Gopher Football's Most Respectful Man

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per GopherSports:

DeLattiboudere said Ekpe is definitely a leader for the defensive line but in more ways than just on the field.

“Hank really is one of the most respectful people on this team. I can really say so. I am confident in that,” DeLattiboudere said.

Off the field Ekpe is well-mannered in his actions. He responds with, ‘yes sir’ or ‘yes ma’am’ to everybody he comes in contact with.

“It has always been like that. I thank my parents every day for raising me well and teaching me how to be respectful to others. Whether that be elders or peers. It goes a long way,” Ekpe said.

But that certainly changes on the field, right?

“No sir. I feel at the end of the day it doesn’t make you any less than somebody who trash talks if you show sportsmanship,” he said. “I have learned to understand that people have different personalities. It is not bad if somebody trash talks and it is not bad to be polite and respectful on the field. Do not let anybody change who you are.”

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/110316aaa.html

Go Gophers!!

The first fall practice I went to a good number of fans, including myself were standing along the sideline.
Early in the going, Hank walked down the line shaking the hand of everyone within reach with a "good morning, sir".
Very classy move and I was very impressed.

Also at practice Hank came over and chatted with my kid for a while.

Clearly a good team rep kinda guy.

Not the kinda thing that sells papers, but I'd love to see more articles like this. Granted, bad actions should be brought to light, but there are almost 100 kids on this team who are great student athletes and people. Tell us about the service, the character, the fun. I'd love the STrib, for example, to let me know what Mitch, Shannon, Rodney, etc do off the field. Anyway, thanks for sharing this!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Not the kinda thing that sells papers, but I'd love to see more articles like this. Granted, bad actions should be brought to light, but there are almost 100 kids on this team who are great student athletes and people. Tell us about the service, the character, the fun. I'd love the STrib, for example, to let me know what Mitch, Shannon, Rodney, etc do off the field. Anyway, thanks for sharing this!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Seriously, some good kid stories that aren't all about wins and losses or some perception or attendance ... how about some real world good stuff that happens?

Seriously, some good kid stories that aren't all about wins and losses or some perception or attendance ... how about some real world good stuff that happens?

agreed. you'd think the U would be pressing on some of the local papers to run things like that especially with the negative light that the men's basketball and the football team have been shone in

Top Bottom