MSU's Gavin Schilling to have knee surgery

Some of these MSU guys seem like they've been around forever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schilling was another guy Tubby just barely missed on that would likely have changed the way he exited. Hayes and Shilling were two of the final bigs he tried to recruit in his last season that commited just before the season started if I recall correctly.

I think thats why some of us feel like he's been around forever, given we talked about him for a year prior to him showing up there.

Schilling was another guy Tubby just barely missed on that would likely have changed the way he exited. Hayes and Shilling were two of the final bigs he tried to recruit in his last season that commited just before the season started if I recall correctly.

I think thats why some of us feel like he's been around forever, given we talked about him for a year prior to him showing up there.

Schilling was a spring recruit. Him Foster and Ellis were all high school teamates at one point. I think Tubby tried to play that angle

Schilling was a spring recruit. Him Foster and Ellis were all high school teamates at one point. I think Tubby tried to play that angle

Can't remember if it was Marcus or Ryan James, nor do I even remember the context for the comment so take this with a grain of salt. (Think it may have been Amelia's article about what the roster would have looked like if we had stayed with Tubby.) But I remember one of them saying that Schilling had a visit planned here that spring even after he committed to Mich St, and that many were optimistic Schilling would flip to the Gophers, largely due to the Foster and Ellis connections. Anyways, not relevant right now, but this guy was pretty close to being a Gopher. This might cause me to drop MSU down a notch or two in my predictions. They were already really thin in the frontcourt. Their only two healthy guys taller than 6-6 are a 6-7 freshman and a 6-8 freshman.

Top Bottom