Brian Smith?

Gopher07

Captain of Awesome
Reaction score
Not on the position chart vs Purdue or even the roster as of now - anyone know what's up?

Claeys just said on KFAN he had a violation of team rules and has been dismissed from the team.

Dismissed from team. Claeys on Radio Show. "Major Violation" of team rule.

Jeezo beezo, that sucks something fierce. Must have been a big f up.

I know he should have caught that pass in the first quarter, but dismissal seems a bit harsh!

Now maybe Melvin Holland will get a chance to drop as many passes as Brian Smith.

Yes too bad for him. Time for the senior Carter to step up. He should be healthy now and he has skills.

It sucks for the offense, Mitch, the entire team and us fans. He was playing really well as our clear #2 receiving target. He quickly became my favorite WR.

Of course it's too bad. But it's especially too bad for him. When these things happen I always think what a shame that this kid gave up something of inestimable value in exchange for a free moment of foolishness.

But be realistic - he isn't irreplaceable. We have guys on the roster who can pick up the slack, and recruits waiting in the wings. The absence of Smith is an opportunity for someone else.

Sounds like Smith was involved in some sort of fight.

I saw on twitter it was a "scuffle," then the tweet was deleted.

Interesting that they would kick him off the team so fast for that considering the sexual assault allegations of other plays, many of which play a much lesser or no role, even if they are just allegations.

Is anyone even surprised anymore when this stuff happens? Just one thing after the next with this program right now...

Good for coach. Let the line be drawn!

I'm confident our depth at the position will cause minimal drop off in production.

This sucks, he was a big athletic guy and seemed to click with mitch some. I wonder what he did, it's pretty interesting to get straight cut. Was he on scholarship? Maybe that's the difference between him and the RO guys, I'm too lazy to look up who is on scholarship and who isn't.

This sucks, he was a big athletic guy and seemed to click with mitch some. I wonder what he did, it's pretty interesting to get straight cut. Was he on scholarship? Maybe that's the difference between him and the RO guys, I'm too lazy to look up who is on scholarship and who isn't.

He isn't but he is just as big of a contributor if not bigger than the other guys. Plus kicking him off doesn't free up an open scholarship so I wouldn't think his walk-on status makes it any easier for the coaches to dismiss him.

Top Bottom