Any chance the BTN guys show up for the NW game?

ChicagoGopher

Reaction score
Realize it is the poor man's ESPN Gameday and that it is weeks away but if we beat PU and/or NU, is that a big enough event to draw at least some amount of interest? Here's the rest of the schedule. . .

Nov. 19, 2016
Iowa at Illinois - Champaign, IL
Indiana at Michigan - Ann Arbor, MI
Ohio State at Michigan State - East Lansing, MI
Northwestern at Minnesota - Minneapolis, MN
Maryland at Nebraska - Lincoln, NE
Wisconsin at Purdue - West Lafayette, IN
Penn State at Rutgers - Piscataway, NJ

I thought the idea was to visit a different campus each week. With 13 weeks, one will be left out, hopefully not us.

OK - well if that is the case, then it looks more likely they could be here.

First six weeks were:

Sept. 24 – Munn Field at Michigan State University
Oct. 1 – Ed Weir Track; NE corner of Memorial Stadium at the University of Nebraska
Oct. 8 – RPAC (adjacent to the building) at Ohio State University
Oct. 15 – Mellencamp Pavilion (south end) at Indiana University
Oct. 22 – Krause Family Plaza (south end of Kinnick) at the University of Iowa
Oct. 29 – Grange Grove at the University of Illinois

And it looks like they've announced Michigan for November 5 and Wisconsin for November 12

So . .for the campuses scheduled for games that weekend we can check off Illinois, Michigan, MSU and NU leaving the choice as Minnesota, Purdue or Rutgers.

They'll probably wait for the weather forecast, lets be real.

Realize it is the poor man's ESPN Gameday and that it is weeks away but if we beat PU and/or NU, is that a big enough event to draw at least some amount of interest? Here's the rest of the schedule. . .

Nov. 19, 2016
Iowa at Illinois - Champaign, IL
Indiana at Michigan - Ann Arbor, MI
Ohio State at Michigan State - East Lansing, MI
Northwestern at Minnesota - Minneapolis, MN
Maryland at Nebraska - Lincoln, NE
Wisconsin at Purdue - West Lafayette, IN
Penn State at Rutgers - Piscataway, NJ

I'll admit it. I didn't even know this was a thing...

Nope, not coming. I'm not the guy who asked the question, but I saw this on Twitter last week.

Screenshot_20161102-155527.jpg

Let's beat Purdue, then worry about guests in 2 weeks. A thumping of the boilermakers makes the Gophers a much bigger story. If NW should beat Wisky this week and we take care of business in Lincoln our NW game could become a very big deal.

For now, though, let's just think about the trap game against Purdue! This is a very big test of our coaching staff's ability to keep this team focused on the business at hand.

Let's beat Purdue, then worry about guests in 2 weeks. A thumping of the boilermakers makes the Gophers a much bigger story. If NW should beat Wisky this week and we take care of business in Lincoln our NW game could become a very big deal.

For now, though, let's just think about the trap game against Purdue! This is a very big test of our coaching staff's ability to keep this team focused on the business at hand.

I don't play on the team so whatever I think has nothing to do with what happens on the field. I'll "worry" about whatever I want, Mr. Internet Police.

Looks like probably the most evenly matched game that week. Maybe with their new quarterback, Rutgers can give Penn State a game.

Top Bottom