STrib: Gophers' Reggie Lynch cleared for contact, could play in exhibition game

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

Reggie Lynch isn't being limited in practice any longer, which is a big step toward the junior center finally making his Gophers debut.

"Yesterday, he did 15 minutes of contact," Minnesota coach Richard Pitino said Tuesday at Gophers media day. "He was really good. It's now (being) patient, (getting) him ready. He's so eager to get back on the court. It's let’s not rush it. Let’s be patient. The biggest thing is let’s get you ready for the first game. Whatever (trainer) Ben Felz and the doctors tell us to do we're going to ease into it as much as we can."

The Gophers scrimmage against DePaul at home Saturday. But Pitino hopes Lynch can play for the first time in front of fans in the exhibition game Nov. 3 against Bemidji State.

"I want him to be 100 percent," Pitino said. "That's my biggest thing. That's more important than anything else, because he's going to have jitters. Not only has he not played in a year, but he came here to play for his home state. That means a lot to him. So he'll have those jitters. That's why I like those exhibition games to get that out of the way."

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...tact-could-play-in-exhibition-game/398622041/

Go Gophers!!

Good news. Stay focused on playing well and winning.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom