Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

How many Power 5 scholarships has Lakeville North produced over the years? I can think of about 3-4. In 2017 in a major metropolitan area, many suburban families likely have ties to other states and schools.

It is all too common. Look at the kids whose parents may have played for the Vikings. Then, there is Brad Davidson whose dad's job brought him here from the Carolinas. Unfortunately, his mind was made up for Stanford.

For the same reason PJ Fleck probably is recruiting Hank Bachmeier hard. Some of his grandparents live here in the Twin Cities.

I think it's just A product of the times. Wisconsin has been good and many suburbs, especially Lakeville north as it seems, view Wisconsin as a "grass is always greener" and superior location. Besides Boe and Mitch, we haven't had much publicity to the UMN from LN schools.

I just think BB doesn't want to come here and he certainly doesn't want to be in QCs shadow if Quinn decides to row the boat. I.have already chalked BB up to being gone, where ever gone is.

BB is the 42nd ranked OT in the class of 2019. With your logic he won't go to either becky or iowee. They both already have two 2019 OT rated higher that are committed. I don't think any of us know what the kid will do or what his reasoning is that he will do it. PJ will give both the Minnesota kids the full court press and all we can hope for is that the want to be here. I hope they both become Gophers, but IMG Academy is a pretty good back up plan.

He doesn't run a 4.4, but nonetheless looks like a solid player.

I wouldn't be so sure. He was state champion in his class in the 100M, ran a 10.75. In a quick attempt to convert that to a 40 time I found that former Viking Josh Robinson ran a 4.33 40 Yard dash and as a track athlete his best 100M was 10.77. I also found an article about comparing the two where they try to convert them. They would have him closer to a 4.4 than a 4.5.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Robinson

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/3e1vfa/ochow_40yard_dash_result_translated_to_100_sprint/

I see you making these claims on here that it's impossible for a HS student to run a 40 that fast, based on the 40 times of the NFL combine, with nothing to back it up.

You tear into people for making generalizations with no proof all the time, but continue to make them yourself. You're ridiculous with this stuff.

It's not 1976 anymore. With some of the training regiments these kids go through, some are world class athlete by the time they turn 18-19. The time a guy ran at the NFL combine has nothing to do with it. Football players make it to the NFL combine, not track athletes. That's not the case in college ball, where speed gets you a scholarship.

They time these kids with lasers and GPS at camps. It's above my head (and yours apparently) but it's as accurate as it can get. Right there with the tech at the NFL combine (why aren't those fraudulent?). What motivation does a recruiting service/camp have to lie and say it's a 4.5 instead of a 4.6? Are they forging the times on the track in the spring also, just to get under your skin?

I think it's just A product of the times. Wisconsin has been good and many suburbs, especially Lakeville north as it seems, view Wisconsin as a "grass is always greener" and superior location. Besides Boe and Mitch, we haven't had much publicity to the UMN from LN schools.

I just think BB doesn't want to come here and he certainly doesn't want to be in QCs shadow if Quinn decides to row the boat. I.have already chalked BB up to being gone, where ever gone is.

I'm failing to see any connection between Lakeville North and Wisconsin. Wisconsin only has 3 Minnesota kids on their roster and none are from Lakeville North. It's not like Lakeville North is some kind of juggernaut putting out multiple D1 players every year.

I'm failing to see any connection between Lakeville North and Wisconsin. Wisconsin only has 3 Minnesota kids on their roster and none are from Lakeville North. It's not like Lakeville North is some kind of juggernaut putting out multiple D1 players every year.

One of there bouncey ball players is a freshman there this year.

I see you making these claims on here that it's impossible for a HS student to run a 40 that fast, based on the 40 times of the NFL combine, with nothing to back it up.

You tear into people for making generalizations with no proof all the time, but continue to make them yourself. You're ridiculous with this stuff.

It's not 1976 anymore. With some of the training regiments these kids go through, some are world class athlete by the time they turn 18-19. The time a guy ran at the NFL combine has nothing to do with it. Football players make it to the NFL combine, not track athletes. That's not the case in college ball, where speed gets you a scholarship.

