Gophers at Nebraska post-game thread

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

There is no reason that pass on first down should have happened. JJ should have called for a run. We had 1:30 to score. Poor play calling.

Maybe start focusing on the Axe now cuz who gives a rip about NW... let's face it that will be their usual Super Bowl

The obnoxious, homer post of the week coming up.

If Nebraska loses to Iowa and Maryland, Iowa loses to Michigan tonight, and we win out. We win the division.

Possible if Armstrong is out against Maryland, but lol.

We played better than I thought we would. Are ineptitude at coaching and QB cost us the game again, which isn't terribly surprising. I can't see us winning either of the last 2 and Wisconsin is going to crush us. I'd say a 4 game losing streak costs Claeys his job. He better find a win someplace.

We'll really see what this team is made of next week. Northwestern is good. Do we step up or fold?

The obnoxious, homer post of the week coming up.

If Nebraska loses to Iowa and Maryland, Iowa loses to Michigan tonight, and we win out. We win the division.

Possible if Armstrong is out against Maryland, but lol.

we went from controlling our own destiny to your scenario-- ugh. The play not to lose on both sides of the ball tonight is typical Claeys

Bummer for sure, but I thought it was a fun game. Good effort by our boys, I think we're just a piece or two away from the next big step. We're good, getting better, still building towards a goal.

Absolutely the worst offensive line play in the Kill-Claeys era. Where is Geordie Shaw when you really need him. Still not sold the OC either. Claey's new hires might be his down fall.

This team continues to piss away games that they should win. I thought with their talent and a 5th year senior as their quarterback that this would be their year to rise up and beat some decent teams. Poor discipline and fundamentals all around have demonstrated that maybe the coaching staff just can't get it done.

Percent chance we hear a variation of this quote from TC:

"Anytime you're on the road in the B10; especially at a place like Lincoln; and you have a chance to win on the last possession you feel like you played pretty well".

I'll go 100%.

we went from controlling our own destiny to your scenario-- ugh. The play not to lose on both sides of the ball tonight is typical Claeys

One guy complaining that we threw on first down and another complaining that we played "not to lose".

Gopherhole at its finest.

Positives: We are now on a 1-game "no targeting" streak.

Need to win out, and I think TC needs one win to stay. This game was los due to Johnson not recognizing what was working. The OL was stood up all night. No push whatsoever. You can say what you want but Mitch has not put together 4 solid quarters all year with the exception being Illinois St. Even in his 5th year he still throws an unbelievable amount of high throws.Northwestern has a very good QB and a premiere RB in Jackson and WR in Carr. It will be a tough game.

Absolutely the worst offensive line play in the Kill-Claeys era. Where is Geordie Shaw when you really need him. Still not sold the OC either. Claey's new hires might be his down fall.

I thought the horrible play calls were the Limegrover runs up the middle?

Percent chance we hear a variation of this quote from TC:

"Anytime you're on the road in the B10; especially at a place like Lincoln; and you have a chance to win on the last possession you feel like you played pretty well".

I'll go 100%.

:cool:

Go Gophers!!

I think going for it on 4th and inches before the half is the definition of playing to win. Clays has taken more risk than most coaches this season, I think that's a clear indication he's playing to win.

This game is the perfect example of why the Claeys era has been so frustrating. They've been in every single game, some against really good opponents. And they just can't close it out. The rush defense was pretty good in the first half. Newby had 10 yards. Then it all slowly started to fall apart.

Bummer for sure, but I thought it was a fun game. Good effort by our boys, I think we're just a piece or two away from the next big step. We're good, getting better, still building towards a goal.

We need to make that jump soon because recruiting is going the way of a dumpster fire. If we don't start winning all of the coaching staff's hard work the last several years will be wasted.

Maybe the facilities will help too, but at some point in the near future we need to show a breakthrough. The next QB, whether it's Green or Croft, has to be a success.

Well - it is clear that ML played his way from a possible 1st round pick into an undrafted FA based on his prolific senior year. I wish there was an injury to blame or something for his regression versus knowing it is just due to him not being very good and horrible at making decisions.

The same people on here bitching each week how much we suck now pissed we don't control our destiny. This was never a B1G West championship team. We played even with Nebby today - the difference was #4. Honestly, nothing to hang our heads about tonight. Go Gophers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, we got very little movement on their defensive line. We lost the game when we could not get a firstdown when we had it 2nd and 2 in our second to last series. We should have went for it on 4th down, when we punted, we lost. Poor play calling and no movement from out O-line. Mitch is out the busting his a** but he's not a natural QB. I can't wait until we play a game and our QB is superior to our opponent's.

A pass call is fine, Leidner just has to take care of the football, has to!

Yup, the 50-year rebuilding program is progressing nicely. I figure we're about half way to making it back to the Rose Bowl.

Go, ahhh, never mind.

The bigger issue was we should NOT have been in a hurry. We had 20 yards to go, 2 timeouts and well over a minute (maybe two) to go. Why were we rushing the play and why didn't our 5th year QB understand the situation? That's the conundrum of this team.

This. The pace and play calling was working. That was not the problem. The pass was the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom