Rothstein: Big Ten planning to play two conference games in December of 2017

Cayman

Reaction score
per Rothstein:

The Big Ten is planning to play two conference games in early December of 2017, sources told FanRag Sports.

The two games would be part of a “Big Ten Weekend”, which would feature the conference’s football championship game on Saturday, Dec. 2nd.

Each basketball program would play one home game and one away game under the expected plan, with the games taking place between Friday Dec. 1st and Monday Dec. 4th, a separate source said.

The same source said that the Big Ten will not have games between Christmas and New Year’s in 2017, with conference play resuming in early 2018.

http://www.todaysu.com/big-ten/rothstein-big-ten-planning-play-two-conference-games-december-2017/

Go Gophers!!

per Rothstein:

The Big Ten is planning to play two conference games in early December of 2017, sources told FanRag Sports.

The two games would be part of a “Big Ten Weekend”, which would feature the conference’s football championship game on Saturday, Dec. 2nd.

Each basketball program would play one home game and one away game under the expected plan, with the games taking place between Friday Dec. 1st and Monday Dec. 4th, a separate source said.

The same source said that the Big Ten will not have games between Christmas and New Year’s in 2017, with conference play resuming in early 2018.

http://www.todaysu.com/big-ten/rothstein-big-ten-planning-play-two-conference-games-december-2017/

Go Gophers!!

I'm not a fan, but it might give some bottom feeders a shot at knocking off a big boy before they hit their stride. I'll sign on if it means two more conference games, but fat chance that will ever happen.

I like this. Spices up December, which is traditionally dull month the way the Gophers schedule.

Wow that's interesting. For some teams, a slow start to the season could be really bad. I like it though as December has become a dead month in college basketball outside of a few marquee games here and there. It will probably push a non-conference game or two into January, but it shakes things up which isn't a bad thing.

Go Gophers!!

MSG - Offset

They had to do something like this to make up for the BTT being a week earlier at MSG. It was either that or eliminate the weeks where teams only play 1 game. Any games just before XMas could have clashed with Finals.

Top Bottom