Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Scout's site now directs to 2019 when you click on team ranking. MN shows up at 31 with its two commitments. Interesting that WI already had 8 commits and 4, 4* commitments for 2019.

Scout's site now directs to 2019 when you click on team ranking. MN shows up at 31 with its two commitments. Interesting that WI already had 8 commits and 4, 4* commitments for 2019.

I decided to sneak a peek...Even more interesting is Wisky only had 2 (of the 8) from Sconie and neither are lineman or 4*

I'll be a little surprised if they hold on to Graham Mertz.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It would be nice if we can get a commitment from Hank Bachmeier. The sooner the better as far as recruitment of other players is concern.

per Simmons:

Minnesota signed five prospects out of Georgia in their 2018 class, including four-star wide receiver Rashod Bateman of Tift County.

The Gophers would love to get another one from Tift County in 2019. His name is Austin Williams. The 6-foot-4, 306 pound offensive tackle has a Minnesota offer and Bateman is letting him know about the Gophers.

"Rashod is in my ear about Minnesota and he is just telling me it is home there and that it is a good place," said Williams. "He told me that Minnesota really knows how to recruit and the coaches make you feel at home."

PJ Fleck is very active in recruiting and he has already spoken with Williams. Not many others have taken that approach.

"It means a lot to me that coach Fleck knows who I am and has taken the time to talk with me. Out of the other schools recruiting me, I have not talked to the head coach at any of them yet.

"He seems like a good guy. Coach Fleck told me they can use me there, that he likes my talent and that I have a chance to get on the field early there."

Williams felt an "instant connection" with the staff at Minnesota. He is starting to see already some of the reasons why Bateman signed with them.

"They are talking to me the most and the coaches are very energetic," said Williams. "I know it is always about business with coaches, but they seem to know how to make recruits relaxed, they are energetic, they know how to have fun and I like them a lot."

https://n.rivals.com/news/minnesota-signed-bateman-now-they-want-williams

Go Gophers!!

per Simmons:

Minnesota signed five prospects out of Georgia in their 2018 class, including four-star wide receiver Rashod Bateman of Tift County.

The Gophers would love to get another one from Tift County in 2019. His name is Austin Williams. The 6-foot-4, 306 pound offensive tackle has a Minnesota offer and Bateman is letting him know about the Gophers.

"Rashod is in my ear about Minnesota and he is just telling me it is home there and that it is a good place," said Williams. "He told me that Minnesota really knows how to recruit and the coaches make you feel at home."

PJ Fleck is very active in recruiting and he has already spoken with Williams. Not many others have taken that approach.

"It means a lot to me that coach Fleck knows who I am and has taken the time to talk with me. Out of the other schools recruiting me, I have not talked to the head coach at any of them yet.

"He seems like a good guy. Coach Fleck told me they can use me there, that he likes my talent and that I have a chance to get on the field early there."

Williams felt an "instant connection" with the staff at Minnesota. He is starting to see already some of the reasons why Bateman signed with them.

"They are talking to me the most and the coaches are very energetic," said Williams. "I know it is always about business with coaches, but they seem to know how to make recruits relaxed, they are energetic, they know how to have fun and I like them a lot."

https://n.rivals.com/news/minnesota-signed-bateman-now-they-want-williams

Go Gophers!!

PJ Fleck was recruiting Rashod Bateman early before he blew up the HS divisions stats. Austin Williams has not been rated yet, and PJ has been in his ear.

per Tufaro:

Some of the biggest names in college football, including Ohio State University’s Urban Meyer, have already made their way to St. Joseph High School to inquire in person about New Jersey’s top recruit and one of the nation’s most heralded offensive linemen.

The coveted junior tackle is known around campus simply as “Johnny O.” His gregarious off-field nature belies the tenacity with which his 6-foot-6 and 305-pound frame drives opposing linemen in the opposite direction, or sometimes into the ground.

Oklahoma’s Lincoln Riley, Pittsburgh’s Pat Narduzzi, Syracuse’s Dino Babers, Minnesota’s P.J. Fleck, Duke’s David Cutcliffe and Northwestern’s Pat Fitzgerald are among the college mentors who have visited the scenic 70-acre Metuchen campus to talk to St. Joseph head coach Rich Hilliard about John Olmstead, who holds offers from 35 major Division I programs with more on the way.

https://www.mycentraljersey.com/sto...n-olmstead-new-jerseys-top-recruit/344183002/

Here's the picture from the article - look closely at the one team's envelope that sticks out in the inset picture - I think I see oars, we've got oars baby!!!!

