List of games this year where our QB outplayed their QB

Triple D

Reaction score
I'm talking strictly QB play and eye test here:

Indiana State - whoop de doo
Illinois

Can't think of any more games this year and we have a 5th year Senior!

The best statement in tonight's game from the announcers, about Mitch:
"He's been high all night."

The Maryland backup QB we faced seemed like he didn't belong in D1 football (yet)...but I know that was Rhoda on our side so that one gets thrown out in this argument.

The Maryland backup QB we faced seemed like he didn't belong in D1 football (yet)...but I know that was Rhoda on our side so that one gets thrown out in this argument.

I looked at that game, really wanted to point out that one of the games was even with Rhoda but his stats in that game weren't much better that the Maryland QB

Beathard was just as bad as Mitch if not worse in that dumpster fire Iowa game.

I hate when everyone says "5th year Senior". It's still Mitch did you expect a transformation just because he was a Senior?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I prefer High Mitch! [emoji41]
I keep hearing.... I was gonna play football. but then I got high... I was gonna throw a pass but then it got high...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I can understand why qbs left the u program if they were slotted behind leidner. Even if they were not better I can see where a player might think...I'm behind this guy?

I can understand why qbs left the u program if they were slotted behind leidner. Even if they were not better I can see where a player might think...I'm behind this guy?

If that is someone's attitude, I would not want them as our QB. That would be an absolute loser's mentality. The guy ahead of me isn't very good, I should transfer?

I hate when everyone says "5th year Senior". It's still Mitch did you expect a transformation just because he was a Senior?

Earlier in his career, when people ragged on Mitch, the message was consistently "be patient, he is still young," which I think at least implies that it is anticipated that he will be better when he is older. If Demry or Seth starts next year, people will use their underclassmen status as a reason to lower the bar. Stands to reason that upperclass status is a reason to raise it.

I'd have to say any game where we won, would definitely be the case because we won.

Mitch is a leader for this team and that's immeasurable.

We'll all be sad to see Mitch leave this program, but I'm anxious to watch him play on Sundays.

Every NFL fan should hope their team drafts Mitch so they can watch his leadership weekly.

Earlier in his career, when people ragged on Mitch, the message was consistently "be patient, he is still young," which I think at least implies that it is anticipated that he will be better when he is older. If Demry or Seth starts next year, people will use their underclassmen status as a reason to lower the bar. Stands to reason that upperclass status is a reason to raise it.

We don't live in a vacuum. After seeing ML7 for 3 years and realizing that nothing was changing, I have to admit I didn't expect things to magically be different this year.

We don't live in a vacuum. After seeing ML7 for 3 years and realizing that nothing was changing, I have to admit I didn't expect things to magically be different this year.

Mitch has led this team to more wins this year (already) than we had last year.

Also, our win total exceeds that of our win total from 2015, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, 2001, 2000, 1998, 1997, and all the years from 1986-1996.

It's like people don't realize what success looks like. Any of those years we would have taken this record!!

Also, our win total exceeds that of our win total from 2015, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, 2001, 2000, 1998, 1997, and all the years from 1986-1996.

It's like people don't realize what success looks like. Any of those years we would have taken this record!!

And this proves ML7 is improving?

I realize ML7 is our best option. I don't think he is a disaster like some. I also don't think he is very good. He is below average. The conversation topic was how he should be better in his 5th year and my point is we had years of data to indicate he wasn't going to be much different. Mitch is what Mitch is - for better and for worse.

What ML7 does at times bothers me, but what I find most frustrating is watching this team for years have to tailor their offense to what he can do consistently which limits it and makes it predictable. When we are forced to venture outside of that we do things like throwing to Woli in double coverage inside the 5 with the game on the line or force passes in the endzone at critical times in Happy Valley. You know, things that cost us games.

This is type of attitude is why we don't excel in our athletic department. We think we have succeeded when we we are just above average.

If this kind of thinking permeates the rest of the school's administration, then we should be happy to have the 65th best Medical school, the 95th best Law School, the 70th best School of Business, the 71st best Institute of Technology, etc.

If being first, the best, is the goal of a school or one of its departments, then it shouldn't matter if it is the Athletic Department, the Medical School, the Institute of Technology, the Law School, the Agriculture school, Business, the Theater department, the Music school, Liberal Arts in general, etc, which is being discussed.

If winning a National Championship were entering a building, then arguing that the football team having more wins than any time during our Champion drought is akin to saying "well we are a block away, so that's good enough."

Quitters never win and winners never quit.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

To be fair to Leidner, like him or not he will leave here with a career winning record. When was the last time a gopher qb did that? Abdul Kalig, maybe Cupito, been awhile

Top Bottom