They time these kids with lasers and GPS at camps. It's above my head (and yours apparently) but it's as accurate as it can get. Right there with the tech at the NFL combine (why aren't those fraudulent?). What motivation does a recruiting service/camp have to lie and say it's a 4.5 instead of a 4.6? Are they forging the times on the track in the spring also, just to get under your skin?

I don't know what Wiley runs, but honestly I don't see anything all that special about his speed or acceleration in his hudl video.

Exactly.

A. What's a training regiment?

B. Grown men, with the benefit of 3-5 years of growth, maturity, and elite training from highly skilled professionals, gather for the NFL draft combine every year, and only a handful of them run a 4.4 or faster. And yet, some random 16/17-year-old in Waseca, MN, runs a 4.4. Yes, that is totally reasonable and plausible that that would happen.

C. If this kid actually runs a 4.4 (again, he absolutely does not), he would be getting offers from every major school in the country, not FCS HBCU Howard.

B. Grown men, with the benefit of 3-5 years of growth, maturity, and elite training from highly skilled professionals, gather for the NFL draft combine every year, and only a handful of them run a 4.4 or faster. And yet, some random 16/17-year-old in Waseca, MN, runs a 4.4. Yes, that is totally reasonable and plausible that that would happen.

C. If this kid actually runs a 4.4 (again, he absolutely does not), he would be getting offers from every major school in the country, not FCS HBCU Howard.
Jalen Myrick ran a 4.28 at the combine. I guess I can't confirm, but it's reasonable to assume his HS 40 time was near a 4.4. How many offers did he have?

Also, this kid is listed at 5-10, 177 lbs (probably soaking wet and wearing high heels). If he added 30-40 lbs and still had that speed, he would have a lot more offers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jalen Myrick ran a 4.28 at the combine. I guess I can't confirm, but it's reasonable to assume his HS 40 time was near a 4.4. How many offers did he have?

Also, this kid is listed at 5-10, 177 lbs (probably soaking wet and wearing high heels). If he added 30-40 lbs and still had that speed, he would have a lot more offers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

4.4 on the nose in high school.

Midd tenn state, Colorado State, Louisiana Laf.
https://247sports.com/Player/Jalen-Myrick-20901/high-school-33273

I played with a guy in HS who ran a 4.45, electric timed. Was also the best sprinter in the state at the time. 0 D1 offers.

Electric timed with a handheld watch, sure.

Of all the hills you die on, this is the weirdest one. Who the f cares if it’s a really 40 or not. 40 times are useless.
And who the f cares if they believe the times anyway.

Just to give a little perspective on 40 yard dash times, when Usain Bolt ran his record 9.58 second 100 meter dash, he ran his first 40 yards in 4.64 seconds.

Bolt is 6’5”, and some smaller sprinters can come off the blocks quicker and beat that time. Also, most world class sprinters hit their peak speed at 40 to 50 meters. What makes Bolt special is he continues to accelerate until he hits 60 to 70 meters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to give a little perspective on 40 yard dash times, when Usain Bolt ran his record 9.58 second 100 meter dash, he ran his first 40 yards in 4.64 seconds.

Bolt is 6’5”, and some smaller sprinters can come off the blocks quicker and beat that time. Also, most world class sprinters hit their peak speed at 40 to 50 meters. What makes Bolt special is he continues to accelerate until he hits 60 to 70 meters.

Good story, How many P5 offers?

Watch the highlight tape, the kid doesn't have special speed. I don't care what he was clocked at. He looks like a slower Phillip Howard.

The first 40 yards or the first 40 meters?????

Of all the hills you die on, this is the weirdest one. Who the f cares if it’s a really 40 or not. 40 times are useless.

If 40 times are so useless, why is it used by coaches and scouts at the collegiate and pro level so much?

WOW THIS COULD POSSIBLY BE THE DUMBEST POST OF THE YEAR.

Top Bottom