Use Wisconsin's Model

Who said that? As I've stated repeatedly, we paid our head coach $2.5 million less than one year ago.
See.....you said 2.5M less which means that one year ago our coach was making 2.5M more.

Dear Lord...reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, eh?
Well what are you trying to say?

I am simply trying to get a baseline of how much we think will be spent on our next head coach.

All I did was quote you. How am I supposed to read this?

At this point in time given the finances of the MN AD with debt for the Stadium Village,loss of revenue in FB and BB ticket sales and possible new HC in FB and BB there are very limited possibilities for home run in either sports.

What a surprise, the Wisconsin troll is telling us that the path to success is to be more like Wisconsin.

We'll just hire away Wisconsin's entire athletic department and have them yell at our players to win more games, and we'll take hostages and force them to go to football games to get our attendance up, and we'll just make College Gameday come here, ya know, because we want them to.

He left out the part about the head coach impregnating a student. He left out the part about the head coach and his top assistant pimping out the same women in exchange for the future head coach position. He left out the part about the successor leaving town because his wife got sick of having to see all is old "conquests" on a daily basis (Madison is a small, small town). Other than that, dead on.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Tough break. I never wish kids ill & hope he recovers. But, just another reason why we just need to play the season out....

That is a HUGE loss for Wisconsin. Cichy really has become one heck of a player. He's another one of those Wisconsin walk-ons (along with Dare Ogunbawale and Troy Fumagalli on this year's team) who has gone on to great success.

That's one aspect of Wisconsin's program which could possibly be emulated, their heavy, heavy emphasis upon their walk-on program to produce players which will ultimately contribute on their two deeps rather than be mostly fodder for their scout teams or special teams as is the case at most other programs. I mean they really look deeply at players whom are under-recruited and/or overlooked to try and see who might be able to contribute, and they have had a fantastic degree of success with that. Joe Schobert was a great example of that- so lightly regarded out of Waukesha that not only did he not receive any FBS offers, but he couldn't even garner any FCS offers and as a result planned to walk on at North Dakota prior to Bielema calling him up and telling him he'd have a place at Wisconsin, and then of course Schobert gets into that program, totally blows up and ultimately becomes one of the best LBers not only in the B10 but in all of college football before being drafted into the NFL in the 4th round.

Beyond Nebraska and K-State, I can't think of any teams in football which have so heavily emphasized and benefited from their walk-on programs than Wisky has, as I believe Wisconsin has sent 14 or 16 of those players on to the NFL in the past dozen years or so. Alvarez himself has said that their walk-on program has been the difference for Wisconsin since his arrival, and with the likes of Jim Leonhard, JJ Watt, Jared Abbrederis and on and on and on, it would seem the results of that strategy pretty much speak for themselves.

He left out the part about the head coach impregnating a student. He left out the part about the head coach and his top assistant pimping out the same women in exchange for the future head coach position. He left out the part about the successor leaving town because his wife got sick of having to see all is old "conquests" on a daily basis (Madison is a small, small town). Other than that, dead on.

Don't forget about this classy act

chadima.jpg

Well what are you trying to say?

I am simply trying to get a baseline of how much we think will be spent on our next head coach.

All I did was quote you. How am I supposed to read this?

Pretty sure he's saying Kill's income in his last year was 2.5 mil. Not that hard to understand from what he wrote.

Pretty sure he's saying Kill's income in his last year was 2.5 mil. Not that hard to understand from what he wrote.
Pretty sure? He could have just said we paided Kill 2.5m last year. The word "less" being used the way it is refers to the dollar amount preceeding it. Which says less as in fewer.

But.....how much money do you think we can spend on a new head coach? Then how much will we have for the remaining coaching staff?

stupid to follow the 'wisconsin' model - if you wanna do better get your own thing dont copy others.

Pretty sure? He could have just said we paided Kill 2.5m last year. The word "less" being used the way it is refers to the dollar amount preceeding it. Which says less as in fewer.

But.....how much money do you think we can spend on a new head coach? Then how much will we have for the remaining coaching staff?

The 'less than' refers to the time frame, not the dollar amount.

Why would I say that we paided Kill 2.5m last year? That's not even a word.

"Less than one year ago, we paid our head coach $2.5 million." Is that easier for you to comprehend?

Why would I say that we paided Kill 2.5m last year? That's not even a word.

"Less than one year ago, we paid our head coach $2.5 million." Is that easier for you to comprehend?
4 is less than 8

Nothing wrong with looking at more successful programs and seeing how they operate. And Wisconsin is a more successful program than MN.

I was living in WI during the Don Morton years, when the team was struggling and attendance was way down. the turn-around was not due to any one factor- but a combination of factors - new school president, new AD, new coach and a complete attitude change. is that possible at the U of MN - yes, but it will take a coordinated plan, and complete support from the Administration and the various higher-ups at the U of MN. Sid has told the story about 4,000 times about Alvarez coming into WI and meeting with individual faculty members to deal with their concerns.

