Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

With the Gophers class next year likely to be a fair amount smaller I don't want to see them lock in on people who are likely to be available later on. I will admit I haven't seen Cole play but if we're talking strictly rankings here I would hope that 90% of our energy goes to Bachmeier. He would be an amazing early get and set a tone for '19 but who knows if he's ready to start talking commitment yet. Either way, let's go get the kid and get other recruits to see that is a destination for talent.

The staff wants both Kramer and Hank, and both have come out saying they're not afraid of QB competition.

I would have no beef with us getting both guys, and I'm hoping every kid in the nation understands that he'll be competing with multiple years worth of players to get playing time. You just never know how truly able these guys are to handling that competition. Either way I would LOVE to see Hank here and with his list of offers I'm hoping he'd consider committing early.

The QB position is such an important one that you'd have to keep the talent level high to offset the ones who will transfer every year or two. You have to keep recruiting at least one in each class.

It is not a bad deal for these kids to come and compete and get all the development and conditioning with the Gophers. If it is not a good fit, or when the time comes to make a decision to stay or transfer - they've got a lot of prep when they leave.

Look at Chris Streveler.

per Greder:

“Any time you can sign student-athletes fast and get it done, over with, it helps you in the next class, too,” Gophers coach P.J. Fleck said Wednesday. “We go back out (on the recruiting trail) in January — everybody.”

Fleck has made it a priority to strive for high school recruits to give the Gophers commitments early in the annual process. For example, Eden Prairie cornerback Benny Sapp III was the first pledge in the Gophers’ 2018 class, committing Feb. 11, only 10 days after last year’s national signing day.

“I’m excited,” Fleck said. “We’re going to attack the 2019 class starting (Wednesday).”

While the Gophers don’t have to juggle two recruiting classes, they won’t be alone in trying to snare 2019 commits. Among the 247 top recruits in the nation in the 2019 class, 44 have given early commitments to schools, according to 247sports.com. Iowa and Michigan have three each from this group, with Wisconsin and Ohio State at one apiece.

Edina offensive tackle Quinn Carroll is ranked 102nd in the nation for ’19. He has yet to make a college choice.

https://www.twincities.com/2017/12/20/with-2018-class-in-the-books-gophers-turn-to-2019-recruits/

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

So Logan Richter is going to be part of the 2019 class now?

My guess is Quinn Carroll ends up being our first commit

This would be absolutely incredible if he would do this. I can't imagine what the boost he would make to get a great class started. What do you think Carroll? We're ready!!

FYI... Cole Kramer is Carter Coughlin's cousin..

F.A.M.I.L.Y

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 MN kids to start out the 2019 class. Good job!

Not overly excited about Kramer, I know we still may land Bachmeier, but dang its nice to start off the cycle like this with two good instate commits

Not overly excited about Kramer, I know we still may land Bachmeier, but dang its nice to start off the cycle like this with two good instate commits

Hope it's a nice trend and will be continued with Carroll & Benhart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I think we only have 14-15 seniors next year....Given the size of 2018 class I think we can only bring in like 15 for 2019 right? (probably a few more after transfers in December)

So I think we only have 14-15 seniors next year....Given the size of 2018 class I think we can only bring in like 15 for 2019 right? (probably a few more after transfers in December)

Transfers, walk-ons can have their scholarships taken. They'll find a way to sign at least 20.

I wonder if these kids wanted to commit earlier and PJ asked then to wait to announce until after they signed the 2018 class?

Top Bottom