Head scratchers after watching the game......

Reaction score
1. Brooks in the first half ran a jet sweep for 10 yards; never used again...
2. Play action on a drag pattern to Wozniak for 9 yards; never used again.....
3. The OL play was bad, but after watching again, Smith made some wrong cuts....
4. Is Brooks still dealing with an injury? Smith had way more carries and really took a beating..
5. Runs off tackle or guard had negative yardage for the game....
6. Myrick had 3 missed tackles and a botched interception.....
7. Everytime we did a line stunt Newby burned us....
8. Number of " high" throws by Mitch to open receivers, 4......
9. With 8 in the box by Nebraska, I noticed #9 Carter was open on several underneath routes that were ignored....
10 . On the pass to Tyler Johnson on the final drive . With another year in the weight room he would've scored on that play....
Summary: Bottom line. We got beat by a better QB and athlete in Armstrong. He just took the game over.

1. Brooks in the first half ran a jet sweep for 10 yards; never used again...
2. Play action on a drag pattern to Wozniak for 9 yards; never used again.....
3. The OL play was bad, but after watching again, Smith made some wrong cuts....
4. Is Brooks still dealing with an injury? Smith had way more carries and really took a beating..
5. Runs off tackle or guard had negative yardage for the game....
6. Myrick had 3 missed tackles and a botched interception.....
7. Everytime we did a line stunt Newby burned us....
8. Number of " high" throws by Mitch to open receivers, 4......
9. With 8 in the box by Nebraska, I noticed #9 Carter was open on several underneath routes that were ignored....
10 . On the pass to Tyler Johnson on the final drive . With another year in the weight room he would've scored on that play....
Summary: Bottom line. We got beat by a better QB and athlete in Lewis. He just took the game over.

Yeah, that Lewis is a helluva player.

How many college football teams are collectively better than the quality of their offensive line?

Never coming back to the jet sweep was a head-scratcher for me as well. We've been setting it up all year by continually giving it to Wolitarsky and faking it to Brooks. We finally break it out against a good team, it goes for 10 yards, then we never see it. WTF?

1. Ruppert is spot on with the summary that #4 was the difference.

2. The obsession on GH with jet sweeps is amusing.

3. ML7 limits what we can do. Deal with it.

4. You can't bitch all year about how bad we are and then seem shocked we lost at Lincoln.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's funny how quickly people forget that Leidner was the reason the Gophers won at Lincoln 2 years ago.

It's funny how quickly people forget that Leidner was the reason the Gophers won at Lincoln 2 years ago.

I'd disagree. We beat Nebraska two years in a row and both times Nebraska had a major player on offense hurt (QB and WR each year). I also think the major reason we won the game in Lincoln was that our offensive line dominated them. We just pounded them to dust. Leidner didn't screw anything up and contributed to the win, but I think other parts of our game were more important.

TJ6 would have made the end zone if RS88 finished his block

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I seem to recall BBC snatching victory from the jaws of defeat.

I seem to recall BBC snatching victory from the jaws of defeat.

That's true, but Leidner led them down the field without Cobb for the game winning score before that.

That's true, but Leidner led them down the field without Cobb for the game winning score before that.

Yes, ML7 has had some moments in his time. I'm not an ML7 hater, but am pretty realistic about his shortcomings and didn't expect the magical jump this year that some seemed to. He is still the best option on our team and that is really the only thing that matters.

Top Bottom