Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

I like our chances, but if he does pick some other school, I hope it's Iowa State. I want the Cyclones to be the best team in Iowa.

If there is something we've had some degree of success with is producing solid RBs. I'd love to see us pull another player from Illinois....and we could afford more high-end talent at RB for the future.

If there is something we've had some degree of success with is producing solid RBs. I'd love to see us pull another player from Illinois....and we could afford more high-end talent at RB for the future.

This is true, it's a bit amazing how we've turned out a lot of great RBs. And then there's Iowa's injury record with RBs. Come to MN Breezey and you'll be a star; stay away from the Squakeyes or you're doomed to get injured.

Loving the early official visits. Looks like a few visitors already lined up for June officials. When will the U have their summer camps??

June 8th
Jirehl Brock - RB, IL (Iowa, Northwestern, Iowa State, Purdue, Michigan State, Illinois, Indiana, Missouri)
DeAngelo Griffin - DT, GA (Georgia Tech, Kentucky, Indiana, Maryland, South Carolina)

June 15th
Isaiah Gibson - DT, OH (wisconsin, Michigan State, West Virginia, Louisville, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Maryland, Purdue, Iowa State, Kentucky, Syracuse, Rutgers)

https://247sports.com/college/minnesota/Institution/Minnesota-Golden-Gophers-24044/TimelineEvents

Loving the early official visits. Looks like a few visitors already lined up for June officials. When will the U have their summer camps??

June 8th
Jirehl Brock - RB, IL (Iowa, Northwestern, Iowa State, Purdue, Michigan State, Illinois, Indiana, Missouri)
DeAngelo Griffin - DT, GA (Georgia Tech, Kentucky, Indiana, Maryland, South Carolina)

June 15th
Isaiah Gibson - DT, OH (wisconsin, Michigan State, West Virginia, Louisville, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Maryland, Purdue, Iowa State, Kentucky, Syracuse, Rutgers)

https://247sports.com/college/minnesota/Institution/Minnesota-Golden-Gophers-24044/TimelineEvents

I think the early OVs in the summer will really help us in recruiting.

I would love to see the gophers land Jihrel Brock. I had heard he was leaning Iowa but if he visits and see's the new Athlete's Village he may be swayed.

I would love to see the gophers land Jihrel Brock. I had heard he was leaning Iowa but if he visits and see's the new Athlete's Village he may be swayed.

He already has visited and seen Athlete's Village.

He already has visited and seen Athlete's Village.

Seems like if Fleck doesn’t have a commitment after the 2nd visit the player typically doesn’t commit here. PJ seems pretty good at locking them in the 2nd time on campus. Hopefully we see a bat signal.

I know there are probably exceptions to the above rule of thumb.

Kind of an interesting offer. Same HS as Mayan Ahanotu. Plays QB, but listed as an ATH. Could see him at WR or CB.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Kind of an interesting offer. Same HS as Mayan Ahanotu. Plays QB, but listed as an ATH. Could see him at WR or CB.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4.45 40 speed! Damn

obviously need more then speed but I can see this guy as a slot WR for sure!

<twitterwidget class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" id="twitter-widget-0" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; transform: rotate(0deg); max-width: 100%; width: 500px; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;" data-tweet-id="998219469745999873"></twitterwidget>
<script async="" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

:D I guess a chipmunk is as close as you can get to a Gopher in emoji world!<iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.31849fd556d065e6364d2ceb2dcd1e60.html?origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.forums.gopherhole.com&settingsEndpoint=https%3A%2F%2Fsyndication.twitter.com%2Fsettings" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe"></iframe>

:D I guess a chipmunk is as close as you can get to a Gopher in emoji world!<iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.31849fd556d065e6364d2ceb2dcd1e60.html?origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.forums.gopherhole.com&settingsEndpoint=https%3A%2F%2Fsyndication.twitter.com%2Fsettings" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe"></iframe>

Maybe it's a 13 stripe ground squirrel!

I've got a couple of stripes for you. But, it is in Wisconsin.

BADGER ROADKILL.jpg

I've got a couple of stripes for you. But, it is in Wisconsin.

BADGER ROADKILL.jpg

Omar Brown from Minneapolis North picked up an offer from Indiana.

The Dpo signal must not be working properly.

I think he backed off that take when he realized all the track times for these kids in the spring are that fast, and legit (his thing was that all of these times were fake....even at the Nike camps that use state of the art electronic and GPS timing systems).

Terell Smith, for example, has a personal best 10.32 100 meter. For reference Travon Bromwell, one of the best 100 meter runners in the world currently, finishing in 8th place overall at the Olympic Games, ran a 10.06. Johan Blake, who may be considered the best sprinter of all-time if not for Usain Bolt, ran just a shade under 10 at the last Olympics. Usain Bolt's world record is about a half second faster than Smiths PB. Another comparison: Christian Coleman, Olympian, has a PB 100 meter of 9.96. A couple of years ago he ran a legitimate 4.12 40.

