Gophers, Schierhorn Shutout Minnesota State, 1-0

Reaction score
After getting yanked in Friday’s loss to Minnesota State, goalie Eric Schierhorn responded brilliantly, making 23 saves and notching a shutout. Justin Kloos scored the only goal for the Gophers, and one was all they needed.

Quotes
Don Lucia
“We didn’t give ourselves a chance to win Friday night’s game that’s what I was disappointed in. Our guys have done a good job bouncing back. Eric [Schierhorn] has done a good job bouncing back if he wasn’t happy with his game. We bent our knees, battled harder, and did a lot of good things tonight.”

Justin Kloos
“Feels great to win. We played a good game. It felt like we were pretty much in control from the start. They made a pretty good push there in the third but I think the shots after two periods was 30-10, or something. We came out with good jump and felt good.”

On MSU goalie Jason Pawloski:
“Their goalie was playing great. He played great last night but, obviously, we didn’t as many chances last night. I don’t know what the final scoring chances were but if felt like we had a lot. He played good and gave their team a chance to win, for sure. …I think he was tracking the puck well from deep, at least. On the power play, we had some good looks but it seemed like none of the rebounds made it anyone. He kind of smothered stuff. He made some big saves on one-timers in front and breakaways. He was solid.

By the Numbers

6 Career shutouts for goalie Eric Schierhorn. His second-straight shutout on Saturday night of a series.

3 Shots by the Mavericks in the second period, Minnesota had 15. The Gophers finished with a 38-23 advantage in shots.

8 Assists on the season for Tyler Sheehy

Three Stars
3 Jason Pawloski was stellar in net, stopping 37 shots.

2 Justin Kloos scored the game-winning goal for the Gophers, his third of the season.

1 Eric Schierhorn turned aside all 23 shots for the shutout.

What’s Next?
Minnesota heads to Boston, Mass. next weekend. The Gophers will battle Northeastern on Friday, November 25 and conclude their East-Coast trip with Boston College on Sunday, November 27.

Schierhorn seems to be night and day better on Saturday as oppose to Friday

Top Bottom