Gophers at Nebraska post-game thread

"I can't wait until we play a game and our QB is superior to our opponent's."

I will just take one in which our QB is an asset and not a liability.

The same people on here bitching each week how much we suck now pissed we don't control our destiny. This was never a B1G West championship team. We played even with Nebby today - the difference was #4. Honestly, nothing to hang our heads about tonight. Go Gophers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correcto

We're better on the road and so is Northwestern. Hope we don't have a hangover next next week.

Actually, I do think that Leidner was trying to rush things. Don't know if that was because of the coaches or because of him, but he basically just rushed himself into that throw. Maybe trying to be the hero. Oh well, game over. Season over. Everyone gets a participation ribbon. I hope for coaching changes after the season.

And no, we are not beating Wisconsin.

The bigger issue was we should NOT have been in a hurry. We had 20 yards to go, 2 timeouts and well over a minute (maybe two) to go. Why were we rushing the play and why didn't our 5th year QB understand the situation? That's the conundrum of this team.

We were rushing because the pace was working. Why change? Why let them rest? Your looking in the wrong place to blame.

We were rushing because the pace was working. Why change? Why let them rest? Your looking in the wrong place to blame.

Are you arguing that tying the game and leaving time on the clock is a smart play? Did it work?

Are you arguing that tying the game and leaving time on the clock is a smart play? Did it work?

I'm saying scoring was the only thing that mattered. Time on the clock doesn't matter if you don't score. You do what gives you the best chance to score. Period.

Did it work? Easy to spout off when you know the result. I love you assume slowing down would have worked.

Again, you are looking for blame in the wrong place. Hint: ML7.

We were rushing because the pace was working. Why change? Why let them rest? Your looking in the wrong place to blame

Mitch forced a pass and threw a game ending interception.....If he throws a TD to force OT we would be talking about something else.

Mitch forced a pass and threw a game ending interception.....If he throws a TD to force OT we would be talking about something else.

I think we agree?
I blame ML7.
The poster I quoted was blaming Claeys.

I really fear that next year, people are going to be saying, "I wish we could have had one more year of Leidner."

I'm so ready to move on from the Mitch Leidner era of Gopher football.

Reason we lost this game is their qb played like a senior and ours did not. Simple as that. The plays were there and this game was there. We left it on the field

Add this one to the list of frustrating games this season. For the third time we were right with a good team but just couldn't make the plays needed to get it done.

2016 season in a nutshell
Struggle to beat bad teams at home (Rutgers, Purdue, Oregon State, Colorado State)
Blow out bad teams on the road (Maryland, Illinois)
Lose in one score games to good teams (Penn State, Nebraska, Iowa)

Those trends don't bode well for the next two games but if they hold we can count on them being close at least. Very frustrating that we just can't seem to get it done.

The same people on here bitching each week how much we suck now pissed we don't control our destiny. This was never a B1G West championship team. We played even with Nebby today - the difference was #4. Honestly, nothing to hang our heads about tonight. Go Gophers!

We played even with Nebby today - Ah no we didn't. We lost and we were out gained by over 100 yards. That's not playing even, that's losing.

Add this one to the list of frustrating games this season. For the third time we were right with a good team but just couldn't make the plays needed to get it done.

2016 season in a nutshell
Struggle to beat bad teams at home (Rutgers, Purdue, Oregon State, Colorado State)
Blow out bad teams on the road (Maryland, Illinois)
Lose in one score games to good teams (Penn State, Nebraska, Iowa)

Those trends don't bode well for the next two games but if they hold we can count on them being close at least. Very frustrating that we just can't seem to get it done.

That isn't just this season. It is basically every game since Kill retired.

Absolutely nothing to do with pace

That was clearly PANIC!! I'm normally a defender of Mitch...that was very bad. 1:41 left...ideally you do not want to score too quickly...calm down.

We played even with Nebby today - Ah no we didn't. We lost and we were out gained by over 100 yards. That's not playing even, that's losing.

That's where you are wrong. We won the first half and they won the second half. So even. Just ask Sid and all the other guys wearing maroon colored glasses.

That was clearly PANIC!! I'm normally a defender of Mitch...that was very bad. 1:41 left...ideally you do not want to score too quickly...calm down.

Again, I blame ML7 too. I don't blame the coaches for not changing the pace.

That's where you are wrong. We won the first half and they won the second half. So even. Just ask Sid and all the other guys wearing maroon colored glasses.

Whatever. My point was that #4 was the difference. Not that we matched yards. If you want to believe we were dominated - go ahead.

I'm not a big Mitch defender, but I don't put this on him. The Gophers were outplayed. Mitch was the one player who was keeping us in it -- until the end :-(

Whatever. My point was that #4 was the difference. Not that we matched yards. If you want to believe we were dominated - go ahead.

We likely saw things somewhat similar. I thought we played well today. Yes, we needed to make some more tackles. Yes, we needed some creases to run through. I wish we'd throw some passes to Rodney. I wish we'd throw the bubble screens, passes in the flat that they were killing us defensively with yards after the catch. That would open up some running lanes. We can't play too much better than we did in the first half...if Myrick doesn't drop his pick 6 it is 24 to 10 at the half. It all comes down to big plays...we just don't make enough to win. But the first half is the best we have played this season. If, if, if we could build on today that would be very very encouraging going into the future.

Exactly. Simply a QB away in 2 of 3 losses, and maybe all 3.

The offensive line looks better than it has for years. Not a ton of push, but they give the QB time. Those of you complaining about the QB and line - it's Johnson and Claeys' first year with the offense, and imagine where we would be if they hadn't brought in some o-line recruits.

The staff continues to put the team in position to win. A couple of interceptions, and missed tackles has hurt. It's called execution by players.

We likely saw things somewhat similar. I thought we played well today. Yes, we needed to make some more tackles. Yes, we needed some creases to run through. I wish we'd throw some passes to Rodney. I wish we'd throw the bubble screens, passes in the flat that they were killing us defensively with yards after the catch. That would open up some running lanes. We can't play too much better than we did in the first half...if Myrick doesn't drop his pick 6 it is 24 to 10 at the half. It all comes down to big plays...we just don't make enough to win. But the first half is the best we have played this season. If, if, if we could build on today that would be very very encouraging going into the future.

Totally agree with your sentiment about being the best Gophers have played this year.

Once again, we stop feeling like the underdog and our offense goes in the crapper. Nice. not.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

We scored ZERO points in the second half, ZERO! Cant win if you can't score any second half points. So glad I am flying up from Houston for the Northwestern game.

Totally agree. But is a post on this thread allowed if it doesn't include a "fire Clayes" mention?

Top Bottom