636543387779791305-stack.jpg

https://www.mycentraljersey.com/sto...n-olmstead-new-jerseys-top-recruit/344183002/

Go Gophers!!

"What's Coach Fleck like on the phone?"

Johnny O: "Awesome! He's a pump up guy!"

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Wisconsin’s 4* commit Mertz, picked up an offer from Alabama.

Simmons: Florida LB eyeing official visit to Minnesota in April

Under PJ Fleck, Minnesota looks to be really attacking the south on the recruiting trail. The Gophers signed five prospects out of Florida in the 2018 class and they hope to sign at least that many in 2019.

One of their targets in 2019 is linebacker Jordan Richo out of Yulee and Minnesota offered in January. It was his first offer.

IN HIS OWN WORDS: "I was talking on the phone to coach [Joe] Rossi, the defensive backs coach for Minnesota and he is the coach that offered me last month," said Richo. "He gave my information to the linebacker coach and we have just went from them.

"Them being first to offer me means a lot. It showed me that they really want me. It did not matter to them that I did not have offers, so it felt great. It just showed me that they really like me, that they really want me and they think I can play for them.

"The coaches there told me that they like my speed and that they like how I can play sideline to sideline.

"I do not know a lot about the school yet. I know they are updating their facilities and that they are building a lot of new stuff, so I like that. I want to get up there for a visit. I know coach Fleck is doing a great job there.

"I am going to take my official visit in April. There is no date set yet, but me and the coaches have talked about the visit coming in April. I just want to see what the surroundings are like there and see if it feels like one brotherhood there.

"I know I like them a lot."

https://n.rivals.com/news/florida-lb-eyeing-official-visit-to-minnesota-in-april

Go Gophers!!

Well Bama has offers out to 4 guys ranked higher than Mertz. Two of whom live in Alambama. I doubt right now he is going to end up at Bama.

Maybe, but man Bama stacks talented guys up in piles... you'd think they'd go elsewhere ... but they don't.

Did not realize how quickly Bucky got out of the gate for 2019...

Go Gophers!!

Are we worried that all these new guys being offered aren't really considering us since they haven't jumped on the new uni pics?

I'm not surprised Wisconsin got off to a fast start, when you miss the playoffs by one game, you are very attractive to recruits. I know they don't have a history of top 25 recruiting classes, but if they keep doing this well and maybe get to the playoffs once or twice, their recruiting classes will go up just by reputation. This is why fleck's personality will only get him so far with recruits. I think he can get in the upper 30's, maybe low 20's just on selling the program, but he really needs to start showing an upward trend/compete for the west title in the next couple of years.

On another note, I wouldn't be too surprised if we don't get many commits until after the spring game/into summer, but I'm not worried about that either.

Go Gophers!!

Did we supply that ... pic...

I don't think so. All the picks from other schools on his twitter seem to use the same (or similar) font to the "You can go anywhere from here" in this photo. A lot of them also say the "Scholarship High" thing

I'm not surprised Wisconsin got off to a fast start, when you miss the playoffs by one game, you are very attractive to recruits. I know they don't have a history of top 25 recruiting classes, but if they keep doing this well and maybe get to the playoffs once or twice, their recruiting classes will go up just by reputation. This is why fleck's personality will only get him so far with recruits. I think he can get in the upper 30's, maybe low 20's just on selling the program, but he really needs to start showing an upward trend/compete for the west title in the next couple of years.

On another note, I wouldn't be too surprised if we don't get many commits until after the spring game/into summer, but I'm not worried about that either.

I wouldn't worry about it either, but Fleck likes to be aggressive early. I would be surprised if we don't have 10+ by June 1.

Does anyone know how many scholarships we have for this class?

Am I just oblivious to how many scholarships past coaches offered or does Fleck offer a lot more? I love how good Fleck is at recruiting and it is going to start to pay off

Am I just oblivious to how many scholarships past coaches offered or does Fleck offer a lot more? I love how good Fleck is at recruiting and it is going to start to pay off

I don't know if PJ offers more, maybe we're just in an age where folks tweet it MORE and we hear about it more.

Having said that PJ makes it clear that he offers a lot of scholarships first come first serve so obviously there are more out there than spots, but if they are first come first serve, I think it's ok to offer more than you have. If they kid wants it, he can have it, if he waits, can't wait for everyone...

Top Bottom