Leidner's Arm Okay?

everybody knows my name

Freakishly Hyperintelligent
Reaction score
I don't see Mitch making strong throws. His tosses have looked soft and wobbly the last couple of games (Iowa and Rutgers), and (no stats to back this up) it seems like the Gophers have run the ball excessively, including in passing situations.

Am I the only one thinking there might be an undisclosed arm or shoulder injury in play?

Yes, I think he may have injured it in 2013 and has never been the same since!

(sorry, you can't throw a ball that soft and not expect someone to take a whack at it). :)

I don't see Mitch making strong throws. His tosses have looked soft and wobbly the last couple of games (Iowa and Rutgers), and (no stats to back this up) it seems like the Gophers have run the ball excessively, including in passing situations.

Am I the only one thinking there might be an undisclosed arm or shoulder injury in play?

Just took a look at 2014 highlights- Michigan, Iowa and Nebraska. To me it does seem like he had more zip back then.

He has a strong arm as witnessed by the ball he put in Stills' hands last Saturday, but his footwork and release aren't that good. I've always liked his ability to throw downfield, but on straight drops he can usually get his feet set. That said, his accuracy isn't that great and that is often exacerbated on short and mid-range routes when his footwork is iffy.

Top Bottom