gophers haven't thrown a td pass since maryland game

Go4

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wow, I hadn't realized. Mitch didn't throw a TD vs. Iowa. So the last time the #7 threw a TD was the Penn State game. Just wow.

Since Maryland, the offense has run 46 plays in the red zone. 40 of those have been run plays. Part of it is probably because of lack of confidence in Leidner and part of it is because the offense has been very successful converting in the red zone when running heavy.

Since Maryland, the offense has run 46 plays in the red zone. 40 of those have been run plays. Part of it is probably because of lack of confidence in Leidner and part of it is because the offense has been very successful converting in the red zone when running heavy.

Ever heard of a 20-yard plus TD pass?.....I see lots of them throughout the country every Saturday.

So I just looked it up. Versus FBS opponents, Leidner has thrown 1 TD and 7 picks.
Not trying to keep piling on here, but I can't see how any team could compete with stats like that.

Ever heard of a 20-yard plus TD pass?.....I see lots of them throughout the country every Saturday.

Yep, need to convert more longer pass plays. Just pointing out that when the offense gets into the red zone, they don't pass much at all. That's an 87% run to pass ratio.

This is crazy. I noticed on the two TD drives today we ran the ball 7 times inside the 10. I don't understand how the Gophers are so successful in the redzone, if you're a defensive coordinator why don't you just run blitz the crap out of the Gophers inside the ten? Anyway, I think its pretty apparent they don't trust Mitch to throw accurate passes in the redzone or make good decisions. I mean just look at tonight, he predetermined that he was going to throw it to Woli and he just threw a bad ball into double coverage. Its just really frustrating sometimes.

The passing game doesn't matter.

The kids haven't quit in a single game, and T.C. is learning the ropes of being the man in charge.

Mitch is a leader and that's why contrary to what people may have through going into this season, we are headed to an upper-level, lower tier bowl game.
Anyone here should be happy with that.

The passing game doesn't matter.

The kids haven't quit in a single game, and T.C. is learning the ropes of being the man in charge.

Mitch is a leader and that's why contrary to what people may have through going into this season, we are headed to an upper-level, lower tier bowl game.
Anyone here should be happy with that.

What is going on? We have are worse record than any legit Gopher fan I know thought to this point.

How does throwing for TDs matter. The Gophs are scoring at a high rate in the red zone. Don't really care if they are all running or passing TDs, as long as we get more TDs than the opponent!

And on a related note, Conor Rhoda's reward for working his butt off for the program? He was told last week that his scholarship will not be renewed in 2017-18. Now that, ladies and gentlemen, is one classy move.

Can see why your upset Mr.Rhoda. Are there any more details because on the surface it sounds like a very lousy move indeed.

Top Bottom