Mitch Leidner's Finale

GoldyGopher31

Reaction score
On Saturday Mitch Leidner will play his final game at TCF Bank Stadium.

Hallelujah!! For the past 4 years we have all had the privilege to watch mediocre (at best) quarterback play. With a fifth year senior QB and one of the easiest schedules in the nation one would expect a special year? No... another mediocre season that in all honesty will probably be capped off by 3 consecutive regular season losses.

Our points per game has clearly increased this year. However, against one of our biggest rivals at home - Mitch and our offense could only manage 14 points and on the road in one of the biggest games of his career we score 17 and get blanked in the second half. Capped off by a horrible decision to throw into double coverage on first down...

We have two great running backs that are carrying this offense. I am excited to see what our 2017 offense can do with our weakest link in the chain gone.

For those of you that disagree. Please refer to these pathetic stats for a fifth year senior QB.

Completion percentage: 58.9%
TD/Int Ratio: 5/7 (Keep in mind 4 of the 5 TDs came against Indiana State)

Apparently he is...I doubt that he really is a fan however.

Why do you doubt he is a fan? It seems like he has been watching the Gophers consistently for 4 years and has enough frustration built of from Mitch mistakes to write about it.

His simple citation of stats seems more in depth than a casual fan? I didn't even know over half of Mitch's passing TDs were against an FCS school....Thanks for the info GoldyGopher31!

Hallelujah!! For the past 4 years we have all had the privilege to watch mediocre (at best) quarterback play. With a fifth year senior QB and one of the easiest schedules in the nation one would expect a special year? No... another mediocre season that in all honesty will probably be capped off by 3 consecutive regular season losses.

Our points per game has clearly increased this year. However, against one of our biggest rivals at home - Mitch and our offense could only manage 14 points and on the road in one of the biggest games of his career we score 17 and get blanked in the second half. Capped off by a horrible decision to throw into double coverage on first down...

We have two great running backs that are carrying this offense. I am excited to see what our 2017 offense can do with our weakest link in the chain gone.

For those of you that disagree. Please refer to these pathetic stats for a fifth year senior QB.

Completion percentage: 58.9%
TD/Int Ratio: 5/7 (Keep in mind 4 of the 5 TDs came against Indiana State)

Yes, you, zach johnson and waitwhat are correct Mitch was never very good at all aspects of being a starting BCS qb. Coulda used your insight years ago but here we are.

Be careful what you wish for. Next years version of the Gopher QB could be worse. Weber was trashed by many also and he would look good right now with the team.

Just sayin.

Our points per game has clearly increased this year. However, against one of our biggest rivals at home

Why do you doubt he is a fan? It seems like he has been watching the Gophers consistently for 4 years and has enough frustration built of from Mitch mistakes to write about it.

His simple citation of stats seems more in depth than a casual fan? I didn't even know over half of Mitch's passing TDs were against an FCS school....Thanks for the info GoldyGopher31!

He may have had some down moments throughout this year & his career, but generally speaking, anybody who is thankful & excited that a senior, who has given a lot to the program, is playing his final game at home, is someone that I would consider NOT a fan.

Do people think Leidner is sleeping with one of the coaches and that why he has started all these games? My bet is he has been the best option. There is no guarantee the QB play will be better next year. Just as good of a chance it is worse.

He may have had some down moments throughout this year & his career, but generally speaking, anybody who is thankful & excited that a senior, who has given a lot to the program, is playing his final game at home, is someone that I would consider NOT a fan.

Yeah...again I just don't get why that makes this individual "NOT a Fan"? All the OP is saying is he has terrible numbers for a senior QB and they are sick of watching him showcase the same inconsistent performances that Mitch has shown us over the past 3 seasons. I don't think there is anything wrong with that?

We have no clue yet if Green, Rhoda or Croft will pan out to much but I for one have a glimmer of hope again that our next QB could be good. Every off season we heard how Mitch has improved and learned more but the story is in the numbers. He has had mediocre numbers for 3 full seasons now. That is all the OP is trying to say.

When the OP says "Hallelujah!!" to this being Mitch's final game at TCF, I will question his being a fan....

Say what you will about his talent, Mitch is a f***ing warrior.

Do people think Leidner is sleeping with one of the coaches and that why he has started all these games? My bet is he has been the best option. There is no guarantee the QB play will be better next year. Just as good of a chance it is worse.

Yeah, no kidding. If you believe most the recent posters, TC won't be here next year but he's saving RS on better QBs at all costs so he can have them another year down the road. Completely logical.

What an odd first post.

Mitch is what he is - a QB with limited passing skills, who grinds it out and gives the Gophers everything he has. It's not his fault he's the best QB option the Gophs have had for 4 years. He's not as bad as many make him out to be and he's not as good as some make him out to be.

One would think a fan would appreciate the time he put in for the program and wish him luck.

agreed. Sarge told Mitch to fix bayonets and go over the top. He did as told.

What an odd first post.