Bottom line - if the U of MN is ever going to become a top-flight FB program, it will take a complete commitment from all levels of the University. Up to now, that commitment has not existed, for a variety of reasons. Is it possible - yes! will it happen - no idea.

Give it up you can't out Dpo Dpo

Nothing wrong with looking at more successful programs and seeing how they operate. And Wisconsin is a more successful program than MN.

I was living in WI during the Don Morton years, when the team was struggling and attendance was way down. the turn-around was not due to any one factor- but a combination of factors - new school president, new AD, new coach and a complete attitude change. is that possible at the U of MN - yes, but it will take a coordinated plan, and complete support from the Administration and the various higher-ups at the U of MN. Sid has told the story about 4,000 times about Alvarez coming into WI and meeting with individual faculty members to deal with their concerns.

Bottom line - if the U of MN is ever going to become a top-flight FB program, it will take a complete commitment from all levels of the University. Up to now, that commitment has not existed, for a variety of reasons. Is it possible - yes! will it happen - no idea.
So the first step is identifying the person to start this process. Can we find this person and pay him what ever he wants or is there a cap on how much we can spend?

The one person that you identify as a change agent is Kaler.

Ok. How do we start our own thing? Who is the coach that gets it started?

look at league trends - nfl is becoming a passing league, so why not invest a lot of coaching/training into developing elite DBs? we've had a marked improvement in secondary play since the mason defenses and its made us more competitive when the offense sputtered so lets go all in and keep that going. offensively i say go after a QB guru - someone who will meaningfully develop young QBs over the course of the career while being able to get effective play out from them early if necessary (injury, transfers etc)

i would love to be known as a ball hawking secondary factory that develops strong QBs because those same signal callers are going up against great corners and safeties day in and out in practice. you with me?

look at league trends - nfl is becoming a passing league, so why not invest a lot of coaching/training into developing elite DBs? we've had a marked improvement in secondary play since the mason defenses and its made us more competitive when the offense sputtered so lets go all in and keep that going. offensively i say go after a QB guru - someone who will meaningfully develop young QBs over the course of the career while being able to get effective play out from them early if necessary (injury, transfers etc)

i would love to be known as a ball hawking secondary factory that develops strong QBs because those same signal callers are going up against great corners and safeties day in and out in practice. you with me?
What about a guy like Ed Lamb from BYU? Defensive background and they seem to be fairly ball hawkish. Maybe he can bring a Polynesian assistant with him. This could open a door to Polynesian players.

Maybe we can land a guy like Tony Franklin from Middle Tennessee to the offensive coordinator.

I think this type of combination would be a good change and affordable for the University. Hopefully it would give us an identity which it feels like we lack now.

What about a guy like Ed Lamb from BYU? Defensive background and they seem to be fairly ball hawkish. Maybe he can bring a Polynesian assistant with him. This could open a door to Polynesian players.

Maybe we can land a guy like Tony Franklin from Middle Tennessee to the offensive coordinator.

I think this type of combination would be a good change and affordable for the University. Hopefully it would give us an identity which it feels like we lack now.

not only would it be an identity, it would be ours.it we would be unique in the B1G for those kind of strengths and it would also make us more competitive against spread leagues like Pac-12/BigXII.

offensively i would like a more pro-style approach for the sake of QB development.

not only would it be an identity, it would be ours.it we would be unique in the B1G for those kind of strengths and it would also make us more competitive against spread leagues like Pac-12/BigXII.

offensively i would like a more pro-style approach for the sake of QB development.
I would like having a really tough D. Defense travels and allows teams hang and beat better teams.

Not sure how many QB gurus are out there running pro style systems.

Wait so you want a pro style approach and good DBs...

I would like having a really tough D. Defense travels and allows teams hang and beat better teams.

Not sure how many QB gurus are out there running pro style systems.

And you want a tough D?

Didn't Kill preach these things a long with a strong offensive line since day 1?
DB's are what Kill/Claeys have put the most of into the NFL.

And you want a tough D?

Didn't Kill preach these things a long with a strong offensive line since day 1?
And yet we gave up 32 to Rutgers. The same Rutgers that has scored 27 against the other 5 D1 teams they have played.
I want better over all defense and wake me when we have a first or second round draft pick.

idc what he's preaching i care what he's producing - our DBs are better and that show's with the numbers we've had drafted and put in the league.

its obvious zebrowski was a **** QB coach so let's go out and find someone who can mentor QBs and get that position group to respectability. if we are good at passing and defending the pass we'll have comeback mechanics like picks and vertical threats. right now our team plays from a large disadvantage when behind in the 2nd half of games

idc what he's preaching i care what he's producing - our DBs are better and that show's with the numbers we've had drafted and put in the league.

its obvious zebrowski was a **** QB coach so let's go out and find someone who can mentor QBs and get that position group to respectability. if we are good at passing and defending the pass we'll have comeback mechanics like picks and vertical threats. right now our team plays from a large disadvantage when behind in the 2nd half of games
As for qb coach. What is the older Brohm doing?

Top Bottom