Schedules Complete through 2019, Georgia Southern Added.

So you're saying we will start out with a blowout win in the opener, but lose to Fresno State or Purdue?

The last time I broke down possible Fresno State recruits over the next couple years I was pretty impressed. I think that could be a hell of a game come 2019. I'm predicting 21-17 Gophers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, this will not be an easy game. They have played Georgia close a couple of times and hung with Ga Tech last week. Georgia Southern is a quality program with national title tradition, a triple option offense and they have upset some name foes. See Florida a couple of years ago in Gainesville. If this was about scheduling a team from Georgia to help increase our recruiting base in that state I would have rather arranged a home and home with Georgia Tech. I don't think playing the Eagles at TCF helps us any more in recruiting than what we do now. Taking the Gophers and the Big 10 into the heart of ACC/SEC country and metro Atlanta however would draw eyeballs to our program by locals in the metro area which we are recruiting hard.

Then again, this may have nothing to do with recruiting and everything to do with Ga Southern being the only team they could line up. Who knows????

Yeah, I'm already uneasy about this game. I hope the SDSU and Georgia State games can at least be swapped. Better to play a triple option in the opener than the third game.

What the hell...

As both a University of Minnesota graduate and University of Georgia grad...the Bulldogs are down...so lets play a home-and-home with them.

I'd enjoy hosting a tailgate for my Bulldawg brethren before hopefully a competitive contest...and certainly would enjoy the reciprocal tailgate "Between The Hedges" with them.

As an aside what most Minnesotans don't know was that a lot of Georgians were closet Vikings fans due to Fran Tarkenton's hometown connections in Georgia. He went to high school in Athens, and was QB for UGA when they won the SEC Championship in 1959. The Falcons of course didn't offer much but still Tarkenton's UGA connection was real. Most of these folks are very old now but it was real at the time. Go figure.

So, now that Minnesota has this "Georgia Pipeline" lets go into the heart of Bulldog Country and convince some more kids to come North...

Dreaming big and just say'in...

JFC

What kind of state is this program in that people are worried about playing Georgia in 2019?

Wait...It's Georgia Southern in 2019 and we're still worried? What the actual ****?

All kidding aside:

What the actual ****?

Forget all this. INDIANA is coming to TCF Bank Stadium in 2018. Finally!!!

No, this will not be an easy game. They have played Georgia close a couple of times and hung with Ga Tech last week. Georgia Southern is a quality program with national title tradition, a triple option offense and they have upset some name foes.

When the Gophers scheduled the Oregon State series, they were 10-4 and snapped USC's 38 game regular season winning streak.

JFC

What kind of state is this program in that people are worried about playing Georgia in 2019?

Wait...It's Georgia Southern in 2019 and we're still worried? What the actual ****?

All kidding aside:

What the actual ****?

What we r saying, or what I'm saying actually, is that Georgia Southern is much closer to NDSU than Indiana State. They r a good program. It won't be a game u can sleep walk through and win easily. Hopefully by 2019 Clayes has this team to a point where that game won't be competitive and we roll but, , if they played today I wouldn't be shocked if it was a field goal game. Southern can play football.

Personally, if I wanted southern exposure and was willing to play an option team I'd have preferred playing Tech, but that may not have been an option.

What we r saying, or what I'm saying actually, is that Georgia Southern is much closer to NDSU than Indiana State. They r a good program. It won't be a game u can sleep walk through and win easily. Hopefully by 2019 Clayes has this team to a point where that game won't be competitive and we roll but, , if they played today I wouldn't be shocked if it was a field goal game. Southern can play football.

Personally, if I wanted southern exposure and was willing to play an option team I'd have preferred playing Tech, but that may not have been an option.

No actually they are not close to either because those are FCS schools and Georgia Southern is a FBS school.

Fans of a Big Ten program worried about playing a Sun Belt program is just sad.

No actually they are not close to either because those are FCS schools and Georgia Southern is a FBS school.

I assume you have broken down the recruiting rankings and that is why you aren't worried.

As far as the scheduling of Fresno State - this is from Joe C in the Strib:

The Big Ten has mandated that members schedule one Power Five nonconference foe per season. Oregon State checks that box for the Gophers in 2017. And the Big Ten has made an exception for independents such as BYU and Notre Dame and certain members of the American Athletic Conference and Mountain West, including Fresno State.

“Otherwise we wouldn’t have done that,” Claeys said. “[The Big Ten] has to approve it.”

So, that explains why Fresno State is on the schedule instead of a "Power 5" team.

Georgia Southern was 1AA thru 2013 so they're new to FBS. It seems they changed divisions at the same time the terminology changed.

As far as the scheduling of Fresno State - this is from Joe C in the Strib:

The Big Ten has mandated that members schedule one Power Five nonconference foe per season. Oregon State checks that box for the Gophers in 2017. And the Big Ten has made an exception for independents such as BYU and Notre Dame and certain members of the American Athletic Conference and Mountain West, including Fresno State.

“Otherwise we wouldn’t have done that,” Claeys said. “[The Big Ten] has to approve it.”

So, that explains why Fresno State is on the schedule instead of a "Power 5" team.

Thank you! Been driving me nuts lol

Enough of the Georgia Directional predictions. No one on GH can get an outcome predicted next week let alone three seasons from now. GS could be on probation by then. Don't think that UG and GT haven't been trolling that idea yet...

Top Bottom