#146 Northern Illinois
#169 Southern Illinois
#173 Georgia Southern
#222 Louisiana Lafayette
#224 NJIT
#229 Mount St. Mary's
#259 Arkansas State
#276 LIU-Brooklyn

"I'll go aggressive on Minnesota here. This was an 8-23 team last season, but Amir Coffey will have pop right away and the team is not going to have the same offensive issues from last year. It's not an NIT team still, but it's going to be markedly better. Nate Mason, junior guard, is going to have a breakout year."

http://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...cbs-sports-1-351-college-basketball-rankings/

Sounds like they consider this an optimistic prediction, which is disappointing. That said, it's a ranking of all 351 teams, and there's no mention of our incoming transfers, so it may just be a very surface-level analysis based on being awful last season and having one stud recruit coming in. Also kind of funny, the team Steve Pikiell left, Stony Brook, to take the Rutgers job, is ranked higher than Rutgers here.

Seems you and CBS have very different opinions of Texas. I saw you had them missing the tournament, and CBS has them ranked #17.

Yes, not high on Longhorns. Might help them, though, that Big XII appears slightly down this year.

i mean they ranked every team 1-351 i wouldnt expect them to do more than surface-level looks tbh

If we stay healthy and eligible we will be much better than #118.

My concern is still depth losing Fitz who would've been a 20 minute guy and a help on defense means we have three useless scholarship players for this year. Along with Gaston and Hugh, grant it Sharpp might be useful in a 5-10 minute role, but can JR step up, can Hurt and Curry contribute. Can Konate give us 10-15 minutes of competent basketball. After our top six it gets weird. None of our top six can afford to get injured.

I have always said the tournament should be expanded to 118 teams.

#8 Michigan State
#10 Indiana
#12 Wisconsin
#20 Purdue
#39 Ohio State
#42 Maryland
#43 Michigan
#64 Penn State
#65 Illinois
#85 Iowa
#86 Northwestern
#107 Nebraska
#118 Minnesota
#253 Rutgers

Non-conference opponents

#31 Florida State
#61 Vanderbilt
#74 Arkansas
#94 UT-Arlington
#122 St. John's
#146 Northern Illinois
#169 Southern Illinois
#173 Georgia Southern
#222 Louisiana Lafayette
#224 NJIT
#229 Mount St. Mary's
#259 Arkansas State
#276 LIU-Brooklyn

"I'll go aggressive on Minnesota here. This was an 8-23 team last season, but Amir Coffey will have pop right away and the team is not going to have the same offensive issues from last year. It's not an NIT team still, but it's going to be markedly better. Nate Mason, junior guard, is going to have a breakout year."

http://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...cbs-sports-1-351-college-basketball-rankings/

Sounds like they consider this an optimistic prediction, which is disappointing. That said, it's a ranking of all 351 teams, and there's no mention of our incoming transfers, so it may just be a very surface-level analysis based on being awful last season and having one stud recruit coming in. Also kind of funny, the team Steve Pikiell left, Stony Brook, to take the Rutgers job, is ranked higher than Rutgers here.

http://www.kenpom.com/

Maybe this is elsewhere but a little different order of projections from Pomeroy:
#8 Wisconsin
#13 Ohio St
#14 Mich St
#15 Purdue
#16 Indiana
#31 Michigan
#48 Maryland
#55 Iowa
#61 NW
#70 Ill
#71 Minnesota
#87 Nebraska