Mitch is what he is - a QB with limited passing skills, who grinds it out and gives the Gophers everything he has. It's not his fault he's the best QB option the Gophs have had for 4 years. He's not as bad as many make him out to be and he's not as good as some make him out to be.

One would think a fan would appreciate the time he put in for the program and wish him luck.

Also a very, very lame one. Begs the question: what makes you think he's a fan? :D

What an odd first post.

He sure showed Leidner what a piece of trash he is. I wish I had the guts this guy has. To create an account, hide behind it for a couple of
weeks, then rip a college athlete? Man, that takes seeds. This guy's a real hero

What an odd first post.

Well said. Great kid...Mitch will do just fine in life.

Yeah...again I just don't get why that makes this individual "NOT a Fan"? All the OP is saying is he has terrible numbers for a senior QB and they are sick of watching him showcase the same inconsistent performances that Mitch has shown us over the past 3 seasons. I don't think there is anything wrong with that?

So Mitch should bench himself to spare the OP's feelings?

When the OP says "Hallelujah!!" to this being Mitch's final game at TCF, I will question his being a fan....

Huh? You've yet to say anything of substance.

You can be a fan and still be critical of team you love. Stop being a dram queen.

Well I am not going to defend the fact that I am a fan. I will explain my post. We know what Mitch is. He is a mediocre QB that cannot take us to where all of us FANS want to go. So I am excited at the prospect of having a new QB step up who could take us there. I am not saying that Green, Croft or Rhoda will be able to guide us to a BigTen championship. However, I can confidently say that Mitch cannot.

Well I am not going to defend the fact that I am a fan. I will explain my post...

Good plan. Didn't see any of the other threads on Leidner or the dozens and dozens of posts on him then? 4-5 of them on the first page alone? Probably shouldn't defend that then either.

All I can say is I hope the OP and all other fans get their butts to this game early enough to cheer on the seniors and this team to a much needed win.

Mitch seems like a good kid and all and I wish him well but what this program really needed this year was a senior qb to win the big games for us, not the Rutgers and Purdue type of games, and Mitch proved he just isn't good enough. Looking forward to seeing what a new qb can do next year.

Huh? You've yet to say anything of substance.

You can be a fan and still be critical of team you love. Stop being a dram queen.

How's it being a dram queen when a poster is sarcastically thankful that a player is leaving the program?

I get it, you don't accept mediocrity. But since you're wanting substance, here's Leidner's career at Minnesota.

Passing Yards, Career: 4th
Passing Attempts, Career: 2nd
Passing Completions, Career: 2nd
Completion %, Career: T2nd
Passing TDs, Career: T6th
Total Offense, Career: 2nd
Rushing Yards for a Quarterback, Career: 3rd
Rushing Touchdowns for a Quarterback, Career: 1st
Rushing TDs for Any Player, Career: 5th
Rushing TDs for a Quarterback, Season: T1st
Passing Yards, Season: 4th

There a distinct difference between being critical of the team you love and being a complete clown.

How's it being a dram queen when a poster is sarcastically thankful that a player is leaving the program?

I get it, you don't accept mediocrity. But since you're wanting substance, here's Leidner's career at Minnesota.

Passing Yards, Career: 4th
Passing Attempts, Career: 2nd
Passing Completions, Career: 2nd
Completion %, Career: T2nd
Passing TDs, Career: T6th
Total Offense, Career: 2nd
Rushing Yards for a Quarterback, Career: 3rd
Rushing Touchdowns for a Quarterback, Career: 1st
Rushing TDs for Any Player, Career: 5th
Rushing TDs for a Quarterback, Season: T1st
Passing Yards, Season: 4th

There a distinct difference between being critical of the team you love and being a complete clown.

Particularly when doing it under the guise of senior day.

It is senior day, not festivus.

https://gfycat.com/PlumpAstonishingAmericancicada

Well I am not going to defend the fact that I am a fan. I will explain my post. We know what Mitch is. He is a mediocre QB that cannot take us to where all of us FANS want to go. So I am excited at the prospect of having a new QB step up who could take us there. I am not saying that Green, Croft or Rhoda will be able to guide us to a BigTen championship. However, I can confidently say that Mitch cannot.

So basically you took your first thread/post (if it is) to lay a rant on Mitch. Got it. ML came pretty close to getting us into the B1G Championship game in 2014 and kept us offensively in that bowl game...with his arm.

Say what you will about his talent, Mitch is a f***ing warrior.

If he is such a great warrior then why can he never win the big game? Two years ago on the road against Wisconsin to go to the big ten championship... had a big lead and blew it. Had a halftime lead at Nebraska this weekend... got blanked in the second half. A warrior finds a way to win those game.

The fact that he runs into the end zone from two yards away and pounds his chest does not make him a warrior.

So basically you took your first thread/post (if it is) to lay a rant on Mitch. Got it. ML came pretty close to getting us into the B1G Championship game in 2014 and kept us offensively in that bowl game...with his arm.

No he didn't...I was at that game. If he was an above average QB we win that game.

11/29/14 @Wisconsin L 34-24 5 18 95 27.8

Top Bottom