Our path to the Big Ten Title?

balds

Reaction score
A cursory glance and the remaining schedule yields an unlikely, yet possible path (would have been possible, I think even with a Nebraska win tonight). In fact, it would have been better for us if Nebraska won tonight. I think?

Nebraska loses at Ohio St.
Nebraska loses at Iowa
We beat Nebraska

Northwestern beats Wisconsin at home
We beat Northwestern

Iowa loses at Penn St.
Iowa loses vs. Michigan
Iowa beats Nebraska at home.

Wisconsin loses at Northwestern

Gophers beat Purdue
Gophers win at Nebraska
Gophers beat Northwestern at home.

Minnesota @ Wisconsin for the Big Ten West again.

quick look, not fact checked.

A cursory glance and the remaining schedule yields an unlikely, yet possible path (would have been possible, I think even with a Nebraska win tonight). In fact, it would have been better for us if Nebraska won tonight. I think?

Nebraska loses at Ohio St.
Nebraska loses at Iowa
We beat Nebraska

Northwestern beats Wisconsin at home
We beat Northwestern

Iowa loses at Penn St.
Iowa loses vs. Michigan
Iowa beats Nebraska at home.

Wisconsin loses at Northwestern

Gophers beat Purdue
Gophers win at Nebraska
Gophers beat Northwestern at home.

Minnesota @ Wisconsin for the Big Ten West again.

quick look, not fact checked.

Our path to the Big Ten title has been the exactly the same since we dropped the first 2 conference games. We need to win out. A season just like the one Iowa had last year was sitting there for the taking but we couldn't get the job done against PSU and Iowa.

You can play out a million different scenarios but it is highly unlikely we win the west with 3 Big Ten losses.

If we win out we will win the west.
A three way tie would be tricky maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

our path to the big ten title...

requires us to beat purdue next week so im down to focus on them - they fired their coach and will be dangerous like a wounded animal

our path to the big ten title...

requires us to beat purdue next week so im down to focus on them - they fired their coach and will be dangerous like a wounded animal

The Rutgers game was all the proof anyone should need that we can't take a team for granted. That said, Purdue is horrible and a team we should beat if we play anywhere close to the way we are capable of playing. We need to finish off this stretch of Big Ten bottom feeders at 4-0 and then we can see what happens over the final 3 games against what look like 3 very good teams (Northwestern has really turned things around after a slow start to the season and gave OSU all they could handle today).

The Gophers lost to PSU by three points and Iowa by a TD. Both of which could've gone either way.

So, they yeah have to win the remainder of their games to win the title.

Other than Purdue, the three remaining games will be the real test of how they stack up against the very best of the West.

Claeys had to burn a few red shirts and and add JC talent in order to be in contention. He had to cover injuries and players who are potential busts. Some of these guys may just need more time to develop, and I hope that they can contribute in their fourth or fifth year.

I would expect to see the team get better especially in D. This bode well for next year.

Being bowl eligible is a step in the right direction. The more of the remaining games they win the better it is for recruiting.

Why all the scenarios? We control our own destiny if Iowa loses 1 game.

I don't have the gaul to delve into possible scenarios in which we win the Big Ten West with three losses, although I'm confident it is physically possible.

Finally expectations! There is a lot of parity in the Big Ten. We expect and continue to to be competitive in every game. We were 5-7 last year and played Michigan to the horn. Enjoy November.

So does Nebraska

We control it in equivalent fashion to neb if Iowa loses. We best them and were ahead. Which I think is what op was getting at

We control it in equivalent fashion to neb if Iowa loses. We best them and were ahead. Which I think is what op was getting at

If Iowa runs the table with what they have left on their schedule (PSU, Mich, Neb) they deserve the West title.

Nebraska is only team that doesn't need any help. They go 8-1 and they win division.

Nebraska is squarely in the drivers seat especially since Ohio St. all the sudden looks very beatable.

If we win out we have a chance. I don't like needing help. I wish we would have beat Iowa so all our problems would be solved.

If we win out we have a chance. I don't like needing help. I wish we would have beat Iowa so all our problems would be solved.

If we win out, we are virtually assured of the winning the Big Ten West at 7-2. The only "help" we need is for one of PSU, NEB, MICH to beat Iowa (which will happen).

Top Bottom