Gophers open as 6 point favorit

I'm shocked by that line. When is the last time we were that big a favorite on the road in the conference?? Hope Vegas is right this week. They were sure as hell wrong last week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm shocked by that line. When is the last time we were that big a favorite on the road in the conference?? Hope Vegas is right this week. They were sure as hell wrong last week!

Blame that one on the bettors. Last Friday, even with the spread being between 18-19 points, 96% of the money was on the Gophers. :eek:

Using my Phil Steele magazines, I can only go back to 09, but the only time they were favored by more than a field goal on the road was when they were -4 at Illinois in 2014.

I'm assuming that this means both of the top 2 Illini QBs are out again?

It's either George Jr. or Wes, suggesting he may come back from the back injury

I would have thought @Purdue 2015 or @Illinois 2014, but I think those were only 3.5 and 4 respectively from what I saw. Even our "good" seasons, 2013 and 2014, seemed to be mostly either winning at home or winning as underdogs. No big road favorites.

9.5 point-favorites at most places that have a line.

9.5 point-favorites at most places that have a line.
Big jump from opening. Who are these people betting on MN to cover on the road after last week's debacle? Perhaps the Illinois QB situation is worse than we know?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Why did the line steam to -9 this afternoon? It doesn't look like anything was announced related to either teams QB situation.

Why did the line steam to -9 this afternoon? It doesn't look like anything was announced related to either teams QB situation.

My guess is someone knows Lunt isn't playing, but that is just my theory on this line move.

It didn't. It opened at 10 at all those books.

Top Bottom