Bye Claeys

John Galt

Reaction score
Absolutely pathetic in every way

Hmmm..... The bandwagon is not as spacious as it used to be.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I said this in the gamethread, but I feel the same way as I did after Mason fluked out that win against NDSU. The signs aren't good.

If he miraculously managed 8 wins he should still be fired. Loss today should of been fired immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There certainly are some red flags developing.

If he is even remotely connected to the defense, he should fired with that performance. That set Gopher football back 30 years. Didn't tackle, didn't defend. Spent most of the game looking at the sideline either looking for signals or hoping to get replaced. Absolutely pathetic. Rutgers score wth the safety playing off 11 yds.. -and then run a slant. 11 yds. might be all right at midfield, but not when the ball is inside the 20.

Tracy "10 wins" just said we are rebuilding in his press conference. Lol. Can't make it up.

Can't wait to see how his sorry recruiting class makes us any better.

Tracy "10 wins" just said we are rebuilding in his press conference. Lol. Can't make it up.

Can't wait to see how his sorry recruiting class makes us any better.

So we have gone from the best team talent wise since they have been at Minnesota to rebuilding....yep....he sees the writing on the wall and is grasping at straws.

I have to laugh. I remember two years ago when Kill had his seizures and Claeys led us to a couple of victories people were saying we'd better lock him up before someone else got him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gophers just can't put teams away. 21 pts in first quarter, then a big slowdown. I predicted a close game because I thought Rutgers had nothing to lose and the new QB would give them some zip, which he did - but never imagined we'd have to come back with a last second field goal to beat the worst team in the B14. This makes IL, NW, WI and NE look very tough.

This is Smokey Joe Salem all over again.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

So what's the direction everyone's expecting now? If we get another win and snag a bowl does Coyle move on to another coach after that? If this type of play keeps up I think it's possible.

So what's the direction everyone's expecting now? If we get another win and snag a bowl does Coyle move on to another coach after that? If this type of play keeps up I think it's possible.

Expecting? Probably a contract extension followed by firing him the following year.

Hoping? Fire him tomorrow.

They'll allow him to finish the year, obviously. Win the next two, plus one of the last 3 (and don't get embarrassed in the losses), he'll get extended. No way MN fires a coach after an 8 win season, regardless of how unimpressive.

Lose one of the next two and get embarrassed in any remaining game, he's gone...even with 6 or 7 wins.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

They'll allow him to finish the year, obviously. Win the next two, plus one of the last 3 (and don't get embarrassed in the losses), he'll get extended. No way MN fires a coach after an 8 win season, regardless of how unimpressive.

Lose one of the next two and get embarrassed in any remaining game, he's gone...even with 6 or 7 wins.

6-6 is staring us in the face and 5-7 isn't out of the realm of possibility. Purdue is beating Nebraska right now, Illinois is on the road. The last 4 teams will be favored by 10+.

I have a feeling Mark Coyle made a decision on Claeys a while back. We will have a new head coach next season. Just my opinion.

6-6 is staring us in the face and 5-7 isn't out of the realm of possibility. Purdue is beating Nebraska right now, Illinois is on the road. The last 4 teams will be favored by 10+.
Oh I agree with you 100%. I'm going to the Illinois game next week and fully expect to lose. And unless Hardin and Buford are back, the Purdue game is a toss-up. I'm not predicting what will happen in the games...I'm just laying out scenarios and what I think would happen in those cases. So yeah...

Although I will say this: the season is eerily similar to 2013. Lackluster non-con, two bad losses to open B1G games, but beat teams we should plus Nebraska and NW and end up with 8 wins. Good team, no, but 8 wins...and most ppl were pretty pumped. I wouldn't be if that happened again...

Oh I agree with you 100%. I'm going to the Illinois game next week and fully expect to lose. And unless Hardin and Buford are back, the Purdue game is a toss-up. I'm not predicting what will happen in the games...I'm just laying out scenarios and what I think would happen in those cases. So yeah...

Although I will say this: the season is eerily similar to 2013. Lackluster non-con, two bad losses to open B1G games, but beat teams we should plus Nebraska and NW and end up with 8 wins. Good team, no, but 8 wins...and most ppl were pretty pumped. I wouldn't be if that happened again...

The difference to me is we won some Big Ten games because we dominated on the offensive line. Our offensive line this year is offensive all right. So I would be very surprised to see them dominate anyone the rest of the way. Obviously, anyone can play a game like Maryland did last week and give us a win, but you can't expect more of those.

You think Purdue will be favored by 10+ points on the road?

You think Purdue will be favored by 10+ points on the road?

Sorry, for some reason my bad memory had 4 games after Illinois and Purdue. I'm wrong. I think we'll be 10+ dogs to Northwestern, Wisconsin and Nebraska...

I'm torn at this point? I find my thinking to be similar re Claeys situation with this as I do with Leidner. I want him to be good or even above average but the product on the field is disappointing.

Start playing with discipline, run up some impressive wins, play respectably down the stretch he might have a chance. If this garbage we saw today, and really most of the season thus far continues he might be gone even if we squeak out 3 more wins. Sometimes the win loss column is not reflective of reality.

Right now we've the seond WORSE QB in the B1G. Even the freshman from Maryland is better than Mitch. MSU QB situation is worse.

Right now we've the seond WORSE QB in the B1G. Even the freshman from Maryland is better than Mitch. MSU QB situation is worse.[/QUOTER

I've been a borderline Mitch apologist for the last 2 years, but he hasn't improved and has likely regressed overall. He isn't the running threat he used to be. Rutgers QB today was probably better than Mitch. Let that sink in.

Ya'll do realize if those kids weren't suspended against Penn St we would have won there and if they were allowed to have played today the story would have been different as well. If Hardin, Buford etc are back for the rest of the season I still think we win 9 games. Carry on!

Since when have the Gophers been better than average? Just kick back and realize we are the Indiana of the West.
No great coach will touch us with a ten foot pole and no up and coming coach can break .500 at Minnesota.
Take the win today and hope for a win next week. It's the best you can ask for.

I've been a borderline Mitch apologist for the last 2 years, but he hasn't improved and has likely regressed overall. He isn't the running threat he used to be. Rutgers QB today was probably better than Mitch. Let that sink in.

Not saying Leidner played well today but didn't you notice how wide open their receivers were compared to ours most of the time? The Rutgers QB didn't really have to make tough throws. Our receivers were running into each other for crying out loud.

Top Bottom