Claeys predicts the Big Ten West title winner will finish with two conference losses.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per STrib:

• Gophers coach Tracy Claeys predicts the Big Ten West title winner will finish with two conference losses. While unstated, the prediction assumes undefeated Nebraska will lose at least one of these next two games at Wisconsin at Ohio State. This will definitely be a test for the Huskers, whose wins over Northwestern, Illinois, Indiana and Purdue have come by just a combined 44 points.

http://www.startribune.com/wisconsi...otan-replace-him-with-a-minnesotan/398938601/

Go Gophers!!

GH will be very mad at TC for saying this if it doesn't happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like Claeys is accepting that the Big Ten West Champ will be mediocre. :)

No genius prediction there, NE and WI at this point followed by NWA seem to be the best of the West.
A glance at their schedules suggests a two loss champ.
By Sunday it will all become more clear.

It actually should be a pretty interesting finish to the season in the West, and could go a lot of different ways

Nebraska (4-0) Remaining: @UW, @OSU, vs MN, vs MD, @Iowa
Northwestern (3-1) Remaining: @OSU, vs UW, @PUR, @MN, vs IL
Iowa (3-2) Remaining: @PSU, vs Mich, @IL, vs NEB
Minnesota (2-2) Remaining: @IL, vs PUR, @NEB, vs NW, @UW
Wisconsin (2-2) Remaining: vs NEB, @NW, vs IL, @PUR, vs MN
Purdue (1-3) Remaining: vs PSU, @MN, vs NW, vs UW, @IND
Illinois (1-3) Remaining: vs MN, vs MSU, @UW, vs Iowa, @NW

My guess, as a Badger homer, would be:

Wisconsin - 7-2
Nebraska - 7-2
Iowa - 5-4
Minnesota - 5-4
Northwestern - 5-4
Purdue - 1-8
Illinois - 1-8

It actually should be a pretty interesting finish to the season in the West, and could go a lot of different ways

Nebraska (4-0) Remaining: @UW, @OSU, vs MN, vs MD, @Iowa
Northwestern (3-1) Remaining: @OSU, vs UW, @PUR, @MN, vs IL
Iowa (3-2) Remaining: @PSU, vs Mich, @IL, vs NEB
Minnesota (2-2) Remaining: @IL, vs PUR, @NEB, vs NW, @UW
Wisconsin (2-2) Remaining: vs NEB, @NW, vs IL, @PUR, vs MN
Purdue (1-3) Remaining: vs PSU, @MN, vs NW, vs UW, @IND
Illinois (1-3) Remaining: vs MN, vs MSU, @UW, vs Iowa, @NW

My guess, as a Badger homer, would be:

Wisconsin - 7-2
Nebraska - 7-2
Iowa - 5-4
Minnesota - 5-4
Northwestern - 5-4
Purdue - 1-8
Illinois - 1-8

Northwestern maybe the thorn in the side for Becky. Other than that , I think you are right on. Might be a stretch for the Gophers at 5 wins in the B1G and a 8 win season.

Northwestern maybe the thorn in the side for Becky. Other than that , I think you are right on. Might be a stretch for the Gophers at 5 wins in the B1G and a 8 win season.

Agree about Northwestern, they seem to be a major thorn in UW's side even in the years when UW is clearly the more talented team. Throw in the terrible atmosphere at Ryan Field and it's ripe for an upset.

Shouldn't be a stretch at all. We should be favored in 3 of our remaining 5 games - if things go according to Vegas, we'll finish 8-4 (5-4).

Shouldn't be a stretch at all. We should be favored in 3 of our remaining 5 games - if things go according to Vegas, we'll finish 8-4 (5-4).

I read that as it being a stretch for MN to win the West, likely landing at 5 B1G wins. But I could be wrong.

I can see the Gophers favorites in the first two games but not the rest.
At NE and WI and who knows what NW shows up.

I can see the Gophers favorites in the first two games but not the rest.
At NE and WI and who knows what NW shows up.

Like I said, we should be favored in 3 of our 5 remaining games.

Win the next 2 and let the others stumble as they will

I am not so sure we will be favored against NW

3-loss West winner wouldn't be a shocker

Wouldn't be that surprised if there's a 3-loss West winner, perhaps even via a 3-team tiebreaker. That said, I don't see Wisconsin losing again. Someone (other than Nebraska) will have to knock off the Badgers along the way.

Wouldn't be that surprised if there's a 3-loss West winner, perhaps even via a 3-team tiebreaker. That said, I don't see Wisconsin losing again. Someone (other than Nebraska) will have to knock off the Badgers along the way.

Agreed. Either Wisconsin wins the division with 2 losses, or Nebraska wins with 1 or 0.

Gophers? :)

Top Bottom