STrib: Reggie Lynch ready for non-contact drills but not being rushed back

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

Lynch is progressing since surgery after suffering a meniscus tear in his left knee during practice last month. He's running and will start non-contact work in practice this week, according to the Gophers

Of course, Gophers coach Richard Pitino wants Lynch to be a dominant presence when the season opens Nov. 11 against Louisiana-Lafayette, but it might not be that soon.

"I think it's unrealistic to expect him to be 100 percent," Pitino said Thursday at Big Ten media day. "He sat out all summer, didn't practice. He had shoulder surgery in February. Even he doesn't understand how hard it's going to be to get back and get into game shape. But the time he did practice (prior to the knee surgery), he looked really good."

Team trainer Ben Felz is working on strengthening Lynch's knee, while also improving his conditioning.

"He's doing the best he can to stay in shape," Pitino said. "We need him to hit the ground running. But I also got to tell myself, you've got to be patient."

http://www.startribune.com/reggie-l...t-drills-but-not-being-rushed-back/397330111/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom