all of the AD's from each conference. Someone smarter can take it from here.

The way the situation at NC has been handled is an absolute embarrassment to college athletics. I can't imagine what would have happened if the improprieties had happened at another program without the notoriety of the Tar Heels.

That particular case is currently tied up in the Court System and involves accreditation service and supposed statute of limitations arguments. A ruling is expected in 2017. Then, the NCAA will rule --

That particular case is currently tied up in the Court System and involves accreditation service and supposed statute of limitations arguments. A ruling is expected in 2017. Then, the NCAA will rule --

I won't hold my breath. The relative silence on the situation and seeming "complexity" of the issues, IMHO, would not exist if a program without the stature of North Carolina basketball were involved.

well somebodies gonna do it evenutally - the ncaa is corrupt and incompetent and there is too much money to be made

You've just described every regulatory system known to man. And I believe some level of regulation is absolutely necessary. Because humans are imperfect and subject to the seven deadly sins every governmental structure will be imperfect and also explains why no person will ever be completely satisfied. It's all about incentives to cheat. And those incentives are enormous, with virtually no downside in the form of jail time or loss of assets in the case of the NCAA.

That's why public and media scrutiny (does this exist anymore?) are so important, and legal scrutiny when appropriate. Some people are still able to be shamed.

You've just described every regulatory system known to man. And I believe some level of regulation is absolutely necessary. Because humans are imperfect and subject to the seven deadly sins every governmental structure will be imperfect and also explains why no person will ever be completely satisfied. It's all about incentives to cheat. And those incentives are enormous, with virtually no downside in the form of jail time or loss of assets in the case of the NCAA.

That's why public and media scrutiny (does this exist anymore?) are so important, and legal scrutiny when appropriate. Some people are still able to be shamed.

spare me dude, spare us all

the ncaa has been cruising towards a breakup for a minute now, the power 5 will run the show soon

And then what?

Let me hear the list of demands.

By the way-nice pic.

ayyy thanks homie you too.

um i dont really have any demands - its a long time coming but only got tripped up when all the biggies didnt jump to 16 a piece. we'll get some consolidation when the rest of the musical chairs are claimed in the p5

Top Bottom