STrib: 5-1 Vikings vs. 5-2 Gophers: a massive gap in perception

I would rather barely win over Rutgers than what the Vikings did tonight.

Mwahaha... this thread popped into my head as I was watching the second dumpster fire in a row from the Vikings tonight.

I'm sure the masses will wake up tomorrow, realize they have been pinning their hopes to the wrong team, and will fill TCF Bank Stadium on Saturday. :)

I was about to watch the (recorded) game and happened to read this thread. That bad?

I was about to watch the (recorded) game and happened to read this thread. That bad?
Worse. The term "dumpster fire" is actually a little kind. The defense has been figured out and the offense has regressed.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Viking's offense may just be worse than the Gopher's at this point. Minnesota sports...Awesome.

The toughest thing about being a Gophers and Vikings fan is it feels like your watching the same team for 6 hours every weekend.

Viking's offense may just be worse than the Gopher's at this point. Minnesota sports...Awesome.

The biggest difference right now is that the Vikings offensive line and backfield has been decimated by injuries whereas the Gophers is mostly in tact. Bradford is good and he has some nice weapons in the passing game but tough to do anything in football at any level if your line can't protect you. Add in that with Asiata in the backfield you have basically zero threat of a running game and it gives the defense the ability to just tee off because they aren't worried about the running game.

Vikes are in a tough spot right now with the offense. The defense is very good even with what took place last night but the offense has some major problems that are going to be really difficult to fix unless maybe they can talk some non-contender like Cleveland into parting with a guy like Joe Thomas. Otherwise I am not sure how you fix that line, Long certainly isn't looking like a great solution at this point.

After last night it's wait for Saturday's game. Our purple folk's were really in the toilet.

Vikings have only made 6 playoff appearances since the year 2000 and that includes the year 2000.
2000, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2012, and 2015. Chew on that 3 playoff wins in 15 years! That is only six years out of 15 years and only two of those years resulted in them winning division titles and yet the Minnesota media Twin cities in particular reign praise on the Vikings like they are playoff contenders every year. The Twin cities media continues to spin the myth that the Vikings are way more successful than they are because they are ratings winners and people love pro football in this town whether it be Vikings or Packers.

That Vikings playoff record puts things in real perspective on what perception and reality really are.

In that time frame they have three playoff appearance wins and seven playoff appearance losses with two conference title losses. Quite the record of futility in the playoffs. At the same time teams like the Wild, Twins and Gophers football get ripped to shreds for all of their playoff losses or bowl appearances and the media spins it like those teams appearances in the playoffs were meaningless or didn't matter that much. Every year we hear about another Gophers "toilet" bowl appearance(Reusse, Soucheray, Zulgad, Barrerio, Sansevere, PA, Dan Cole) rip every Gophers bowl game as meaningless and futile.

Think there is not a media bias in the Twin cities about how each Sports franchises are treated then think again. They claim it is all people driven but yet the media spin in Minnesota has the Vikings being far much more successful than they recently have been.

I liked the Vikings a lot more until Zygi Wilf cried poor and extorted a half billion dollars out Minnesota of taxpayers so that he could make Zygi world a reality(and line his pockets). Don't like the owner of the Vikings and I especially don't like their radio guy PA(What a carnival barker) who constantly schills and oversells the Vikings as the best thing going. Gophers get pounced on by the Twin Cities media for everything negative and the Vikings are treated with Kid gloves when things go wrong.

Vikings barely beat a poor team in the season opener in the Titans and had a really bad offense and you barely heard two peeps about it from the sports media in this town. Gambling dollars also play a role in media coverage, always have always will.

Vikings have only made 6 playoff appearances since the year 2000 and that includes the year 2000.
2000, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2012, and 2015. Chew on that 3 playoff wins in 15 years! That is only six years out of 15 years and only two of those years resulted in them winning division titles and yet the Minnesota media Twin cities in particular reign praise on the Vikings like they are playoff contenders every year. The Twin cities media continues to spin the myth that the Vikings are way more successful than they are because they are ratings winners and people love pro football in this town whether it be Vikings or Packers.

That Vikings playoff record puts things in real perspective on what perception and reality really are.

In that time frame they have three playoff appearance wins and seven playoff appearance losses with two conference title losses. Quite the record of futility in the playoffs. At the same time teams like the Wild, Twins and Gophers football get ripped to shreds for all of their playoff losses or bowl appearances and the media spins it like those teams appearances in the playoffs were meaningless or didn't matter that much. Every year we hear about another Gophers "toilet" bowl appearance(Reusse, Soucheray, Zulgad, Barrerio, Sansevere, PA, Dan Cole) rip every Gophers bowl game as meaningless and futile.

Think there is not a media bias in the Twin cities about how each Sports franchises are treated then think again. They claim it is all people driven but yet the media spin in Minnesota has the Vikings being far much more successful than they recently have been.

I liked the Vikings a lot more until Zygi Wilf cried poor and extorted a half billion dollars out Minnesota taxpayers so that he could make Zygi world a reality. Don't like the owner of the Vikings and I especially don't like their radio guy PA(What a carnival barker) who constantly schills and oversells the Vikings as the best thing going. Gophers get pounced on by the Twin Cities media for everything negative and the Vikings are treated with Kid gloves when things go wrong.

Vikings barely beat a poor team in the season opener in the Titans and had a really bad offense and you barely heard two peeps about it from the sports media in this town.

Yep, I agree duder. I think I heard that the Twins winning percentage over the past 15 years is actually higher than the Vikes but that might have been prior to this year.

Top Bottom