This is our 6th best season in 30 years

If we don't win another game it will be around our 9th best season out of the last 18. So that's pretty good. I don't know what you're counting. We now play 9 BT games and most so comparing BT seasons is a moot point. You need to compare total wins. We also will have lost, and not won back, or won any trophy games under Claeys. Your statement is ridiculous. Maybe next year we can beat some NSIC teams and then we'll have the best season ever.

Now I know what some posters mean when they say our fans accept mediocrity. A 7-5 season with this schedule after what Kill built is sh^t and these players and fans deserve for this AD to do everything he can to bring in a coach with better credentials and experience or this program will just continue to slide backward and time and recruiting classes will be wasted. Some of you aren't getting any younger. Go ahead and compare the enthusiasm for the program the last 3 or 4 years compared to now. I don't understand how some say that doesn't matter. It sure as the heck DOES matter to the person in charge of the Athletic Department. If he doesn't make a change this year he'll find out real fast next year. Teague did serious damage raising the ticket prices and Coyle's best hope is to dial that back and go on a serious marketing campaign and bring in a new coach to signify a new era. He also needs to market the new facilities hand in hand with a new coach and market the new ticket structure and game day experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't get me wrong, loved Kill, but his offenses were some of the worst in FBS...like bottom 20%. TC built the defense that is now top 20-25 in FBS. He also correctly ID'd that a change was needed at OC and made the move.

Agree, Teague absolutely turned off many longtime fans. Stupid move by someone we now know was a pretender, way over his head, and a sleazy sexual harasser.

Not in the same situation as 99% of true first year HC.

He has been at the U for about 5 years already.
He coached for many years with some of the same staff under him now.
As a result he knows the kids, knows the coaches, knows the routine, knows the conference etc.
He had nearly half a season as HC last year and several games before that.

HCs routinely bring their coaches with them to new schools, so that point is a complete non-starter. He's a first year HC, period.

Then we shouldn't have fired Mason. We'd have had a bunch more of these seasons and some here would be ecstatic.

That should give reason for pause for those people who want to fire Claeys.

They should have given Mason a chance to gut his Defensive Coordinator like Ferentz did at Iowa at one point in time.

How many years did the firing of Mason set the program back? He wasn't perfect. But, better than the consequence. His defense was fixable.

And your blind faith in Claeys is moronic. Do you feel that this team is moving in the right direction under him? If so, why? I am dealing with it by not engaging with a poorly coached, poorly executing team, that continues to make mental mistakes. I feel that is what a lot of folks that have followed the team for years might be doing. We all should expect more from a head coach who took over a team he was totally familiar with. When the product on the field is not generating any excitement you have major issues in a market like this.

What makes you think I have blind faith in Claeys? I simply said he's a first year coach. If you are suggesting he should be fired for his current record and the way his team is playing at this point in the season, I definitely disagree. What I saw last night was a well-prepared team that had a chance to win on the road against a top 20 helmet school. Why they lost? NE has an athlete at QB that we do not. He played a great game. He beat us. Our 5th year senior QB had a chance to make a play at the end of the game. He didn't. That was not on Claeys. If you believe it was that's your opinion.

And your blind faith in Claeys is moronic. Do you feel that this team is moving in the right direction under him? If so, why? <b>I am dealing with it by not engaging with a poorly coached, poorly executing team, that continues to make mental mistakes. </b>I feel that is what a lot of folks that have followed the team for years might be doing. We all should expect more from a head coach who took over a team he was totally familiar with. When the product on the field is not generating any excitement you have major issues in a market like this.

By "not engaging" you mean watching the games and then spending time discussing yours and others' opinions about the team on one of the team's message boards? You are one tough customer.

So he is first year coach then?
You confuse me. Stop with the disclaimers. Either he is or he isn't.

I say he isn't. He was a first year head coach. He got the head start 95% of others don't get.

By "not engaging" you mean watching the games and then spending time discussing yours and others' opinions about the team on one of the team's message boards? You are one tough customer.

No by not engaging I mean not financially supporting the team like I used to.

Give Claeys five years of recruiting his own guys for his own style of play and see how he does.

In the meantime, the guys never quit and Leidner is leading this team like no other.
Just keep your head up and keep marching forward.

If you told us we'd have 7 wins right now, we'd all take it versus 7 losses.

Claeys with 5 years of experiences probably keeps us playing in high low level bowl games for years to come.

Hats off to the team, the University, and to Coach Claeys who is bowl bound in his rookie season!

Five years from now and we r in high low level bowl games on a regular basis?!?!

This is the EXACT problem with Gopher football, and I guess that is what happens when decades of losing is inbred into a fan base. This program will never be a Big 10 title contender again until this attitude is defeated. If u don't have the desire to be the best, from the administration, to the coaches, to the players and to the fan base, why the hell r u doing this??? I don't give a crap about 7 wins, and yes I do remember the lean years. I want the Gophers to be relevant again in college football. Going to low level bowl games like Detroit is not relevance, it is a participation trophy given out to try and make u feel better. TO HELL WITH THAT!!

Six or seven wins each year might as well be two or three. No one gives a damn or remembers that except for the folks who r proud to be average. One day I hope this university and fan base strives for better!

This is still really simple; win a game and you stay head coach next year. Win the next three in a row and get an extension.

I hope the team survives.

They'll do just fine :) Problem is there are a lot of folks like me that want to see improvement and IMHO we are not seeing it yet. Here's to hoping there is something worth getting excited about these last few games.

Five years from now and we r in high low level bowl games on a regular basis?!?!

This is the EXACT problem with Gopher football, and I guess that is what happens when decades of losing is inbred into a fan base. This program will never be a Big 10 title contender again until this attitude is defeated. If u don't have the desire to be the best, from the administration, to the coaches, to the players and to the fan base, why the hell r u doing this??? I don't give a crap about 7 wins, and yes I do remember the lean years. I want the Gophers to be relevant again in college football. Going to low level bowl games like Detroit is not relevance, it is a participation trophy given out to try and make u feel better. TO HELL WITH THAT!!

Six or seven wins each year might as well be two or three. No one gives a damn or remembers that except for the folks who r proud to be average. One day I hope this university and fan base strives for better!

First of all, he's trolling...been doing it all day, and it's apparently working on you. Nobody is "happy" with 7 wins every year. We want more.
Second, your passion for the Gophers is apparent. I salute that. We need more fans. Say what you want about GH, but we're true fanatics.
Third, 7 wins is a lot better than 2 or 3. Would you trade our program for Illinois? Purdue? Rutgers? Let's get real.

Top Bottom