Leidner to Start Against Rutgers

Bryce Webster

Reaction score
No sense in asking how I know, but feel free to argue the legitimacy of my source amongst yourselves.

Get your money in on the Gophers before Vegas gets wind that the 1st rounder is back!

Good scoop, Bryce. I had heard the same late yesterday but couldn't confirm.

This is going to upset the great minds on social media that thought Rhoda proved last week that he was the far superior QB.

This is going to upset the great minds on social media that thought Rhoda proved last week that he was the far superior QB.

7/15, 82 yards, 1TD, and a QBR... wait for it... wait for it... 38.3! Far far superior. We still shouldn't have a problem beating rutgers with him in there, but I like our chances better with Leidner.

7/15, 82 yards, 1TD, and a QBR... wait for it... wait for it... 38.3! Far far superior. We still shouldn't have a problem beating rutgers with him in there, but I like our chances better with Leidner.

13-33, 166 yard, 0 TD's, 2 INT's, and a QBR... wait for it... wait for it... 8.2!

I mean if we're just using last game numbers as a barometer, make sure you don't leave that out.

lol using stats to defend Leidners superiority. That tells you how bad at QB we are....... still.....

christ.

So defending the read option is probably not a priority for RU. But not a concern with Rhoda back there either. Hope ML will be able to connect with our TE's rather than using them for pass pro. Hope we can rush for 250+ and take the pressure off ML.

13-33, 166 yard, 0 TD's, 2 INT's, and a QBR... wait for it... wait for it... 8.2!

I mean if we're just using last game numbers as a barometer, make sure you don't leave that out.

Please provide other game stats for Rhoda otherwise I'll use Leidner's single best game as a comparison because it makes as much sense as what you just did.

His stats were pretty good until the Iowa game.

The 5th year Senior is averaging under 6 yards per attempt and has 1 TD and 4 INT's vs FBS opponents.

Take a deep breath and trust me on this, people criticizing that level of play from a QB is ok, it doesn't make them any less of a Gophers fan, it doesn't mean they won't cheer on Saturday no matter who starts under center. It will all be fine.

The 5th year Senior is averaging under 6 yards per attempt and has 1 TD and 4 INT's vs FBS opponents.

Take a deep breath and trust me on this, people criticizing that level of play from a QB is ok, it doesn't make them any less of a Gophers fan, it doesn't mean they won't cheer on Saturday no matter who starts under center. It will all be fine.

I was only defending that Rhoda was not superior. Mitch will still end the season as an average QB in the B1G. He seems to have 1 really bad game each year and hopefully iowa this year was that game and he can go on a streak like he did down the stretch last year. Our next few games look ripe for that picking. He better get his stats up now before the last 3 games.

Seems like a dumb move by the staff. Play him only if we are losing and make sure he is OK for the meaningful games. Get Rhoda some more experience for next year.
Luck O da Gopher...........he takes a shot and is lost for the season with a second concussion.

All you Leidner haters will be eating sh*t tomorrow. This game is going to be the difference between Mid-First Round and Late First Round. Time to pad the stats.....

I know many folks don't care for Leidner, but not sure how anyone could think Rhoda was anything special either. Neither is taking us to the promised land. Leidner is the senior with all the experience, it's best he finishes the season for us...

Seems like a dumb move by the staff. Play him only if we are losing and make sure he is OK for the meaningful games. Get Rhoda some more experience for next year.
Luck O da Gopher...........he takes a shot and is lost for the season with a second concussion.
Same apply to all starters? We don't want to lose any to injury, so let them sit as well? That is, unless we are losing.

That is some elite coaching right there.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Same apply to all starters? We don't want to lose any to injury, so let them sit as well? That is, unless we are losing.

That is some elite coaching right there.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

What other starters play a position as important QB and are also only 1 day clear of passing the concussion protocol? I'll wait

Just to get the story straight, I think that computes to a rating of 86.0 (NFL) and 114.6 (NCAA).

Please provide other game stats for Rhoda otherwise I'll use Leidner's single best game as a comparison because it makes as much sense as what you just did.
It would be interesting to compare Leidner's first game starting with Rhoda's first game starting.

Like I stated yesterday on another thread, if Mitch passes protocol, and wants to play, he WILL get the start.

There is really very little reason for any debate.

Like I stated yesterday on another thread, if Mitch passes protocol, and wants to play, he WILL get the start.

There is really very little reason for any debate.

I would say a severe brain injury is plenty of reason to at least debate. Especially with the opponent they are playing

I would say a severe brain injury is plenty of reason to at least debate. Especially with the opponent they are playing

This is what the "protocol" is for, and it is fairly aggressive in the direction of player safety.
My understanding is that Mitch has practiced at a fairly high level and progressed through the protocol.
You are going to want him to be game tested going into Champaign next week.

Leidner Island will be fully inhabited once again after tomorrow's performance!

Huh? You play you best and most experienced players. RU is not a gimmee game. I hope our guys don't think that way.

Put ML out there and hope it results in a W. Then play the #2's if we can.

Top Bottom