SI Bowl Projections into the 9th week.....

Oh that is so much better than Santa Clara. Very nice!

Link to the projections: http://www.si.com/college-football/2016/11/01/bowl-projections-playoff-predictions

I like the optimism, but I'm not so sure they're following the rules. I do not believe Wisconsin and Penn State can make the Orange and Citrus in the same year, respectively. Per the bowl selection rules, Citrus gets to pick a B1G team if Orange does not:

CAPITAL ONE ORANGE BOWL (Miami, Fla.) or BUFFALO WILD WINGS CITRUS BOWL (Orlando, Fla.)
1. When not hosting a semifinal, the Orange Bowl will select the highest‐ranked team from the Big Ten, SEC or Notre Dame to face an ACC
team. The Big Ten is guaranteed a minimum of three Orange Bowl appearances over the 2014‐25 seasons.
2. The Big Ten Champion cannot play in the Orange Bowl.
3. If a Big Ten team is not selected by the Orange Bowl, the Citrus Bowl will submit a request for a Big Ten team.
4. The Citrus Bowl will feature at least five different Big Ten schools over the six‐year agreement.

Also, that's super optimistic to think the B1G will get four teams into playoff/NY6 bowls, given there are still two for sure matchups between those four teams (Nebraska @ Ohio State, Michigan @ Ohio State) and one probable matchup (B1G championship).

Outback Bowl. January 2: Minnesota vs Florida in Tampa:clap:

Gophers vs. Florida, in Florida. That would be a fun one.

I also find the projected Nebraska vs. Western Michigan super interesting. I would throw some money on the Broncos.

Link to the projections: http://www.si.com/college-football/2016/11/01/bowl-projections-playoff-predictions

I like the optimism, but I'm not so sure they're following the rules. I do not believe Wisconsin and Penn State can make the Orange and Citrus in the same year, respectively. Per the bowl selection rules, Citrus gets to pick a B1G team if Orange does not:

CAPITAL ONE ORANGE BOWL (Miami, Fla.) or BUFFALO WILD WINGS CITRUS BOWL (Orlando, Fla.)
1. When not hosting a semifinal, the Orange Bowl will select the highest‐ranked team from the Big Ten, SEC or Notre Dame to face an ACC
team. The Big Ten is guaranteed a minimum of three Orange Bowl appearances over the 2014‐25 seasons.
2. The Big Ten Champion cannot play in the Orange Bowl.
3. If a Big Ten team is not selected by the Orange Bowl, the Citrus Bowl will submit a request for a Big Ten team.
4. The Citrus Bowl will feature at least five different Big Ten schools over the six‐year agreement.

Also, that's super optimistic to think the B1G will get four teams into playoff/NY6 bowls, given there are still two for sure matchups between those four teams (Nebraska @ Ohio State, Michigan @ Ohio State) and one probable matchup (B1G championship).

You are correct. If a B1G team plays in the Orange Bowl, then the Citrus Bowl chooses a team from the ACC.

[URL="[/URL]

Top Bottom