It is absolutely plausible that a high school kid woth extensive sprinter training can run a 4.4-4.5 40, and there is so absolutely no basis to think otherwise (and, no, the NFL combine doesn't debunk all of these electronically times spring track times, or the electronic times at summer camps, its absurd. They're using the same timing system in some cases).

4.45 40 speed! Damn

obviously need more then speed but I can see this guy as a slot WR for sure!

We'd like to have speed demons at WR. This is a start.

Ideally, a Randy Moss at 6' 4" 4.25 40.

I think he backed off that take when he realized all the track times for these kids in the spring are that fast, and legit (his thing was that all of these times were fake....even at the Nike camps that use state of the art electronic and GPS timing systems).

Terell Smith, for example, has a personal best 10.32 100 meter. For reference Travon Bromwell, one of the best 100 meter runners in the world currently, finishing in 8th place overall at the Olympic Games, ran a 10.06. Johan Blake, who may be considered the best sprinter of all-time if not for Usain Bolt, ran just a shade under 10 at the last Olympics. Usain Bolt's world record is about a half second faster than Smiths PB. Another comparison: Christian Coleman, Olympian, has a PB 100 meter of 9.96. A couple of years ago he ran a legitimate 4.12 40.

It is absolutely plausible that a high school kid woth extensive sprinter training can run a 4.4-4.5 40, and there is so absolutely no basis to think otherwise (and, no, the NFL combine doesn't debunk all of these electronically times spring track times, or the electronic times at summer camps, its absurd. They're using the same timing system in some cases).

First of all, I don't need anyone to speak for me, least of all you.

Second, my (accurate) take is that obviously fake times are fake. There are a small handful of HS football players in the country each year who run a 4.45 40, and they have many high-level options of where to go to school. Terell Smith wasn't the 4.45 mentioned above (though I'm sure you knew that), but he is probably one of the few who could do it. He nearly won the 100 m in the fastest state in the country. He had offers from schools like Florida, Michigan St., and Ole Miss. Joshua Youngblood (who ran the "4.45" mentioned above, which again I'm sure you knew) has offers from Minnesota and a bunch of low-level FBS and FCS schools. He doesn't run a 4.45.

Finally, why are you lumping in 10.32 with high 9s/low 10s and acting like those are close to each other? A time of 10.32 isn't in the realm of the ballpark of close to world-class speed. Your ignorant comment is essentially equivalent to saying that a golfer who shoots a 74 at the local muni is thisclose to playing in the Masters.

Second, my (accurate) take is that obviously fake times are fake. There are a small handful of HS football players in the country each year who run a 4.45 40, and they have many high-level options of where to go to school. Terell Smith wasn't the 4.45 mentioned above (though I'm sure you knew that), but he is probably one of the few who could do it. He nearly won the 100 m in the fastest state in the country. He had offers from schools like Florida, Michigan St., and Ole Miss. Joshua Youngblood (who ran the "4.45" mentioned above, which again I'm sure you knew) has offers from Minnesota and a bunch of low-level FBS and FCS schools. He doesn't run a 4.45.

Finally, why are you lumping in 10.32 with high 9s/low 10s and acting like those are close to each other? A time of 10.32 isn't in the realm of the ballpark of close to world-class speed. Your ignorant comment is essentially equivalent to saying that a golfer who shoots a 74 at the local muni is thisclose to playing in the Masters.

10.32 isn't world class speed for a kid in high school?! LOL

What was Bolt running when he was 16-17 years old?

First off very few want you to speak, let alone anyone trying speak for you.

Second, "fake time are fake"...awesome take. Is Florida the 'Fastest State in the Country"? Please don't answer, there is no way to prove this. Yes- there are fast people from there, get it.

Third, 10.32 is world class speed. Here are the results from the Olympics and that time holds up rather well:
https://www.bbc.com/sport/olympics/rio-2016/results/sports/athletics/mens-100m

I'm sure you have a (superior) opinion on how the Olympics is not a world class event...

Terrell Smith is crazy fast and it’s going to be awesome having him here. He’s likely to only get faster too. I think the point he’s trying to make though is that .3-.5 seconds is a lot in the 100 cause it’s such a short distance and if you had him race in finals of olympics you’d see how much that .3-.5 seconds really is. He wasn’t comparing him to 16-17 yr old Bolt but just referencing the time

You also have to keep in mind that 10.31 is his best and Usain ran a 9.58 which is .73 seconds faster

Top Bottom